My 2015 EVO Street Has Arrived!

@Brambor Softer leather and springs aside, I can see why just from this nice superimposition photo.

B17 vs B67

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

After saturating the saddle top and bottom overnight, most especially the sit bone area, with Kiwi conditioning paste (which contains mink oil, lanolin, and silicone), I did the recommended short ride (5 mi. / 22 min). And, I wore no chamois, so my sit bones could dig into the seat a bit more on this short ride. I definitely noticed a difference after the first mile. More comfy. This may work out just fine!

Did my favorite ride again & finally got some pictures along the way.

20150614_124116.jpg 20150614_123516.jpg 20150614_124004.jpg 20150614_124721.jpg 20150614_125045.jpg 20150614_124818.jpg 20150614_124848.jpg 20150614_125117.jpg

My new EVO Street has arrived at the LBS where it will be assembled tomorrow.

How exciting!

I will update with pictures and comments when I get it. It arrived earlier than I was expecting. The forecast has showers for tomorrow and Friday. That must be Murphy's Law of eBike delivery.

I recently discovered this blog and have enjoyed it. I hope to pick up my evo street next week. My big concerns is I hope the frame isn't to big 22". I have some flexibility issues. This is my first e bike and I'm planning some good trips.

I recently discovered this blog and have enjoyed it. I hope to pick up my evo street next week. My big concerns is I hope the frame isn't to big 22". I have some flexibility issues. This is my first e bike and I'm planning some good trips.

Welcome!

Geometry at Easy Motion site says 16.1 inches (410mm), step through frame...

It's easy to get on to and a smooth, great-riding e-bike, you're going to love it!

I had a head start as Ann M. mentioned I should consider a 1200 lumen Cree light so I started looking. :)

Thanks for the videos, Grench. Just me, or did any of you also think, "that guy has wayyyyy too many lights and his mancave/workbench is a mess!"

The light will be here tomorrow (thank you Amazon Prime).

It's been storming each evening though so not sure when it will actually be used in real field testing.

Thanks for the videos, Grench. Just me, or did any of you also think, "that guy has wayyyyy too many lights and his mancave/workbench is a mess!"
Brad Herder is his name...he is hard core MTN biker, runner and snowshoe racer. He does some awesome night snow rides.

Hi PowerMe. Just curious, why are you replacing the light that came with your Street?

I'm looking at the Evo Jet or Cross now, which don't come with lights. I watched a video on the 2014 Neo Cross last night, and the reviewer said integrated lights could be added. I'm wondering what the nature of that 'integration' is, and if it requires a BH-specific kit to work with the controller.

Hi @Pastabatman!

I'm not replacing the light on my Evo Street, I'm just supplementing it with a high powered light. The dynamo light doesn't put out that much light, and I don't think it's enough light for me to safely ride after dark.

Yes, integrating lights onto an Easy Motion bike that doesn't already have them would require some kind of light kit. Do a search on the forums. @Chris Nolte was looking into carrying light kits that could be added.

Another 21.3 mi added to the Brooks saddle. I think the total is up to slightly less than 100 mi. I was feeling uncomfortable starting around mile 11 on today's ride.

This may require another soak. Of the saddle. And my tush! :p

Just back from 12 mi. 91 degrees with humidity. I bonked even on the highest level of assist, and even that level felt sluggish today too, (yes, I started with a full battery).

Discovered something interesting (and potentially troubling). I decided to only use throttle to see how the bike would do on a moderate (4% grade) hill. It did awful. The bike struggled to get to 11mph and was actually down to about 7 mph and going slower when I finally started pedaling to help it along. I still had 3 bars left at the point I used the throttle, so it's not like the battery was very low. If I had to depend on throttle only to get home, it would be a very slow ride. Yes, on perfectly level roads and then downhill the bike can get up to it's maximum speed of assist using throttle. On a hill, without pedaling along actively, it struggles and it does so badly.

This is not what others with these 350watt Dapu motors on their bikes report. Everyone says these 350 watt geared hubs can climb well and these geared hubs get you up a moderate hill with no difficulty. Well, not this bike and not this rider. Not without active pedaling.

Last edited:
Just back from 12 mi. 91 degrees with humidity. I bonked even on the highest level of assist, and even that level felt sluggish today too, (yes, I started with a full battery).

Discovered something interesting (and potentially troubling). I decided to only use throttle to see how the bike would do on a moderate hill. It did awful. The bike struggled to get to 8mph and was actually down to 4mph and going slower when I finally started pedaling to help it along. I still had 3 bars left at the point I used the throttle, so it's not like the battery was very low. If I had to depend on throttle only to get home, it would be a very slow ride. Yes, on perfectly level roads and then downhill the bike can get up to it's maximum speed of assist. On a hill of any grade it struggles.

This is not what others with these 350watt Dapu motors on their bikes report. Everyone says these 350 watt geared hubs can climb well and these geared hubs get you up a moderate hill with no difficulty. Not this bike and not this rider. Not without active pedaling.

Hills + wind + throttle only = mid drive.

Back