Neo Carbon Review

I emailed the shop I bought the bike from and received a reply within the hour. Here is what they said:

"Both issues may be related to loose dash mount connections. Check for tightness just few inches from the module mount on handle bars. There are round metal tension rings (2) that pull each of the 2 plug connections tight together. Check these for proper connection and tightness as a minor looseness can cause signals to control box to be erratic."

I went and checked and sure enough the throttle connection was super loose! I'm not sure about the LCD connection as that's the first one I started fiddling with and initially didn't know exactly what I was doing. In any event, based on the response I was given and how loose the connection was I'm optimistic that the problem has been solved. It will be raining the next few days so it'll unfortunately be a while until I can confirm everything is okay.

Dave, thanks for the link! There are some useful guides in there.

Hi Amir,
Glad that it looks optimistic. I relayed it back to the National Sales Manager.

Before I bought my Neo Jumper, I was in touch with the Easy Motion National Sales Manager (David Evans) for East Coast and I have requested him to answer these questions here.
Interesting to note that he was the National Sales Manager for Pedego before he joined Easy Motion. He is someone with lot of experience in the Ebike industry and he was very helpful in answering my questions.
Here is his Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-evans-613abb2a/ if you wish to connect to him.

Cheers

Hello All,

I am embarrassed to say that I had no idea this forum was in existence. Thank you Ravi for making me aware of it!

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for you input and Easy Motion product enthusiasm. We at Easy Motion USA strive to give our customers not only the best product in the industry but to also offer the best after sale service. We will work closely with our authorized Easy Motion dealers to make sure you are satisfied for many years to come!

Magmir - It sounds as though you have your answer to the issue with your Carbon. Your dealer is right on the money with their suggestion to make sure all fitting are tight. Please keep me posted.

Again, thank you so much for your business!
David Evans - Eastern Regional Sales Manager - Easy Motion USA

Awesome to see this resolved, great job Magmir, thanks for sharing the solution. Also great to see you here David! The forum is actually fairly new to EBR but proving useful for resolving issues like this and making new friends or finding out where to get bikes etc.

I met John when I visited the Easy Motion campus and work with Julie regularly since you guys are a sponsor here (which I appreciate!) I wonder if you and I met at Interbike or elsewhere? In any case, reach out anytime and thanks again :)

Yes, I am pretty sure you met David at Interbike 2012. :)
He was interviewed by Pete from Elec Bike Report:

Last edited:
Dealers not checking the tightness at the console end doesn't seem to be that uncommon, and indeed I had exactly the same issue with my Xtrem the very first time that I rode it. Part of the issue is that the two metal/chrome connecting sections can be tightened against each other without the connecting block being pushed fully home. The unit will work okay and seem tight, then suddenly it isn't. Both the manufacturer and dealer should be educated to this fact, and ensure that bikes don't leave the factory or showroom without this first being properly checked.

One other point in relation to the console that is worthy of note. The plastic used for the mount is quite brittle, and as the handle bars are tapered and narrow, there can be a tendency for the mount to be unevenly tightened, which will put a hairline crack in the plastic mount. This gets bigger over time until the bracket snaps. I've seen several cases of this, including my own. Having said that, the console itself on my bike also has a hairline crack in it which has been caused by the security retaining screw that stops the console from being removed.

A handy hint if you intend to leave the console on permanently and ride in wet conditions, is to add a small covering of silicon sealant around the joint between the console and mount. This will prevent water from penetrating between the two, which again is something that I have found out by experience after the console started to produce random fault codes. Upon removal, it contained water.

The console is one of the aspects that I don't like on the Xtrem. It is just too vulnerable to damage.

02f01292322f02049f13c2cea81ec3a4.jpg

It would certainly be nice if the UK division of BH took its customers' concern's as seriously as the US division does. And credit to you David for contributing to the thread. :)

And props to you Eddie for the amazingly informed and well written posts here! You are expert class Sir and just seeing that picture, hearing about the potential cracks and the silicon solution... just wow :cool:

Many thanks for the kind words Court. :)

I have just remembered something else about the console mount and breakages.

If you take a look at the photo below, you will see that two sides have snapped off.

Something else that is worth any prospective NEO purchaser checking, is the two captive frame nuts that are used for when attaching a rack, they can spin within the frame when trying to tighten an allen key bolt in them.. Obviously this is not something desirable.

console mount with broken sides..jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... Good tip Eddie, sounds like what you're saying is that the braze ons in the rear seat stays where you attach the rack can get stripped if over tightened? Appreciate the heads up ;)

It's worth checking them before the bike leaves the shop. Mine were both stripped from new. :(

I just want to ride this bike. The roads are covered in snow and ice but that didn't stop me. I rode my mtn bike around earlier and had plenty of traction, but when my wife ran out of wine and said she wanted more I knew I was taking the carbon out. I slid the entire time but had sooo much fun. I only used throttle the ~ 1 mile round trip while I kept flopping side to side trying to keep the bike under control (meanwhile thinking about how well Ravi will have it with his jumper!). The last pic is a fairly busy/large street.

easy-motion-neo-carbon-in-snow.jpg ebike-at-gas-station-errand.jpg electric-bike-night-ride-snow.jpg

I agree, Amir...!
Its like addiction, that moment when the motor kicks in = high feeling in my brain....!!
I just couldn't stop thinking about bikes after test riding some of the high-quality ones.

Too bad that the roads are covered with snow but come March, it will be a whole new way of commuting for many of us on this forum.
When i receive my Jumper, I will celebrate a special valentine's day like this.

Magmir!

Your an animal!! I love the need for some snow cruising! Have fun.... keep it slow in the snow!

I agree, Amir...!
Its like addiction, that moment when the motor kicks in = high feeling in my brain....!!
I just couldn't stop thinking about bikes after test riding some of the high-quality ones.

Too bad that the roads are covered with snow but come March, it will be a whole new way of commuting for many of us on this forum.
When i receive my Jumper, I will celebrate a special valentine's day like this.

Haha Rav.... that's a hilarious montage of weird bike love!

Dave,

I have several of these lights in red and white for all my bikes. I can't get over how cheap they are and how they can afford to ship the light all the way from a China for that price.

[edit] Did a search for "Bicycle Waterproof Silicone Light" on Amazon and got lots of different colors and stuff vs. the link to the single light (original link was for the $1.42 light).

silicone-led-bicycle-light.jpg

Sure thing Dave, for the price the lights can't be beat and I've used mine for ages with no issues.

I braved the 28' temps and rode my bike to work. I'm afraid to report that I still experienced unintended acceleration towards the end of my commute. I would stop pedaling and it would keep going. The most disconcerting part is that I would brake and it would stop, but once I released the brakes the motor kicked back in and the bike went forward. Any suggestions?

Magmir,
I would call Len and let him know what's going on, if you have not already. I mentioned you were having problems when I ordered my bike, and he was concerned. I have no doubt he will jump on the problem, and fix it one way or the other. He seems very interested in keeping his customers happy and satisfied. This is such new technology to most of us, so not to0 much expierence trouble shooting yet, although I'm sure we will learn.

Back