Programing a Bafang G062 Rear Hub, or buy a new controller?

spottydog75

Region
United Kingdom
Hi all - nice to become part of this community, which has already been really helpful. I'm in the UK.
My Lishui controller has died, as did my display. I've ordered a DPC18 display, and controller which have arrived, but the controller (shown in the second photo below), gives full power from the motor even on PAS 1.

I've got a programming cable which I have used to program my middrive BBSHD, but that cable/software doesn't want to read the hub, so I can't change the PAS settings. Note that the new controller uses a torque sensor, whereas the Lishui had a three pin wheel magnet sensor. The Lisihui label has scratched pretty badly, but it looks like this:
lishui.jpg

The replacement controller I purchased is this:
new controller.PNG

Questions:
1) Is it possible to program the replacement controller with the normal mid drive bafang cable, or do I need something else?
2) Have I even bought the right controller?
3) If I've bought the wrong controller, can someone please send a link to the correct one?

Thanks in advance :)

I've never seen or even heard of a Bafang geared hub controller. Regardless, (learn something new every day!) I can share that your cable needs to talk with the controller, not the motor. The controller would hold all the settings/parameters. The motor has none of that. Just FYI.....

If it were me, I would be looking for an owner's manual specific to THAT controller. I doubt seriously anything more generic will be of any use

I've never seen or even heard of a Bafang geared hub controller. Regardless, (learn something new every day!) I can share that your cable needs to talk with the controller, not the motor. The controller would hold all the settings/parameters. The motor has none of that. Just FYI.....

If it were me, I would be looking for an owner's manual specific to THAT controller. I doubt seriously anything more generic will be of any u

If it were me, I would be looking for an owner's manual specific to THAT controller. I doubt seriously anything more generic will be of any use
Thanks. I think when I said "read the hub", I should have said "doesn't want to read the controller (connected to the hub)". Not been able to get a response from the new controller's manufacturer, but will try again.

If you haven't already, you might want to ask the seller for more info, or possibly a suggestion where you might look?

Questions:
1) Is it possible to program the replacement controller with the normal mid drive bafang cable, or do I need something else?
2) Have I even bought the right controller?
3) If I've bought the wrong controller, can someone please send a link to the correct one?

Thanks in advance :)
If it's a model YCSYxxx-xxx-48T series controller, then it won't be programmable through the BBSXX programming cable. What you want is an LD-AK-xxx controller which appears to be programmable. I say "appears" because, while I have connected my LD-AK-011 (750W/Bafang H640 motor) controller to my laptop and read the parameters, I haven't tried to save them. I'll do that once I mount the motor which is still a couple weeks out.

Anyhow, another member faced a similar predicament last fall and had success with programming his Bafang fat motor with the BBSXX cable. He learned that his controller was in fact programmable and was able to tone down the PAS level. See this thread:

I'm guessing he got this kit off Amazon:

Try reaching out to @Hector6150 for the specific controller model no. and vendor on Amazon.

If you don't hear back, I would contact Greenergia the seller of the Bafang fat motor kit and ask to buy only the controller. And make sure the model is LD-AK-xxx series.

This is a LD-AK-001 controller for a Bafang G060 motor.

1_bafang_750w_controller.jpg

And this is the LD-AK-011 connected to my laptop.

2_bafang_debug_connected_to_controller.jpg

I replied to him. I think I've sent him in the right direction. I could program my old controller just fine, but it never gave me any torque that I thought I should have been getting. I converted mine to KT system and love it! I got some serious power for those hills now, I just blow by everyone pedalling up😂

Back