Low torque or high torque

Andy1865

Region
United Kingdom
City
Skipton
Hi all, could someone please tell me if a torque of 130Nm is acheivable with a Bafang RM G062 1000w D hub motor powered by a 52v 17.5Ah battery?
I do not know the make of the controller but it is 25amp and the display is a Bafang C961.
I am 5' 10" and weigh 101kg.
Thanks for your time.
Andy.

It doesn't look like you're going to be even close to 130nm to me. Here's the factory specs. I see you're thinking 52v and 25 amp controller, but going from the rated 85nm to 130nm is going to take more than that I believe.

It doesn't look like you're going to be even close to 130nm to me. Here's the factory specs. I see you're thinking 52v and 25 amp controller, but going from the rated 85nm to 130nm is going to take more than that I believe.

VOLTAGE: 52V
WATTS: 1000W
BATTERY: 17.5AH SAMSUNG BATTERY LONG RANGE WITH, ANTI THEFT LOCK
MOTOR: BAFANG RM-G062 1000W-D REAR HUB MOTOR
TORQUE: 130NM TORQUE
PEAK OUTPUT: 1500 WATTS
WHEEL SIZE: 26INCH FAT TYRE 4.0MM JUGGERNAUT KENDA TYRES WIRE BEADED
SPEED: 35MPH THROTTLE ONLY, 45MPH WITH PAS
THROTTLE: THUMB THROTTLE
PAS: 0-5 LEVELS OF PAS AND WALK MODE
LIGHTS: FRONT LED LIGHT, REAR TAIL
KEYS: X2
CHARGER: 3.0 AMP CHARGER.
this is the info i have on this ebike

VOLTAGE: 52V
WATTS: 1000W
BATTERY: 17.5AH SAMSUNG BATTERY LONG RANGE WITH, ANTI THEFT LOCK
MOTOR: BAFANG RM-G062 1000W-D REAR HUB MOTOR
TORQUE: 130NM TORQUE
PEAK OUTPUT: 1500 WATTS
WHEEL SIZE: 26INCH FAT TYRE 4.0MM JUGGERNAUT KENDA TYRES WIRE BEADED
SPEED: 35MPH THROTTLE ONLY, 45MPH WITH PAS
THROTTLE: THUMB THROTTLE
PAS: 0-5 LEVELS OF PAS AND WALK MODE
LIGHTS: FRONT LED LIGHT, REAR TAIL
KEYS: X2
CHARGER: 3.0 AMP CHARGER.
this is the info i have on this ebike
Plus this
DISPLAY UNIT: BAFANG C961 DISPLAY UNIT
CONTROLLER: 25AMP CONTROLLER

Those specs, likely supplied by a bike manf. with a "creative" advertising group, are further proof advertising sometimes stretches your imagination. You can't always believe advertisers. If you choose to believe those specs, that's on you. Speaking for myself, I'll stay with what the motor manf. has rated it at. I THINK they may have a better idea of what they are talking about, and are far less likely to advertise something nobody else can back up with factual data.

Those specs, likely supplied by a bike manf. with a "creative" advertising group, are further proof advertising sometimes stretches your imagination. You can't always believe advertisers. If you choose to believe those specs, that's on you. Speaking for myself, I'll stay with what the motor manf. has rated it at. I THINK they may have a better idea of what they are talking about, and are far less likely to advertise something nobody else can back up with factual data.
Thats very true AHicks

The Chinese ”cheaper so it’s ok to lie about whatever we want to sell our product“ is getting tiresome. When you actually get 130nm out of the Bafang, tell me. The controller should be a 80amp brick with 30ah battery. Then maybe you can run for an hour up and down the mountains at 80-90kmh. sorry. Venting. Paying a “reasonable“ price for a local made motor shouldn’t be like 3-4x the Chinese. BUT I digress. It’s a niche market and yes the quality of Grin motors is incomparable and IM A CHEAP BASTARD. But I’m getting over that. Lol.

Back