Issues with the Turbo Creo SL (all variants)

Yes, that's the Turbo Levo SL remote with the wire built in to attach (we think) at the TCO (the one available port). The pic is a bad angle but there are +/- buttons on it.

Hi folks, as some are aware I own a Turbo Creo SL Comp Evo. My intention is for us to be able to share notes about issues with our bikes and what are the resolutions.

Here are mine:

1. Sunrace cassette

I am aware that this version of Creo SL comes with a Sunrace cassette and it is what it is. This is my first time to experience Sunrace products and it is a letdown. As I previously posted, the tuning was off and I had to tune the rear derailleur to my satisfaction. That part is now past me. However, the fact that my cassette have some minor (like 2 teeth in 2 cogs) imperfection, I am not inclined to pursue a warranty claim with Specialized because they will just give me another Sunrace cassette. At $6,500 price point, this bike deserves a Deore XT cassette.

2. Squeaking Futureshock cover [FIXED]

This is SUPER annoying! And hard to troubleshoot. If I turn the handlebar left and right, there's no noise. But the moment I ride the bike, the noise will pester me throughout the ride. I grabbed the entire cover and the noise disappeared and the moment I released it, the noise comes back. The local Specialized technician argues that the lip part maybe rubbing the frame but it does not. I can put a sheet of plastic and paper between the lip and the frame and they don't touch (maybe when riding, which I still have to test.

3. TCU still presents itself as "Levo"

This one is cosmetic. In the Mission Control (2.2.0 build 50) app, the Tune settings still show Eco, Trail, and Turbo when Trail should be Sport. Similarly, using Connect IQ of Garmin, the data field shows TRAIL. It seems to me that the TRAIL is hard coded. If the TCU generates 0, 1, 2, 3 and the developers assumed 2 = Trail then that's what causes it.

The Mission Control app do identify the TCU as Creo SL because there are no "Acceleration Response" and "Shuttle" options in mine.

I bought a Creo Expert Evo, and I have a couple issues as well.

A) The Q-factor is 181mm. My knees would feel a little bit of discomfort after each ride. There is a lot of room between the crankarm and the chainstay, so I think Praxis could’ve made the crankarms lot narrower. I run Dura Ace cranks and Easton Carbon cranks on all my other bikes, and the Q-factors for them are 146mm and 151mm. After a half dozen ride, discomfort has subsided, but it will be interesting to see how my knees will respond when I start riding my other bikes more, then go back riding the Creo.

B) I have dropped chain quite a few times even though the clutch was on. At one time the chain got stuck between the frame and chainring, and it scraped the heck out of the bike.:). I’m looking to replace the chainring with a more pronounced shaped narrow/wide ring. I might have to shortened the chain and adjust the RD tension as well.

Other than those two issues, I’m loving the bike!

Hello guys,
I bought myself a Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO (the green one) and I love it.
The issue with it since 2 days is a squeaking noise while pedaling without motor assistance like shut down motor or higher speed.
It sounds like rubber on rubber. My (online) shop told me, that is a matter of inspection and tighten the screws.
I tried to fix it with a good spray of WD40 on the axle, no effect.

Does anybody have such an issue? Do have any tips for me?
Thanks.

Hello guys,
I bought myself a Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO (the green one) and I love it.
The issue with it since 2 days is a squeaking noise while pedaling without motor assistance like shut down motor or higher speed.
It sounds like rubber on rubber. My (online) shop told me, that is a matter of inspection and tighten the screws.
I tried to fix it with a good spray of WD40 on the axle, no effect.

Does anybody have such an issue? Do have any tips for me?
Thanks.
Hi I had a squeaking noice on my creo evo when pedalling , took it to the lbs and they narrowed it down To the rear wheel not tightened enough. With Both wheels tightened it stopped all noise. Not sure if it’s the same issue but might be worth a try.
goodluck.

I bought a Creo Expert Evo, and I have a couple issues as well.

A) The Q-factor is 181mm. My knees would feel a little bit of discomfort after each ride. There is a lot of room between the crankarm and the chainstay, so I think Praxis could’ve made the crankarms lot narrower. I run Dura Ace cranks and Easton Carbon cranks on all my other bikes, and the Q-factors for them are 146mm and 151mm. After a half dozen ride, discomfort has subsided, but it will be interesting to see how my knees will respond when I start riding my other bikes more, then go back riding the Creo.

