My 2015 EVO Street Has Arrived!

Hi Mike-
I just posted a question to Stevenast. Perhaps you can give a comment or suggestion as well? Thanks in advance!
Bob,
I find the screw type connection holding the cable running from the display is a problem for me even when screwed in well.
My solution was accidentally discovered after many other attempts. I keep the connection in a vertical position now, because it is against a bright headlight I've mounted on my front handle bar. The vertical position with the natural curve of the cable seems to keep enough compression on the connection to keep it working. When I do get an error 13 often grabbing the connection while pedaling is enough to restore communication. I did try multiple other solutions (taping the connection, complete replacement of the down tube wire, replace display female connection, ...). About the only solution I didn't try was dielectric grease in the connection. If anyone tries that I'd like to hear the result.

Of course other issues can result in an error 13. This is just I how happened to solve my problem.

Good luck.
Mike

Hey Ravi,

I read the manual line by line and there is no mention that the user should drain the battery down to 20% and back to 100% at all, let alone for the first 3 charges. Further, the manual doesn't say anything about it taking 3-4 charge cycles to see what the real range will be.

Can you please show me where and what manual this information is contained in? Because it's not in the one I received with my Evo Street, which btw, is an older manual. This is an important instruction and I'm concerned that it's not contained in the manual I received

So now I'm confused. Should I drain the battery down to 20% and then charge it back to 100% 3 times or not?

The manual I received is not up-to-date. I registered my bike online and included that in my comments. There's no excuse not to have an up-to-date manual for the cost of these eBikes. (Undercover/Nate, perhaps you can take that comment back to management?).

Yes, I also looked for this info in my 2015 Evo Jet manual and I cannot find it there. I am lucky that I only did one charge cycle at 20%, so I will continue to do this for 2 more cycles. BTW-Ravi is very knowledgeable and experienced in this field. I would take his advice any day regarding ebike tech.

Bob,
I find the screw type connection holding the cable running from the display is a problem for me even when screwed in well.
My solution was accidentally discovered after many other attempts. I keep the connection in a vertical position now, because it is against a bright headlight I've mounted on my front handle bar. The vertical position with the natural curve of the cable seems to keep enough compression on the connection to keep it working. When I do get an error 13 often grabbing the connection while pedaling is enough to restore communication. I did try multiple other solutions (taping the connection, complete replacement of the down tube wire, replace display female connection, ...). About the only solution I didn't try was dielectric grease in the connection. If anyone tries that I'd like to hear the result.

Of course other issues can result in an error 13. This is just I how happened to solve my problem.

Good luck.
Mike
Thanks so much Mike! Ill try moving the display mount to the vertical position and see if that is a fix. In the interim, I will also try other movement while pedaling
to see if I can get it restored immediately. I stopped the bike, powered off/on to restore communication. Looks like there may also be a problem with the 5 pin connection. Perhaps when using the display, slight movement can cause errors as well. It may need a better support system on the back of the display to reduce the movement IMHO. I'll keep you posted!

Back