My first ebike, E3 Path, customizations project

ebikey

Hello, newbie here to the bicycles and e-bikes world, and my first post. I recently got a IZIP E3 Path (the 2013 model I think), loving it so far. I got some Basil attachable panniers for it... only to discover the rack rails that house the battery get in the way of using the hooks in the panniers... nothing some drilling/dremmeling couldn't fix. Then added an Avenir rack-top bag, which fits perfectly.

Then decided I wanted to mount a wireless turn signal pod, but since I have the rack-top bag on top of the rack as well, the normal mounting bracket for the seat post would not do. After trying to figure out how to go about it, realized that I could actually use the space where the battery has a reflector placed.

This is happening as I write this, meaning the wireless pod is in transit. Will post pics of the whole process and the final product, in case somebody wants to do something similar.

Also figured I need to move the reflector from its current position, but using that reflector would imply having to remove the fender to mount it, which would require removing the back wheel, so figured too much effort. Instead, ordered this, which hopefully will fit well in the fender without having to remove it to mount it:

http://www.ebay.com

I'm also getting an Airzound horn and got a rear view mirror for it, will also post pics of those.

Hopefully everything will be in place by the end of this week.

Hi,
I also just got a 2013 E3 path, and enjoy it very much. I did have to drill some in holes in the rack
to fit my new bags. One thing you might want to do is make sure all the spokes are tightened to the
correct specs! After 1 month of riding my bike around, I noticed spokes were breaking and loose.
Now I have to have all the spokes replaced on a new bike. Curry did send me the spokes, but I will have to pay all the labor.
Good luck
Mark

Hi,
I also just got a 2013 E3 path, and enjoy it very much. I did have to drill some in holes in the rack
to fit my new bags. One thing you might want to do is make sure all the spokes are tightened to the
correct specs! After 1 month of riding my bike around, I noticed spokes were breaking and loose.
Now I have to have all the spokes replaced on a new bike. Curry did send me the spokes, but I will have to pay all the labor.
Good luck
Mark

Hub motor puts out 2-4 times your power by twisting the wheel BY THE SPOKES. And it also supports the weight of the motor by those same spokes.
The same spokes that support your body weight and absorb some of the impacts when we hit things.
Get USED to checking your spokes and getting that wheel checked and trued regularly. (every year)

Last edited:
Back