My 2015 EVO Street Has Arrived!

Not brave at all, just annoyed I have a new eBike and shoulder pain. My hands were also getting numb, even with the wearing of padded gloves. Clearly I need to work on my geometry.

adhesive capsulitis

I also had this - my physical therapist told me I could work like the devil but it mainly takes time to clear up. That turned out to be true and after about a year I had virtually all of my range of motion back.

hands were also getting numb

I have this issue as well, and I don't know about you, but in my case I think it has something to do with getting older... :)

Today's ride: 18.5 mi

mybikeMay2015.jpg
StoppingPointReedyCreek.jpg
BlackCreekAtReedyCreeksmaller.jpg

elevation_profile

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 6.57.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 6.57.59 PM.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Total additions to my bike that can be found in the picture above:

1. new pedals (Wellgo MG-1)
2. Suntour NCX-12 Suspension seat post
3. ORP horn
4. cell phone holder (big enough to hold my Samsung Note III)
5. water bottle bracket & cage on handlebars

Nice new avatar pic. #2 pic of the rear, is it just an optical illusion or does your rear rack need to be centered and tightened?

I used my ORP horn 1 time today and (LOL) the person didn't react because they likely had no clue what they were hearing. It was an older gent so maybe he didn't really hear it; I used the softer beep of the 2 and only for a second. I also screamed "ON YOUR LEFT," which is what I always do anyway.

Hill Climbing:

I was riding up a 6% grade hill for about 1/3 mile last weekend and I must say it felt like the bike was struggling. I put the PAS on the highest level (Boost). I had plenty of battery power left (over 1/3 of the battery), and I was pedaling actively. I played around with the gears. Could not get the bike to go above 8 mph. Now to be fair, I would not be able to ride up such a hill at all on my own power.

Is this normal/typical speed for a 350 watt geared motor on a 6% hill? Just trying to calibrate my expectations.

In PAS, torque sensor, it will be held back by the rider's pedaling strength. PAS is a multiplier, as you know. How about gunning the throttle 100% and pedaling along?

Just pulled the trigger and ordered a Brooks B17 S Saddle in Antique Brown. (and a tin of proofride, natch) What can I say...my tushy deserves the best!

Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 11.22.20 PM.jpg

14.2 mile ride today and it sure is good I got range anxiety and brought the bike home when I did...

I was planning to ride a specific route today that someone else had shared. However, I already had 18.5 miles on the battery from last week's ride so I wasn't sure if I could make the whole route.

I turned off PAS altogether a few times to try and save battery and I got that feeling like I should turn back, as I was down to less than 2 bars and still had 7 mi to go.

As I turned onto my street, still about 1/8 mi. away from my house, with no flashing battery warning at all, the whole thing shut off. That was it, battery said "no more!" So my current range on my EVO Street, with a mixture of all kinds of modes including some Boost, is right around 30 mi. total on one charge. I also noticed that as the battery got lower, the PAS was weaker, which then forced me to push up the assist to the next level or so, which then only wears the battery down faster.

No likey range anxiety. I can see where having a 2nd battery would be a very prudent thing to do.

Thanks for that, J.R. My order is in the "processing and no final changes can be made" stage, so I can't cancel it at this point. I'll just have to be patient. Also, the site you marked doesn't have the color I want in the NON-imperial B17 Womens saddle. I specifically wanted the dark antique brown and they only have honey & black.

No likey range anxiety. I can see where having a 2nd battery would be a very prudent thing to do.

I am sure many will disagree with my POV...but
Charge that battery everytime you use it. It should be good for at least 1000 cycles. You should not have range anxiety...this could prevent you from riding farther at times when you are on a partial charge! If the battery life is shortened a couple of hundred cycles...so what, you got to ride as far as you wanted. The entire bicycle is the cheap part of this life experience.

Anyway how I love to hear your stories...Charge and Ride.

@grench, from now on I will, but I wanted to do 3 deep charges (as advised by a few folks here) just to get this new battery fully calibrated.

From now on, I will recharge the battery after each ride. Note my eBike will still will only go 30 miles on one battery charge though, so that's the total maximum length of any ride I can do without stopping and then charging for the next 4 - 6 hours. If I wanted to go a longer distance than 30, then I'd either need a 2nd battery or I'd need to ride with no pedal assist a greater part of the time than I can do now.

Back