Ideas for lowering shipping cost for Frey bikes?

cloudcover

Hello there!

I'm really intrigued/interested by the new Frey CC bike, which looks to be a great commuter/city bike option with an excellent combination of hardware/components, etc. I'm fine with the price of the bike but it looks like it's a whopping $800 to ship to the U.S.! 😲 Do any of you have experience with these kinds of situations and possibly have ideas/suggestions for ways to manage/mitigate that expense? For example, I'm wondering if there's a way to organize a "group buy" or something like that? Or maybe there are other ideas that I'm not thinking of.

Would appreciate any suggestions/advice.

Thanks!

Make a friend (student)there who may come here anyway for internship/work and negotiate it.

Probably carrying an ebike (in a bike case) on airplane would be 100-150$. Plus whatever it is decided between you two...
The battery can be shipped from Frey separately .

I was just reading the thread on endless sphere on the Frey ...i like it also. May need to find a friend there also if i decide to buy it.
It seems that it can be programmed to be a 2kw motor ebike ! That is really good.

It's shipping by fed ex express. That's a fast way to ship. A slower method will take longer to get to you and the chances of damage goes up. That's also a good price for the bike your getting. If you bought that bike here, it would be $5,000. and free shipping.

Back