Programing a Bafang G062 Rear Hub, or buy a new controller?

Ha ha ok thanks I will anyway I've set it back to DH-12 in pedal sensor settings,it only gives 3 options though so I don't have the option to choose 5 or 8 magnet's my display is 750c but there are no options for that also nothing in the Bafang programme from Stephan penoff .
But thanks for the help very much appreciated.oh I did set it one time to 100% on every assist level but I was doing 30 in assist 1 so the rest were useless as I only use 5 assist level on my bike.

Ha ha ok thanks I will anyway I've set it back to DH-12 in pedal sensor settings,

Do you actually have a dual hall sensor PAS sensor with 12 magnets?

If not, then the DH-12 in pedal sensor setting is wrong.

A wrong PAS sensor setting pretty much only affects when the power cuts in and out.
It doesn't affect the power or lack of it.

All your power related issues should be different setting adjustments.

Yes this is dual right side sensor

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-01-05-07-36-704_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-01-05-07-36-704_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping-edit.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 31
Yes I took it to work this morning and again when I have stopped at the traffic lights when I can cross the pedal assist doesn't kick in until at least 4 cranks of the pedal its annoying I have the start delay to 1 you can see my attached photo of my settings

Attachments

• IMG_20240731_165335.jpg
    IMG_20240731_165335.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 34
Your start current is at 20%.
Can you turn it up to 100%?

Your start degree is 4.
Can you turn it to 1?

Your slow start mode is 2.
Can you set it to 1 or 8?
(Which ever one makes the power kick in faster.)

No it won't let me go higher than 20% and on 1-8 I have set to 1 I'm trying but I'm not getting any better responses

No it won't let me go higher than 20% and on 1-8 I have set to 1 I'm trying but I'm not getting any better responses

I'm thinking that your "slow start mode" is kicking in so slowly that it takes 4 revolutions of the crank to start feeling the power?

But I'm not familiar with your BAFANG programming so I'm just guessing.

It appears that your PAS sensor is working though, so adjusting the different settings should get your power to kick in sooner and stronger.

Maybe change your PAS sensor settings again to see if that makes any difference?

Maybe there's a YouTube instruction video?

What i decided to do was instead of using the many.el files are are pre programmed by different bloggers that are included in the zip file from Stefan penoffs Bafang program zip file.
After trying several of those files and there settings i decided to try my default el file, which i made a copy of before adjusting anything so glad I did.
So to my suprise I didn't even get a full rotation before the motor kick in to life,why that is on my default firmware and not on any of the other firmware files I have tried and had trouble with.so I boosted the pedal assist 1 setting and set the start decay to 1 hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Back