New Bosch PowerPack 800 Promises a Range of 300 km

Aushiker

Region
Australia
City
Walyalup, Western Australia
Bosch can now do this with its fourth frame battery for the Smart System. The new PowerPack 800 has an energy storage capacity of 800 watt hours. This is a whopping 75 watt hours more than the previous front-runner, the Bosch PowerPack 725, increasing the range by around ten per cent. New cells with improved performance are installed inside the newcomer. Unfortunately, Bosch is not revealing which cells these are and what exactly has been improved.

More details at eBike24.com blog.

Whilst not applicable to the Reise and Muller Supercharger 2, the fact that Bosch seems to be focusing its development on the smart system reinforces in my view that Reise and Muller have done a disservice to its customers by sticking to the Bosch eBike System 2 performance Line CX motor. For a premium-priced band, this should not happen.

Last edited:
thats what's cool about bosch they dont lie about range. yo can go and check the range of a setup before buying and its pretty accurate.

R&M doesn't seem like a company to rush into things before they can be sure of availability and usability. I'm not sure that Bosch introduced dual battery compatibility and all the smaller powertube/powerpack sizes in time for R&M to incorporate them into 2024 models. I would be very surprised if they don't move the Supercharger to smart system next year.

The nice thing about the new Powerpacks and the 400wh compactube, they are more powerdense than the powertubes and older powerpacks.

R&M doesn't seem like a company to rush into things before they can be sure of availability and usability. I'm not sure that Bosch introduced dual battery compatibility and all the smaller powertube/powerpack sizes in time for R&M to incorporate them into 2024 models. I would be very surprised if they don't move the Supercharger to smart system next year.

The nice thing about the new Powerpacks and the 400wh compactube, they are more powerdense than the powertubes and older powerpacks.
The smart system was introduced by Bosch in 2021, with some bikes coming out with it at the start of 2022 ...

I would be very surprised if they don't move the Supercharger to smart system next year.
The Charger is already smart. For the SuperCharger or any dual battery bikes the software was not ready until a while ago. Bosch makes it much harder now for dual battery, but it is possible. So it is just a matter of time.

There are other bikes with two 800Wh batteries already, like the Tern Orox

Back