New Charger and Supercharger not coming to U.S. (edit- possibly mid 2018)

510cm

Riese and Müller posted press releases today announcing new Chargers and Superchargers with integrated PowerTube batteries. I've been waiting to order a Charger in the hope that they would be coming out with something just like this for Eurobike. I'd order a Supercharger with the belt drive Rohloff immediately. Unfortunately, they won't be coming to the U.S. I assume this is due to Bosch not supporting the PowerTube batteries here, yet. What a disappointment.
18_Supercharger_GX_Rohloff_urban-silver-metallic.jpg

Attachments

• Riese-Mueller_Supercharger_2018_EN_International.pdf
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,799
No way! Is this like the concept cars that the auto manufacturers tease you with and then what finally rolls off the production line is vastly different? Well kudos to the product designers. That is one bada** looking bike. 2 batteries integrated in the tubes, great color scheme, belt drive with Rohloff. Really cool. I bet it makes its way to the U.S. R&M would have a better market for it here.

We are seeing some great looking bikes lately. You first had the development of the components, the Rohloff and NuVinci hubs, the Gates synchronous drive belt, the various front (and sometimes rear) pneumatic suspension systems, the hydraulic disc brakes (with anti-lock features on the horizon), various LED front and rear lights, frames of aluminum and carbon fiber, and finally, electrically powered drive systems with microprocessor controls and displays. Once you have all these great pieces to work with, it's very easy to plug them together in a modern CAD prototype and actually perform trial scenarios to test the ruggedness of the design. The picture above represents a coalescing of the industrial design; we are the ones to profit.

First Nyon, now this. I'm beginning to understand how the rest of the world felt when Apple only released the original iPhone in the US, with all other countries waiting months or years to get theirs.

There's my dream bike. I've been looking at the Delite and the Charger with Nuvinci hub and belt and have just about settled on the Charger. But I'll wait awhile and see if this new Charger makes it to North America.

They'll be coming but it's just going to be a little delayed due to the powertube battery UL certification. It always takes a little longer than the EU. I hope to have more news soon.

They'll be coming but it's just going to be a little delayed due to the powertube battery UL certification. It always takes a little longer than the EU. I hope to have more news soon.
Glad to hear this. Thank you for the info. I didn’t know whether to hold out or move on from Bosch. I guess I’ll try to be patient and keep riding my Turbo X for awhile longer. Please, let us know when they’re available to order.
I appreciate your participation in these forums, Chris. I’ve learned a lot from your comments and appearances in Court’s videos. I’m tempted to buy from you, even though there is an excellent local R&M dealer 20 miles away from me here in California.

Glad to hear this. Thank you for the info. I didn’t know whether to hold out or move on from Bosch. I guess I’ll try to be patient and keep riding my Turbo X for awhile longer. Please, let us know when they’re available to order.
I appreciate your participation in these forums, Chris. I’ve learned a lot from your comments and appearances in Court’s videos. I’m tempted to buy from you, even though there is an excellent local R&M dealer 20 miles away from me here in California.
Will keep you guys posted as soon as I learn more. Keep in mind everything is subject to change.

I think it makes sense to wait if the feature set fits your needs. I also think it's probably best to buy from your local dealer as it could be helpful to have that extra local support. We're greatful to be able to help many people around the country that don't have a local R&M dealer, but we usually recommend you buy local if there is a dealer nearby.

I'm still happy to help however I can though so don't be a stranger.

Based on our most recent info it seems like it will be some time late spring or early summer at the earliest but it's difficult to tell exactly. It really depends on the UL testing and that could change things at any time.

Riese and Müller posted press releases today announcing new Chargers and Superchargers with integrated PowerTube batteries. I've been waiting to order a Charger in the hope that they would be coming out with something just like this for Eurobike. I'd order a Supercharger with the belt drive Rohloff immediately. Unfortunately, they won't be coming to the U.S. I assume this is due to Bosch not supporting the PowerTube batteries here, yet. What a disappointment.View attachment 17566
Propel in Brooklyn has them on their website:

http://propelbikes.com/product/riese-muller-supercharger-mountain-2018/

This was a mistake actually. They won't be in the US until sometime next year. At the moment we're waiting for UL certification for the Bosch Powertube. I hope I'll have good news to share in the coming months, but for now we wait in suspense.

In light of the information provided by Chris, I edited the title of this thread to include the possibility of a mid 2018 release.

After waiting since last November my Supercharger came last week, however my wife's will not be here until the end of the month due to a shortage of batteries we believe. Anyway after several SHORT test rides l am sold it rides well, being well balanced and the gearing of the Nuvinci seems okay. The twin battery pack has yet to recharged l will post a detailed review over the next couple of months when we have Chad extended rides in our part of England.

Please keep us informed about your New Supercharger? Alas, the Supercharger, is not yet available to purchase in the the former colonies/United States.

Chris, Great review of fantastic looking bike.

I was sorely tempted to wait for the supercharger to arrive on this side of the pond. The dual battery option, so nicely integrated into the design and overall look of the bike are so appealing. Clearly, as they always do, R&M is outfitting this bike with the best of everything.

Being age 67, I am still able to swing my leg over the saddle (andl rack bag), but time may be limited on that. I had to think of the future. Thus, my choice was to go for a step through. Future ease of use won out over great aesthetics and two batteries. I'm waiting for my midnight blue R&M Nevo GH Nuninci...two weeks down and probably 4 or 5 more to go (even with expedited air shipping).

Thanks for your review and many great rides on your new steed.

Hope the following clip helps to any answers you may have about the SuperCharger GH NuVinic. If not I will try my best to answer any specific you may have. All the best Chris D

Chris, Great review of fantastic looking bike.

I was sorely tempted to wait for the supercharger to arrive on this side of the pond. The dual battery option, so nicely integrated into the design and overall look of the bike are so appealing. Clearly, as they always do, R&M is outfitting this bike with the best of everything.

Being age 67, I am still able to swing my leg over the saddle (andl rack bag), but time may be limited on that. I had to think of the future. Thus, my choice was to go for a step through. Future ease of use won out over great aesthetics and two batteries. I'm waiting for my midnight blue R&M Nevo GH Nuninci...two weeks down and probably 4 or 5 more to go (even with expedited air shipping).

Thanks for your review and many great rides on your new steed.
Hi, Glad you the liked the review. I am also a Baby Boomer, just a couple of years behind you to quote Jackson Browne. My height is 5ft 11 inch and the bike has a 49 cm frame and seems okay for the leg swing over. In fact at the moment I am in the process of experimenting adjusting the saddle high upwards 1/2 an inch at a time. All the best Chris D

Back