KT 45A controller and LCD8H display on Bafang G062, speedometer issue when coasting

Ive lost a lot of those magnets, one ended up in the grease right next to the planetary gears, in fact my last motor only had two in place, no idea where they went, or were ever there.

,.. the new one is an LCD8HU. It has a USB port on the back.

Did you get the fancy new 3D version ?

Screenshot_20240908-221644_AliExpress.jpg

Both versions were the fancy colored one. The replacement had a USB port on the back.

I went with the slightly older color display thinking that I wouldn't like the 3-D effect of the newest model.
I didn't want the USB port, so I saved a few dollars.

Screenshot_20240920-124627_AliExpress.jpg

I'm thinking now that I would have liked the newest model better with the graphic display.

Both versions were the fancy colored one.

Both of our displays allow us to adjust the speed/power for 1st throttle gear. (If you're using imitation torque control.)

The older KT displays were all set at 50% speed/power of 5th throttle gear.

I turned mine down to 20% so my first gear is really slow to help with three point turns and riding really slow in rough terrain.

5th throttle gear is still full power/speed though, but there's a bigger jump between each gear.

Screenshot_20240920-133608_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

When C4 = 4 is confirmed, the "percentage value of the first gear speed accounts for its full speed" of the power assist gear

I like the color display. No issues seeing it and it looks better. Can you explain this C4 setting to me? I went riding in the mountains yesterday and having C5 at 10 was no good. The power was so much I couldn't not keep the front tire on the ground and therefore couldn't turn, (climbing hills of course). I turned C5 down to 2 for slow start, then maximum current and that helped. But having pedal assist being adjustable would help also.

Can you explain this C4 setting to me?

When C4=4, you can adjust the power and speed of first throttle gear from between 20% and 60% of full power in throttle gear 5.

So whatever the maximum power you have set, first throttle gear will be between 20% and 60% of that power.

20240920_190216.jpg
20240920_190302.jpg
20240920_190534.jpg

I went riding in the mountains yesterday and having C5 at 10 was no good.
I turned C5 down to 2 for slow start, then maximum current and that helped. But having pedal assist being adjustable would help also.

Try C5=00
That will give you three levels of power as the bike speeds up, instead of just one, then full power.
It's more gradual.

You can use C4 turned down lower to limit the power of that acceleration with your throttle gears.

I didn't hook up my PAS sensor, so the slow start wouldn't work for me.

I just cycled through the throttle gears one at a time to chose my acceleration/power rate.

Screenshot_20240920-192012_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I don't know what you have for a throttle, but a half twist throttle works WAY Better for me.
The thumb throttle was too difficult to operate smoothly, and my thumb got sore.

Back