Let's Ride Together (Ebike gangs 😉)

Looking for an e-bike group to ride with? Want to start a group? Already belong to a group? Post here!
Please include the Country/Region/State/Area/Type of riding (road/paved trail, mountain bike, etc.) you're interested in to connect with other e-riders.
And, thanks, Steve Mercier, for the suggestion of what to call ourselves 😁!

For we seniors, how about SOB's (seniors on bikes)? I'm in Mt. Laurel, NJ. In the last 25 years, I have only seen 1 ebike, and it was a DIY!
This is a great suburban area (albeit only 15 miles to Philly) to ride. Anybody else in the area want to 'start something'? South Jersey SOB's?

Great idea... reminds me of this group of SOBs in Germany! ;)

‘Electros’ and ‘Bells Angels’: first biker gangs on electric cycles

Duisburg (dpo) - Authorities are alarmed: the Electros, Germany’s first gang of electric cyclists (or ‘e-bikers’), was founded last weekend.
Competing gangs, including the Bells Angels and the E-Mongols, were established in other cities of the Ruhr district around the same time.
Police are now concerned about an increase in gang violence.

Last night, the Electros were first to demonstrate their power with a good dozen members cruising the inner city of Duisburg on overly tuned electric bikes and in uniform gear (yellow safety vests with a socket patch). The whole episode died down after about 45 minutes when the group had to dissolve due to lack of battery power, forcing the e-bikers to walk home.

“All we can do is warn the public against them”, said Mike Jänisch, spokesperson of the German Federal Criminal Police Office. “These e-bikers have partly established mafia structures, and often appear in packs.” The most dangerous thing about them, though, is that you cannot hear them coming. “Victims report hearing a faint buzzing noise before suddenly finding themselves encircled by the gang.”

Great idea... reminds me of this group of SOBs in Germany! ;)

‘Electros’ and ‘Bells Angels’: first biker gangs on electric cycles

Duisburg (dpo) - Authorities are alarmed: the Electros, Germany’s first gang of electric cyclists (or ‘e-bikers’), was founded last weekend.
Competing gangs, including the Bells Angels and the E-Mongols, were established in other cities of the Ruhr district around the same time.
Police are now concerned about an increase in gang violence.

Last night, the Electros were first to demonstrate their power with a good dozen members cruising the inner city of Duisburg on overly tuned electric bikes and in uniform gear (yellow safety vests with a socket patch). The whole episode died down after about 45 minutes when the group had to dissolve due to lack of battery power, forcing the e-bikers to walk home.

“All we can do is warn the public against them”, said Mike Jänisch, spokesperson of the German Federal Criminal Police Office. “These e-bikers have partly established mafia structures, and often appear in packs.” The most dangerous thing about them, though, is that you cannot hear them coming. “Victims report hearing a faint buzzing noise before suddenly finding themselves encircled by the gang.”
A real SOB story.I see.

The specific topic is people wanting to ride together - I was the person who initiated the topic last fall before I got my bike. The thread got buried because people stopped responding (because it was winter?). Someone was looking for the thread this morning, so I hunted it down and posted in it so it would appear again.

I apologize for responding "off topic" to my own thread in response to a specific question about my bike 😱. I will endeavor, from now on, to police my thread diligently to ensure that no one ever goes "off topic" ever, ever, ever again :cool:.

And now, back to folks wanting to ride together, AKA "Ebike Gangs". Stay on topic, people ☝;)!
Can we search this thread by area? Pennsylvania is really broad for example, so there are hundreds of empty miles between Pittsburgh and Philladelphia, but hundreds of ebikers between Philadelphia and Washington DC. Maybe add a LINK for a standard state or province or postal code ? Anyway, thanks for restarting this and SOT Stay On Topic you SOBs Seniors On Bikes

Can we search this thread by area? Pennsylvania is really broad for example, so there are hundreds of empty miles between Pittsburgh and Philladelphia, but hundreds of ebikers between Philadelphia and Washington DC. Maybe add a LINK for a standard state or province or postal code ? Anyway, thanks for restarting this and SOT Stay On Topic you SOBs Seniors On Bikes
I was thinking folks could just scroll through and respond/reply to posters who are in their area ... But I'll think about organizing differently - I'm just an old lady with an ebike, not an IT whiz 😉.

