My Hydra has Arrived!

BRO, how about just on flat ground? Max speed. Oh myg that's too fast. lol.
Did some riding with it today. On level ground you can cruise at about 25mph with the Kindernay in the lowest gear in Eco 1 mode with very little pedaling effort. Put a bit more effort into it and you can get to 30 fairly easy and in low Eco mode. I went with the 1000W X1 because I thought 2300 would be overkill and based on my very limited experience so far I really think I was right. I haven't even put it in sport mode yet and the high gears on a climb with the motor assist I've experienced so far I feel like, for me, 1000W was the right choice especially knowing I could upgrade if I wanted to down the road.

I purchased this for trail and mountain riding so hitting 30mph or more isn't a big deal to me for the riding I want to do with this. I'd go with a completely different bike if that's what I wanted to focus on, but it's nice to know it's there if you need it.

Did some riding with it today. On level ground you can cruise at about 25mph with the Kindernay in the lowest gear in Eco 1 mode with very little pedaling effort. Put a bit more effort into it and you can get to 30 fairly easy and in low Eco mode. I went with the 1000W X1 because I thought 2300 would be overkill and based on my very limited experience so far I really think I was right. I haven't even put it in sport mode yet and the high gears on a climb with the motor assist I've experienced so far I feel like, for me, 1000W was the right choice especially knowing I could upgrade if I wanted to down the road.

I purchased this for trail and mountain riding so hitting 30mph or more isn't a big deal to me for the riding I want to do with this. I'd go with a completely different bike if that's what I wanted to focus on, but it's nice to know it's there if you need it.
Wow you got to 30mph in eco mode, so this has no problem reaching 35mph max right? Ok. Looks good to me. Also, how long did this take to ship?

Wow you got to 30mph in eco mode, so this has no problem reaching 35mph max right? Ok. Looks good to me. Also, how long did this take to ship?
After it was shipped it only took a few days to Kansas City. Speed is a function of the gearing so if you’re trying to hit a certain speed with a mountain bike just talk to Pushkar about the right gears to order.

@BruceBrown
You said above, " On level ground you can cruise at about 25mph with the Kindernay in the lowest gear in Eco 1 mode with very little pedaling effort."

Don't you mean the *highest* gear? I'm confused.

@BruceBrown
You said above, " On level ground you can cruise at about 25mph with the Kindernay in the lowest gear in Eco 1 mode with very little pedaling effort."

Don't you mean the *highest* gear? I'm confused.
Yes, you are correct. I'm talking in terms of where the chain would be on a sprocket for the hardest pedaling effort which is in the lowest position, but in technical terms that is the highest gear.

Also I want to add that I weighed my bike. Caveat is that I used a digital bathroom scale to do it so this isn't going to be exact. I took several different measurements holding the bike vertical on the rear wheel as well as sitting on jut the rear wheel and the front wheel and adding those figures together. Including the battery, my build is coming in at about 66-67 lbs.

A few other things I didn't add when I mentioned my build at the beginning of this thread is that I ended up with the Stamp 3 pedals because the 7's I'd spec'd out only came in red. I also have the armor in my tires. I don't have any lights and I have the Manitou Jack dropper. I also have the WW aluminum cranks. If I'd have gone all carbon, I'm curious how much weight I'd have saved - maybe 2lbs?

66 pounds is a little heavier than the estimated 58 pounds which I thought was little optimistic. You do have the Kindernay which I think adds 1lb? And the Tannus Armor is another 3/4lbs each tire. One of mine is like yours except with a cassette and the other has the Kindernay and carbon rims so probably 64 pounds. Pushkar, could you please chime in on this and let us know what is the lightest way to spec these.

Last edited:
@ecotrichammer I know you said elsewhere the specs of a Hydra you were about ready to order so hope this doesn't foul you up but with your focus on MPH you may enjoy this short thread.

Got Reports? Reviews?
👍
👍

That's great, then mine with fat tires should be near the 70s in lbs. Still debating on kindernay, carbon belt, or the default 11 gear.

Very minor and easy assembly required. There are no instructions of any kind however so hopefully everyone has some basic tools.
Interesting, mine was completely assembled except for the pedals and the handlebars. I did have to cut the steerer to my liking but Pushkar said that was going to be the case so I was prepared.

Interesting, mine was completely assembled except for the pedals and the handlebars. I did have to cut the steerer to my liking but Pushkar said that was going to be the case so I was prepared.
I'm guessing that may have something to do with your proximity to Pushkar's shop. Did it come by FedEx?

You getting any ride time in? :)

Back