New bike and the sun's out

Tisme

Got my new Haibike sduro allmtn pro Saturday and got out on it today. Smashed my best lap time of 51 mins down to 40. Can't believe I knocked 11 mins off the time. The bike rides so well, I feel like I'm 20 again.
20170327_143459%204_zpsxuosrodr.jpg

Rockshox with EI it gets setting every 0.01 secs from front forks and motor cadence.
20170327_143512%201_zps5g3b5kzn.jpg

Got my new Haibike sduro allmtn pro Saturday and got out on it today. Smashed my best lap time of 51 mins down to 40. Can't believe I knocked 11 mins off the time. The bike rides so well, I feel like I'm 20 again.

Rockshox with EI it gets setting every 0.01 secs from front forks and motor cadence.

Hello Tisme-
I have been praying and saving up a long time to get this bike. I have spent countless hours on this forum researching and found this bike to be my ultimate pick compared to the Bulls MTB and the Spec Levo. I am so happy that I can see someone enjoying this work of art of an ebike! Congrats on your new purchase.
It is an expensive bike, but looks like is is worth every dollar spent. I love the zero cadence Yamaha motor and the EI suspension was the main selling point on this bike hands down. The European RX model also has the EI shock system, however, is unavailable in the US.

What type of riding are you doing and how do you rate this bike in comparison to other ebikes? Does the EI system feel a lot more responsive than traditional shock systems? Any thoughts concerning your new bike experience would be deeply appreciated! Take care and ride safe and have fun! :D:p

Hi Bob
Nows a good time to get one the price here dropped from £4999 to £3350 as the new model is out. Mines a 2016 pro and i think its now called the 8 .
I ride lots of fast single track with a couple of friends thst always turns into a race as well as long distance, 50 miles + with the wife.
The suspension is the best I've ever tried it seems always to be right without changing it. You can see the light change as the shock automaticly changes the settings. The crossride tyres are not as good as I hoped when pushed hard on the surface I was riding on but the no tyre dose all surfaces.
The front rings could be bigger but as I could easily push more speed. Everything else is really nice. It turns very well and the xt brakes feel good.
I'm looking forward to a long summer doing many miles on it. Hope you can get one soon and have as much fun as I am on it.

Hi Bob
Nows a good time to get one the price here dropped from £4999 to £3350 as the new model is out. Mines a 2016 pro and i think its now called the 8 .
I ride lots of fast single track with a couple of friends thst always turns into a race as well as long distance, 50 miles + with the wife.
The suspension is the best I've ever tried it seems always to be right without changing it. You can see the light change as the shock automaticly changes the settings. The crossride tyres are not as good as I hoped when pushed hard on the surface I was riding on but the no tyre dose all surfaces.
The front rings could be bigger but as I could easily push more speed. Everything else is really nice. It turns very well and the xt brakes feel good.
I'm looking forward to a long summer doing many miles on it. Hope you can get one soon and have as much fun as I am on it.

Tisme- Thanks for the info. Yes ,I am seeing the same price point here now for that bike here in the US. Looks like the 8.0 does not have the EI suspension. I have not seen any other mfgs using that suspension and is a great selling point for any bike IMHO. I am also considering the SL model with the possibility of having EI installed by my LBS as an alternative. I thought it could possibly be retrofitted using the Rock Shox systems. Have a great summer with you and your mates!

Not many manufacturers took up the EI sus, Lapierre had two bikes out with it when it first came out but the had problems with the computer. The Haibike one is the mk2 and I've not seen or heard of anything going wrong.
I think it's a shame more don't use it but people are scared of technology.

Not many manufacturers took up the EI sus, Lapierre had two bikes out with it when it first came out but the had problems with the computer. The Haibike one is the mk2 and I've not seen or heard of anything going wrong.
I think it's a shame more don't use it but people are scared of technology.

Tisme-

I am not familiar with any Haibikes in the 'mk2 series.' Perhaps it is there in the UK? I do know the European Sduro RX model also uses EI suspension, however, that is only available in Europe. Is the speed limiter set to 15 mph on your bike, or have you used a speed dongle? No need to be scared of tech with these bike IMHO. ;)

Sorry I didn't explain very well it's the rockshox ei that's got a mk2. Yes restricted to 15mph but yes dongles are easy to get. I tried one on my last bike but the speedo reads 50% of the speed so looking for another.

Sorry I didn't explain very well it's the rockshox ei that's got a mk2. Yes restricted to 15mph but yes dongles are easy to get. I tried one on my last bike but the speedo reads 50% of the speed so looking for another.

Yes the brains are in the motor and not in the head unit, so somehow the dongle is causing the mis-read. Perhaps your LBS can find one that is compatible with the Yamaha system. I have read that if you do not want to kill the warranty for a service issue, remove the dongle before hand. Apparently the system does not have memory of a dongle being present. Just a FYI. Safe riding.

Back