Need advice for Ebike order

sam7777

Region
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm new on this forum.
i considering to order an electric bike.
and I'm hesitating between these bikes :
- Trek Verve+ 3 : https://www.primeauvelo.com/fr/verve-3-velo-a-assistance-electrique-112822-0027278.html
- Vado 4.0 - 2020 : https://www.cycleneron.com/fc/20-vado-40.html?id=32709339
- Trek Allant+ 7 : https://www.trekbikes.com/ca/fr_CA/...s/allant/allant-7/p/30918/?colorCode=bluedark

I don't which one would I chose. any advice ?
I'm also open to any other proposition.
thanks
There’s a lot of threads/posts here about these bikes. Search is your friend!

Assuming you have test ridden each, get what is most comfortable. If you have not ridden any of them, toss a coin. One thing to keep in mind, it is just a bike. If you have not ridden much, and do not envision becoming anything more than a recreational cyclist, "which is best" is next to meaningless. Each one is more bike than you "need." But if you are thinking about commuting or something else, well, you need to tell us more if we are to guide you.

Hi Sam

Welcome to the board. We have several experts on the boards that are very familiar with the 3 bikes you are looking at and will chime in and offer their opinions. In the meantime, go to the respective forums of each bike and you can get feedback from real users. I'm pretty sure the 3 you mention are sold in local bike shops and you should be able to test drive if they have any in stock. Good luck on your quest!

Hi Sam

Welcome to the board. We have several experts on the boards that are very familiar with the 3 bikes you are looking at and will chime in and offer their opinions. In the meantime, go to the respective forums of each bike and you can get feedback from real users. I'm pretty sure the 3 you mention are sold in local bike shops and you should be able to test drive if they have any in stock. Good luck on your quest!
Thank you so much. I will follow your advice

Very few folks here have ridden all three of those ebikes.
I’ve owned an Allant+7 since May, have over 850 miles on it and love the bike a bunch. Ive posted many times and certainly won’t repeat it all here so doing a search makes the most sense.

These were my top 3. I eliminated the Verve+ right away because I felt I needed a more powerful motor and aggressive position for the gravel roads I primarily ride. I was back and forth between the Vado and the Allant+.
In the end I went with the Trek. I probably would have been equally happy with the Vado and it had a couple of features I desperately wanted. I chose the Trek because it fit me near perfectly. It has been rock solid and a joy to ride. As a matter of fact I haven't been able to ride the last week due to inclement weather and I have been pretty unhappy about it.
Just as a detail my Allant+ is the 7s version. I have 2 cons for the bike compared to the Vado. The motor is noisier than the Brose. It is very smooth and strong, just noisier. However, the Brose clicks when you coast and that drove me a little crazy on test rides. YMMV. Second con is the display. It is simple and easy to read but I would have much preferred the Mission Control app and display on the Specialized. However, it sounds like that will be an option for Trek ebikes soon.
I would recommend that if you like to ride an "acoustic" bike you will LOVE an electric bike. Buy up if you can. Every time I ride I think " I Love this bike!"
One other thing. Both of my LBS were great. However, if that is not true for you then definitely choose based on the shop. In the event of an issue you will be grateful to have a good shop to work with.

In favor of Trek
The Bosch motor is well respected and has a huge company to back it for support. The same could be said of trek. They are trained to work on Bosch motors specifically at my LBS. I also like how the battery removes and is easy to carry on the Trek ebikes with their rib system. The slightly wider tire contributes to the stable ride. There are 4 PAS levels on trek and 3 on the specialized.

Here is a relevant thread that you may wish to review. It compares the Specialized Vado and the Trek Allant:

Between the two Treks you list it is noteworthy that the Allant has a considerably more powerful motor than the Verve. The price reflects this of course. This doesn't mean that one is necessarily better than another; only that they are different and ride differently for different people or use cases. As someone else already mentioned, it really comes down to what you would like to get out of the bike and what you intend to use it for.

I have a Specialized mountain bike, but when it came to the electric, I went with Trek. Primarily due to the Bosch motor. I first had a Supercommuter 8+, but now am riding am riding the Allant+ 9.9S. The motor has had the firmware upgraded so it produced 85Nm of torque, and it is fun. I rode the Vado a few years ago, so really cannot compare for you. The links seem to point to the Trek Canada site, so I assume you are looking at the non-S versions since the class 3 is not sold in Canada. Bummer because the S versions are fun and fast.

There are 4 PAS levels on trek and 3 on the specialized.
Not that I disagree with you on most of the points but Vado has unlimited number of PAS modes split into 3 presets and Smart Control (auto mode) because of Mission Control 😊

Not that I disagree with you on most of the points but Vado has unlimited number of PAS modes split into 3 presets and Smart Control (auto mode) because of Mission Control 😊
Yes, of course you are right when you use mission control. I did not get to experiment with it. I could definitely see the usefulness of it however and it was a major plus for the Specialized. Trek is adding an upgrade option that should be similar, I hope it works as well .

Trek Allante - Dutch bike of the year 2020.
I almost bought one but couldn’t get my preferred frame size for a few months so went elsewhere. My LBS had a medium frame and I did like the riding position. Their display model, perhaps UK spec? , had an adjustable stem so less aggressive riding style. I’ve seen plenty with fixed angle stem so you need to look at your local market spec. It’s quite a chunky bike, beefier tyres and overall solid feel. The 47c tyres are well suited for most riders and the 500wh battery is plenty for most users.

ive no experience of the Verve+ or the Vado but the latter has lots of fans on here doing plenty of miles in most weather conditions.

your decision might be as much dictated by what you can source or test ride, stock hasn’t been great in the last few months on most things cycling.

I bought the Giant Fastroad E EX Pro, and despite the comparatively small the 375wh battery I appear to have a range of ca 60 miles using eco assist mode

solid feel. The 47c tyres are well suited for most riders and the 500wh battery is plenty for most users.
That is my impression as well.
I agree that what is easily available may dictate your final choice. I would have definitely considered a Giant bike if their had been one available to test. It's both a blessing and a curse to have choices however, haha.
I'm super happy with my Allant. I do have the s version and I love the stagger frame. It's exceptionally stable.

Back