Low Step Bike Choices

Not much. Why do you ask?
Here’s a picture of my bike. It’s not a true step through. I’m a 62 year old woman, 5’5” with degenerative disc disease and scoliosis. As you can see, my bike is not a true step through. It’s an mtb style bike. I can get on and off it just fine by tilting the bike and kind of letting it glide through my legs as I get on. Or I use the curb as a “mounting block”.
If you can maybe practice some on an acoustic bike, you may find that you don’t really need a step through and it will open up more possibilities.
Btw, I have ridden the Verve+, it’s not a true low step bike. You’ll still have to really lift your leg to get on it.
If there’s other reasons (hip problems etc) why you need the low step, I apologize in advance. Just sharing my experience.

Attachments

• 208C5647-209F-46D5-AA8C-ADED84FC06FF.jpeg
    208C5647-209F-46D5-AA8C-ADED84FC06FF.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 308
hi there! I can tell you that I bought the Townie Commute Go! 8i. I love the bike, however, I am exchanging it for the Townie Go! 8i. I am 5'5". One of the biggest selling points to Townie was the flat foot technology. I couldn't be flat footed on the Commute (long story as to why I bought the commute). It is a heavy bike and I want the stability of being flat footed.

I wanted an ebike so that I could go riding with my family, but I am a bit unsteady on a bike because I never really rode on a regular basis (except when I was a kid, I am 49 years old now). I ride now just to be leisurely and get out and moving.

hi there! I can tell you that I bought the Townie Commute Go! 8i. I love the bike, however, I am exchanging it for the Townie Go! 8i. I am 5'5". One of the biggest selling points to Townie was the flat foot technology. I couldn't be flat footed on the Commute (long story as to why I bought the commute). It is a heavy bike and I want the stability of being flat footed.

I wanted an ebike so that I could go riding with my family, but I am a bit unsteady on a bike because I never really rode on a regular basis (except when I was a kid, I am 49 years old now). I ride now just to be leisurely and get out and moving.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Back