New Bafang ebike

mojoe

Region
USA
I went for a hike today at Spooner Lake State Park (NV), about Noon. On the North side of the lake, near the trail that heads North to Marlette Lake, I saw a group doing a professional photo shoot. The subject was a young guy on an ebike. Being curious, I walked over, and when they took a break, asked what was up.

It seems that Bafang has made an ebike for backcountry use (hunting, fishing, etc.). The ebike was a dull black/grey in color, and had a matching flatbed trailer. The ebike looked very beefy. The downtube was square and very large, with the Bafang name on it. I assume this is where the battery is (I couldn't tell if it was removeable). The ebike had very fat and knobby tires. The rider was a young man, dressed in hunter camo.

I chatted a bit with the photo crew. They asked me what I knew about Bafang. I said only what I read online, but that it seemed to be a well regarded brand. The Asian-looking lady standing off a ways smiled and waved at this. I was told that she was the Bafang rep.

Although the trails around Spooner, Marlette and Lake Tahoe are popular mountain bike destinations, I find it curious that Bafang would travel to this part of Nevada to do a photo shoot for a new ebike. Assuming that they have an office in California, there would be closer locations over there.

I can see where some might find such an ebike of use. In the past, hunters have either packed everything in/out themselves, or used much larger ATV-type vehicles, which are usually gas powered. Even if you're not hunting, a smaller electric vehicle, like an ebike with trailer that is made for off road should be of use to many people.

Last edited:
I went for a hike today at Spooner Lake State Park (NV), about Noon. On the North side of the lake, near the trail that heads North to Marlette Lake, I saw a group doing a professional photo shoot. The subject was a young guy on an ebike. Being curious, I walked over, and when they took a break, asked what was up.

It seems that Bafang has made an ebike for backcountry use (hunting, fishing, etc.). The ebike was a dull black/grey in color, and had a matching flatbed trailer. The ebike looked very beefy. The downtube was square and very large, with the Bafang name on it. I assume this is where the battery is (I couldn't tell if it was removeable). The ebike had very fat and knobby tires. The rider was a young man, dressed in hunter camo.

I chatted a bit with the photo crew. They asked me what I knew about Bafang. I said only what I read online, but that it seemed to be a well regarded brand. The Asian-looking lady standing off a ways smiled and waved at this. I was told that she was the Bafang rep.

Although the trails around Spooner, Marlette and Lake Tahoe are popular mountain bike destinations, I find it curious that Bafang would travel to this part of Nevada to do a photo shoot for a new ebike. Assuming that they have an office in California, there would be closer locations over there.

I can see where some might find such an ebike of use. In the past, hunters have either packed everything in/out themselves, or used much larger ATV-type vehicles, which are usually gas powered. Even if you're not hunting, a smaller electric vehicle, like an ebike with trailer that is made for off road should be of use to many people.
Have look at envodrive.com and ebikebc.ca ,they have an E-ATV

It seems that Bafang has made an ebike for backcountry use
I wonder if they will sell it as a Bafang branded bike. Direct to Consumer? Not likely. Through dealers? Also, not likely. The M620 motor is used on these bikes with a specified Bafang mounting requirement. It could just be that they can feature this bike as a demo for manufactures' of bikes that use Bafang motor system products at the wholesale level. In that case the Bafang branding is just for the motor and maybe IGH hub.

Back