New eBike Brand. Help me with Reviews!

krdugger

Hello. I'm the owner of a new electric bike company, Ride1UP.com. I know a lot of people probably think there are already too many and what's the point... I was tired of seeing cheap junk and overpriced corperate brands. I ultimately just want to see more people biking and less people driving (I'm Dutch) :).

Anyway, I want to ask the question since this site is filled with the most knowledgeable people on everything electric bike; Can you find a better bike than what I am offering for under $1000 delivered to your door?

If anyone is looking for a new eBike, please consider us. The site has just finished, and orders are ready to ship tomorrow. I could really use reviews!
Thanks for reading,
Kevin

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,084
  • Bike Comparison.jpg
    Bike Comparison.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 1,133
Last edited:
I think competition is good. IMO, what is very important when considering an ebike is; Quality, Reliability, Support and with that comes Reputation. Those things are what I considered when I bought my ebike and is actually the same criteria I use on anything I spend a large amount of money on....

Good Luck!

Thank you! Sorry for the mis-post. There shouldn't be any copyright issue as the business name is significantly different and the field of business. There is also a 1UP nutrition.

Anyway, what do you think of the bike and price? Is there a better value available?

.... Front fork and tire need to be connected. Installation can be completed in under 20 minutes. However, for the warranty to be upheld, we require you have a bicycle mechanic or eBike professional review or complete the assembly to ensure all connections are properly secure and safe for riding.

I put together all my ebikes and I was a bike mechanic for years. The last thing I want to do is argue with a vendor about by qualifications as a bike mechanic and how the bike was put together when there's a clear issue with materials or factory assembly workmanship.

I don't like throttle only capable bikes, but that's just my opinion.

I do prefer class 3, 28mph, but this is close enough

Price is good though, it's what I was getting the EVO 27.5's for until recently. And I had to pay shipping on the evo's.

Hi There. A couple quick things.. You would not have to argue about your qualifications. You are more than qualified. As a small business owner, this is just to ensure people who don't have experience don't stick things together break it, or themselves and come back to me. Your experience would not be an issue. I may have to change the wording there, but it is just over-protective language for potential lawsuits, etc.

Also, did it seem that this is a throttle only bike? It is a class-3 PAS bike. Perhaps it is not advertised well. I will check on that.. I really appreciate your feedback.

I'm trying to find a link for the similarly priced evo model, but I can't find it :/

Thanks for your reply and feeback!! :)
Kevin Dugger
owner, Ride1UP

Copyright issue will depend on their legal budget. I bet if you called yourself RideDisney, or RideChevrolet you would get a couple calls. LOL
That is certainly true. However, there are about 10 companies using the name 1UP in their title, and I don't believe 1UP USA the bike rack retailer has the authority over the name of 1UP, as it was already used by several companies before them. It is not a uniquely identifiable name to them, like Nike, Disney or Chevy would be.

Last edited:
krdrugger, I don't see an integrated headlamp as described on the mtb. "Integrated headlight run off main battery, controlled by display. " Also, you can edit your first post so that readers can link right to your website vs the ole copy=paste=slow method.

Linky

krdrugger, I don't see an integrated headlamp as described on the mtb. "Integrated headlight run off main battery, controlled by display. " Also, you can edit your first post so that readers can link right to your website vs the ole copy=paste=slow method.

Linky
Thank you again for the advice! - edited. The studio photos we removed the light for less clutter. Realizing now it just made it overly complicated. - You'll see the light that's included on the home page or if you scroll down on the bike page https://ride1up.com/bike/order

Good luck, answer the phone and returning messages goes a long way. Court is not going to like no bottle cage bolts, the rest of may not care that much. Kickstand towards the back not to be in the way of the pedals would be nice. I did not study the specs but seems to be a good start. Need to get some more sold and reviews from your Customers posted here at EBR to make this work. I have a ElectricBikeCompany bike and it is assist to 28 mph on your comparison chart by the way.

