Neo Carbon Review

Sure thing Dave, for the price the lights can't be beat and I've used mine for ages with no issues.

I braved the 28' temps and rode my bike to work. I'm afraid to report that I still experienced unintended acceleration towards the end of my commute. I would stop pedaling and it would keep going. The most disconcerting part is that I would brake and it would stop, but once I released the brakes the motor kicked back in and the bike went forward. Any suggestions?

Hi Amir,

My Jumper was shipped today :) but based on what I have read on Endless-sphere from other BH customers, it could be because the wiring that controls the motor/pedal assist system might be loose. There are several wires that run from the handlebar to torque-sensor, brakes, and the motor. There are certain trouble shooting videos available on Easy Motion thread here.

I remember one customer had a problem with the bearing on Neo City and Len was able to replace the whole wheel. As Dave mentioned, call him or Henry and they should be able to assist you. Also, keep us posted so that we can look for these gremlins when we receive our bikes.

Last edited:
I looked at the videos Ravi posted and they are very helpful. It is still very hard to tell what is causing the problem. If I were to guess, I would say torque sensor or controller issue, with the former being my number one. I talked to Len at length about the wheel bearing issue and they were all re-called from his shop and cleaned out a while ago. I am sure as more & more of us buy these bikes, issues are going to pop up, and we will be able to help each other out a little better. Ravi, great to hear your Jumper is on the way!

I believe the symtoms for the bad wheel bearing were a fairly loud clicking sound. I don't believe it caused an electrical problem, but it's a good idea to check it out.

Thanks everyone. I reached out to Len's tech guy, Mark, and he thinks it may be the torque sensor (Dave wins!). He is going to send me instructions on how to adjust it once he gets to the shop (he emailed me at 1:30Am last night, talk about service).

I will keep all of you posted. And for the record I'm still loving the bike and for some reason these little quirks aren't bothering me that much, which is strange because it's typically the type of thing that would drive me crazy. I think it helps having this group to share it all with.

Magmir, I added some torque sensor details to this http://electricbikereview.com/commu...ontroller-sensor-bearing-etc-maintenance.101/ thread earlier on today. :)

When my rear wheel bearing failed after approx. 100miles, it showed itself by creating an intermittent clonking type noise that I can't locate. It made the noise both when pedalling or free wheeling, but was a job to locate, as it didn't seem to be coming from the back wheel area.

Last edited:
Thanks Eddie, that picture was great help. From what I've read it seems like I may need to slightly loosen the sensor and now I know exactly where to find it. That said, I've been asked to hold off on doing anything until EM tech support responds to us (myself and Lens' shop).

I just got off the phone with Mark from Lens. He talked to the EM people and as suspected the fault was likely a slightly over tightened torque sensor (slightly because the problem is so intermittent, in fact it didn't happen on today's ride). I loosed it about 1/12th of a turn and will see how that works.

Mark also sent me a great file on all the various potential faults our Easy Motion electric bikes can have and a flow chart on how to fix them. It was a PowerPoint but I've converted it to PDF and attached here to make it available to everyone.

While stopped at a red light today a car in the lane next to me stopped (leaving a 3-4 car gap in front of it) and the little girl in the passenger seat asked if it was an electric bike. Then the dad said "I told her" and asked me a few questions before the light turned green.

Attachments

• easy-motion-electric-bike-diagnostic-flows.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 858
Hi guys. I also bought a Carbon from Len's back in November. They seem like a bunch of nice guys. I haven't really used it yet. There's lots of snow on the ground here. Can't wait for spring to roll around. Here's another review if you guys didn't see it but the bike doesn't have front shocks

Hi Steve,
Great to have another Carbon owner on the forum. I just received mine yesterday and the weather is just not cooperating here in NY. I am hoping to get it out for a test ride in the next day or two, can't wait.

Great review, I saw that one right before I placed my order with Len. If the Carbon rides half as good as it looks I will be a happy camper. We will have to compare notes after we get a chance to really ride these guys.

Thanks steve, and welcome to the forums! I've seen that review as well, really enjoyed it, and did notice the solid fork. It's interesting that some Neo Carbon's do have a suspension fork and others do not. I'm not sure if it's based on country or an upgrade or just a standard option. I'll ask the Easy Motion reps the next time I get a chance or maybe they will chime in here :)

[edit] According to the BH reps "There are a few slight differences with the U.S. and Spain and Australia. There are both carbon and suspension fork designs but the option did not cost more."

Last edited:
maybe the roads are better there.i know in my town they arent lol.and i thought since the cross was the best selling bike,might as well make it after that.speaking of the cross i think the forks on it are aluminum no oil dampening and the carbon has magnesium with oil dampening and lighter .one little mod i did was put a big zip tie around the throttle so this way it gives your thumb something to push on.like a thumb throttle.

ebike-twist-throttle-turned-thumb-throttle-zip-tie.jpg

I just came across an Australian review of the BH Emotion Neo Carbon which may be of interest. At leasts adds another take on the bike. The review is by Ebike Reviews. There is a video as well.

One aspect that I noted was that with the 9Ah battery the tester reported that he only got 40 km (25 miles) range out the battery. I understand that they test the bikes on a standard route and that they keep the bike

as close to it’s maximum assisted speed as much as possible, assuring the bike is giving assistance during the duration of the range test. The maximum assisted speed varies from bike to bike, and this is noted in each review.

so that may not reflect normal use but I am interested what sort of milage others are experiencing.

On the positive side the assist stay in to 30 km/h (18 mph).

Andrew

i put a little wider tires on.i still have to play with the air pressure.it takes the train tracks now no problems.

View attachment 1013
Nice Steve, which size tires did you get? Can you read the info on the side because a few people were asking about how large the tires can be for Easy Motion bikes and still fit. They look great and I'm glad they feel better... That makes a big difference when riding at higher speeds :)

i went with the resist nomad 700x45.they are cheap but the reviews liked them for the price.they go on super easy.thought maybe to easy.but there holding out.people use them in gravel etc.think they look bigger than what they look in the pic.they look really nice on the bike. would like to try big apples also.

Attachments

• IMGP0375.JPG
    IMGP0375.JPG
    396.4 KB · Views: 365
Back