Need advice for Ebike order

If you are comfortable with speed I would definitely recommend getting the 7s version of Allant. I originally bought a bike with a limit of 19 mile per hour. I love the bike but in hindsight would love to of had the allant 8s since the beginning

If you are comfortable with speed I would definitely recommend getting the 7s version of Allant. I originally bought a bike with a limit of 19 mile per hour. I love the bike but in hindsight would love to of had the allant 8s since the beginning
I go plenty fast enough with a class one. I went plenty fast in/on plenty of vehicles with more protection in the past but my body is more fragile these days.😉

I’m glad you chose the +7 as I think it’s a great ebike, at least for me.😎
There are so many factors (cost, support, fit, etc.) in choosing an investment this expensive. And It’s always hard to know what different people will like vs other bikes.

I'm glad to announce that I have ordered and received today the Trek Allan+ 7
So nice and powerful.
thanks for your advices, I really appreciate

my very first post
1. Did it come with an adjustable stem?
2. Does it allow walk mode? the Verve+3 review says Trek does not permit walk mode and the Allant +7 says that it does. My local Trek dealer found an Allant that he is bringing in for me to try. Loved the Verve test ride, but at 250 and 6 fit 3 and older than I care to admit, I feel that the posts here tend to lean toward the extra 600.00 being worth it. Am needing low step due to hip issues. Would have already purchased, but we can’t find a medium size for my wife. ordered, but 3 months at least till here.

1. Did it come with an adjustable stem?
2. Does it allow walk mode? the Verve+3 review says Trek does not permit walk mode and the Allant +7 says that it does. My local Trek dealer found an Allant that he is bringing in for me to try. Loved the Verve test ride, but at 250 and 6 fit 3 and older than I care to admit, I feel that the posts here tend to lean toward the extra 600.00 being worth it. Am needing low step due to hip issues. Would have already purchased, but we can’t find a medium size for my wife. ordered, but 3 months at least till here.
The +7 does not come with an adjustable stem but you can retrofit. My wife’s Lowstep version came with the normal stem and our LBS found a Bontrager adjustable that I could not see when I looked around online.
07B4E9BF-E40E-46D4-AF57-D5EC5773E1B6.jpeg

BTW, the +7 DOES come with Walk mode.

The +7 does not come with an adjustable stem
Just a point of clarification: This is true for the US market that the Allant+ 7 ( as well as all other Allant+ models) does not come with an adjustable stem.

I do note, however, that in the UK market the Allant+7 comes stock with an adjustable stem:

Note in the specs of the UK site:

Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm clamp, adjustable rise, Blendr-compatible

AllantPlus7_20_30463_A_Alt4

Just a point of clarification: This is true for the US market that the Allant+ 7 ( as well as all other Allant+ models) does not come with an adjustable stem.

I do note, however, that in the UK market the Allant+7 comes stock with an adjustable stem:

Note in the specs of the UK site:

AllantPlus7_20_30463_A_Alt4
Hmm...makes me wonder why Trek USA doesn’t at least offer it as an option.🤔
Of course, my main beef with Trek USA is the complete lack of options.

The +7 does not come with an adjustable stem but you can retrofit. My wife’s Lowstep version came with the normal stem and our LBS found a Bontrager adjustable that I could not see when I looked around online.
View attachment 70172
BTW, the +7 DOES come with Walk mode.
looks Just perfect. They said bike should be here in a week or so.

Actually my Allant+7 s came with an adjustable stem .
Interesting. My Allant+7s came with the fixed stem that is shown on the US Allant website:

AllantPlus7SUS_20_31929_A_Alt9

I also saw about 15 other Allants (various models) in three separate US bike shops (but all in Pacific Northwest) and all had fixed stems. The 9.9s has a different fixed stem with integrated cables. But none were adjustable. I wonder if Trek builds different models in a regional market.

I'm sure they do. Specialized builds different bikes for different world regions, for instance. Same with Giant.
Agreed, they definitely have different builds for different global regions. But I was referring to different regions within USA since @rdowns and I are both in the US, but have different stems offered stock on the same bike.

I wonder if Trek builds different models in a regional market.
Or if the LBS requests them that way? When I was in the decision making phase, that was one of the pros for the allant, the adjustable stem. The dealer said it would allow me to have a choice of riding positions. however, in order to get any more height I would have to have the brake cable changed, there is no slack left. Except that my hands go a little numb, the riding position is near perfect for me.

Or if the LBS requests them that way? When I was in the decision making phase, that was one of the pros for the allant, the adjustable stem. The dealer said it would allow me to have a choice of riding positions. however, in order to get any more height I would have to have the brake cable changed, there is no slack left. Except that my hands go a little numb, the riding position is near perfect for me.
We were given a similar warning about the brake cable length but wifey says the adjusted height is perfect and she had absolutely no hand numbness. And that was on a cold day with lots of wind so she was NOT wearing gloves. That was for an 11 mile ride for her first time on that bike on a challenging trail.

I wonder if Trek builds different models in a regional market.

We were given a similar warning about the brake cable length but wifey says the adjusted height is perfect and she had absolutely no hand numbness. And that was on a cold Nice, My hands don't have any numbness until several miles in. I rode 23 miles today and I was about 17 miles in when I first noticed I felt a little.

Congratulations on your decision and new purchase Sam - good health to enjoy, i'm sure you'll be very happy with the Trek

Back