krdugger 1UP is a US federally registered trademark for a number of items including bicycle carriers, exercise equipment, and indoor bicycle trainers. Most notable, you are not listed as owning a 1UP trademark. If the owners of those trademarks have insurance, highly likely, it is a simple matter for them to contact an infringer with a cease and desist letter followed by a lawsuit. Next time check the online database of federal trademarks before you choose a corporate identity. It is free. You may consider filing for your own 1UP trademark as soon as possible.
Thank you Rincon, I had my attorney check the database. We are aware of the fitness equipment company and separate automotive parts company, nutrition company, event management company, wireless company, health company, etc. I do not believe the name Ride1UP operating in a separate industry is infringing on their respective trademarks. Our logo and identity are entirely separate. The only similarity is the 1UP portion of the name which is shared by a wide range of companies. We might all be sued by Nintendo for using that one. I do appreciate your comment and concern and I will assess the risk potential. Do you work in Law?

Good luck, answer the phone and returning messages goes a long way. Court is not going to like no bottle cage bolts, the rest of may not care that much. Kickstand towards the back not to be in the way of the pedals would be nice. I did not study the specs but seems to be a good start. Need to get some more sold and reviews from your Customers posted here at EBR to make this work. I have a ElectricBikeCompany bike and it is assist to 28 mph on your comparison chart by the way.

Thank you! They don't list their speed and I haven't been able to test their bike yet. One of the very rare made in America brands though. Gotta respect that. Have you been able to get the PAS to 28mph? We respond to emails and phone calls within the hour during business days. Definitely will keep up with that. Cheers.

Good tip on the water bottle bolts, sorry Cort! They do make water bottle holders that attach without bolt-ins though. Easy to add. :/

Also, personally, I much prefer the kickstand in the middle, or even just removing it, but I know that's not shared by everyone. I think it looks better and balances the bike better. It also doesn't seem to get in the way for me.

Yes on the 28 MPH for the EBC bikes, it is limited there if not this bike would just keep going, very powerful. I am a heavy rider so appreciate having it there to get me up hills when needed. No need to go that fast because it will hurt more if you crash, :).

It's hard to discern from photos where the quality compromises will be, but call me skeptical that any ebike can be both built, and sold at that price level, let alone one with quality bike components, frame, motor, battery, bms, display, etc.

Many years ago I created the tools that made litigation possible on a scale never before dreamed of. I did that for over 20 years. I am the father of extremely large scale litigation, though I am not an attorney.
And you actually admit to all that ....

It's hard to discern from photos where the quality compromises will be, but call me skeptical that any ebike can be both built, and sold at that price level, let alone one with quality bike components, frame, motor, battery, bms, display, etc.
Mike, this is the type of experienced comment I was looking for. Are you Mike of the website mikes e-bikes? Would you be interested receiving one of our bikes so you can inspect the bike to possibly carry/sell our product? Would love to sell on your site.

I will say, this pricing mostly won't work when fulfilled by other companies and in the long term. Your comment requires a long explanation as to why I can even price this competitively in the start. I spent over a year working on a partnership with the best Chinese manufacturer/supplier (most standard eBikes are manufactured there, hope this isn't a surprise). Spent a month in China touring many factories that produce bikes from ms2, radpower, sondors, and brands you sell like blix. Anyway, I self financed everything, no loans, no payments to make, I ordered in large quantity, over 500. I have an efficiently contracted quality control team adding around 2% in costs. I have 40' containers shipped to Oakland under $1500 and have a Warehouse costing less than $1000/month. Our shipping cost deductions are lower than any I've compared among logistics companies. I don't plan on operating with a profit for some time (nor is one desired). I am fortunate enough to have made significant living income in real estate. I am operating out of a desire to see something better grow.

Everything I've worked towards is making the most efficient supply line I could possibly create without sacrificing on the product. Will it fail to be profitable. Maybe. Marketing on a low budget will be a huge struggle.

Back