I was thinking folks could just scroll through and respond/reply to posters who are in their area ... But I'll think about organizing differently - I'm just an old lady with an ebike, not an IT whiz 😉.
There is an option to "search this thread only" in advanced search. So that will do if people put the name of their state or province in their post. Maybe good enough, without needing an IT degree?

There is an option to "search this thread only" in advanced search. So that will do if people put the name of their state or province in their post. Maybe good enough, without needing an IT degree?
Can we all use the format where you begin your post with your state and area, like this:

NW WA, Whidbey Island area ...

That way, the specific area you're available to ride is first thing people see?

Can we all use the format where you begin your post with your state and area, like this:

NW WA, Whidbey Island area ...

That way, the specific area you're available to ride is first thing people see?
I went back and added NE PA Snyder county to my post number 39.
We will see how many people are 1.even interested, 2.willing to format their post like that, and 3. SOT at all.
Unlikely / Impossible you say ?

Last edited:
Not sure... There were a few folks in western WA/lower BC I was going to try to connect with before everything went to hell 👿...

USA / NY / Nassau County (Long Island)

I'm a pretty new to ebikes, and I do all of my riding alone, would love to hook up with a group.
I bet your lbs has info on group rides in NYC area, as well. If you find one post it here, please.

WESTERN WA USA - SHALL WE TRY A GROUP RIDE?

I'm thinking meet in Anacortes to do Tommy Thompson/March Point,

OR: Sedro Woolley for the Cascade trail,

OR: Arlington for the Centennial Trail,

OR: Open to any other ideas!

DH rides an acoustic bike, and we rarely ride faster than about 10mph, but if folks want to go faster, that's ok. We can start together, meet up for refreshments and end whenever.

Anyone interested?

Thinking sometime near the end of July, during the week to avoid the trails being packed...

I would love to do the Western Wa ride, but unfortunately with the pandemic the border remains closed so I can't join. Post some pictures of the ride so I can at least pretend I joined in :D

USA, Portland, Oregon.

My wife and I recently got our ebikes and would love to do a group ride sometime. My wife is still getting used to her bike, so pace would need to be slow.

USA, PA, Wayne County.
I'm in!

As pointed out earlier in this thread, it is often difficult to find a concentration of interested members especially in rural areas.
In my case, I frequently travel to ride trails in my home state of PA as well as MD, NY, MA and CT.
Two of my favorites in eastern / central PA. are The Pine Creek Trail in Jersey Shore and the Lehigh Gorge Trail in Jim Thorpe. Both have large easily accessible parking areas suitable for group meets and are in areas with a very low number of Covid cases.

I would love to do the Western Wa ride, but unfortunately with the pandemic the border remains closed so I can't join. Post some pictures of the ride so I can at least pretend I joined in :D
If we do the ride, I'll be sure to post. Some day the border will open again 🤞.

Anyone riding in the Clinton or Essex County New York area. Very rural but a lot of cyclists, and more and more ebikes

There are currently 3 pages of responses to this topic, which is great!

BUT

Most people do not appear to be looking through the posts to see if there are ALREADY PEOPLE IN THEIR AREA who are looking for others to ride with.

While I'm working on figuring out a more efficient way for folks to connect,

PLEASE READ THROUGH THE CURRENT THREAD, BEFORE POSTING, AND IF SOMEONE HAS ALREADY POSTED FROM AN AREA YOU CAN RIDE IN, RESPOND (REPLY) TO THAT PERSON INSTEAD OF POSTING A NEW REPLY.

If everyone just posts where they are, without looking to see where others are, it's going to be difficult to find people to ride with 😁.

Thanks, and I'll keep working on a better format.

Back