How to stop handlebars from moving when transporting bike?

bikeman242

Hi all,

This may be a dumb question, but how can I stop my handlebars from rotating when I am lifting my eBike by the top tube to move it somewhere?

I still want the front wheel to spin, I just want it to stay straight and aligned with the rear wheel instead of rotating around.

I tried using a bungee but it didn't work well.

Would a cheap toe strap be sufficient, any other ideas?

I have a Topeak device that might be exactly what you need.

One end hooks over the handlebar and the other end has a strap that attaches to the top tube.
… David
  • Topeak Stabiliser
  • topeak-stabliser.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some cargo bikes come with a steering stabilizer. Research those and see if an aftermarket stabilizer might work for you

This may be a dumb answer…

As you grow older your ebike of choice will become heavier and your strength will be less. Lifting your ebike in the air will no longer be a temptation. Problem solved.

I just need to lift it up and put it in truck bed without the handlebars swinging around and hitting me in the head. 🤔

I just need to lift it up and put it in truck bed without the handlebars swinging around and hitting me in the head. 🤔
I have to do the same. I put my bike in the bed of my F150 and I lift one hand on the seat tube and the other on the fork. I do have a Park Tool steering stabilizer for the work stand, but haven't needed it for the truck. That Topeak one is a bargain compared to the Park Tool.

Thanks Guys, this is just what I was looking for.
I have to do the same. I put my bike in the bed of my F150 and I lift one hand on the seat tube and the other on the fork. I do have a Park Tool steering stabilizer for the work stand, but haven't needed it for the truck. That Topeak one is a bargain compared to the Park Tool.

Thanks guys, this is just what i was looking for.
Looks like its the Park Tool Handlebar Holder vs the Feedback sports one.

If anybody has any suggestions between the two i would like to hear. The feedback sports one looks a bit simpler to use.

If anybody has any suggestions between the two i would like to hear. The feedback sports one looks a bit simpler to use.
I have the Park Tool version. It works fine and I use it for the work stand. All metal and stable. After 4 years the elastic/velcro strap lost it elasticity so I use a bungee.

As Hanz noted, you might get away with using a velcro strap. Ready made or DIY.

Boncas Adjustable Bike Rack Strap Bicycle Wheel Stabilizer Straps with Innovative Gel Grip Keep The Bicycle Wheel from Spinning - 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J4P7WBD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1IJmEbZF2X26F

I just ordered the Boncas on Amazon. Should do the trick. Thanks for the info, Hanz and JR. 👍

Mine broke after 1 use: So I just use an small strap Looks like a tiny belt with a plastic buckle : Works great

Which broke after 1 use? The feedback sports bar or the Topeak stabilizer?
The Topeak I've been using the strap that came with My 1up Usa Rack : When throwing the Bike on a work stand. Not Familar with teh Feedback Sports : Although One of My Work Stands is from them. Great Quality and even better CS support

Back