B) I have dropped chain quite a few times even though the clutch was on. At one time the chain got stuck between the frame and chainring, and it scraped the heck out of the bike.:). I’m looking to replace the chainring with a more pronounced shaped narrow/wide ring. I might have to shortened the chain and adjust the RD tension as well.

Other than those two issues, I’m loving the bike!

Please note that the chain has to be placed specifically on the chainring because the wavetech Praxis ring has special teeth.

Thierry

I just received a S- Works Creo purchased from an individual. Just started to unpack and set it up. It has Di2 , but I cannot locate the pencil battery for the Di2 system. The A junction is in the right side bar end. The battery is normally in the seat post on Di2 system bikes, but its not there on the Creo. Can anyone tell me where it is located? I would like to install the Shimano blue tooth transmitter and on other bikes always connected it to the battery.

I just received a S- Works Creo purchased from an individual. Just started to unpack and set it up. It has Di2 , but I cannot locate the pencil battery for the Di2 system. The A junction is in the right side bar end. The battery is normally in the seat post on Di2 system bikes, but its not there on the Creo. Can anyone tell me where it is located? I would like to install the Shimano blue tooth transmitter and on other bikes always connected it to the battery.
The junction A is the ES-RS910, handlebar junction box. If you mean to add the SM-EWW01, you can tap it anywhere like the RD, FD, or if it fits inside the handlebar then it can go in there. If I were you in your situation, I'd rather use the EW-WU111 which has both ANT+ and BT and will definitely fit inside the handlebar.

Of course, I didn't answer your question but I asked the local Specialized distributor and will revert should they answer me, but I guess the battery is in the downtube.

[update]

It's not in the seat tube because of the dropper post ;) Specialized says the battery is accessible by removing the TCU.

Last edited:
The junction A is the ES-RS910, handlebar junction box. If you mean to add the SM-EWW01, you can tap it anywhere like the RD, FD, or if it fits inside the handlebar then it can go in there. If I were you in your situation, I'd rather use the EW-WU111 which has both ANT+ and BT and will definitely fit inside the handlebar.

Of course, I didn't answer your question but I asked the local Specialized distributor and will revert should they answer me, but I guess the battery is in the downtube.

[update]

It's not in the seat tube because of the dropper post ;) Specialized says the battery is accessible by removing the TCU.
Yes, I plan to use the EW-WU111. I don't have a dropper post. I took out the TCU to retrieve the blue tooth paring code and I did not see the Di2 battery. Perhaps I did not look hard enough?? I have attached a photo of the bike.
s-l16002.jpg

Yes, I plan to use the EW-WU111. I don't have a dropper post. I took out the TCU to retrieve the blue tooth paring code and I did not see the Di2 battery. Perhaps I did not look hard enough?? I have attached a photo of the bike.
It's the S-Works SL, but I don't know how the one who built it placed the battery. Sorry.

Please note that the chain has to be placed specifically on the chainring because the wavetech Praxis ring has special teeth.

Thierry

Is there a mounting point for a front ring chainguide on the frame area behind the chainring? The motor mount bolt is in this area, but I don't know if there is another place for a chainguide fastener. Thanks!

Frequent chain drop...

Hi everyone. I really love my SL Comp Carbon Evo, but both my wife and I (she has an EVO too), frequently experience chain drop when the chain is on the large ring of the rear cassette. It generally happens on steep climbs and it doesn't seem to matter if we are on gravel or tarmac. It happens even when the clutch is engaged.

I read that the Praxis "wave tech" chain ring is meant to have the "outer" link of the chain engaging the "inner" tooth of the chain ring for best results. But sadly, the chain still drops off the ring when placed this way. The Praxis site recommends having a chain guard "for best results."

So, I'd like to attach a chain guard, but I have no idea how to do so. Attaching a braze-on adapter I guess would normally work, but I'm not certain what size adapter to get and if one will even fit as our Crew seat tubes flare out as they reach the area around the motor/chain ring. It seems to me that a braze-on adapter would require a straight tube. I wonder, if we can use the bottle cage attachment point to secure a guard?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Back