Moving Away From Heavy E-Bikes

I understand simplicity being the attraction of single speed bikes to some but on the other hand if one just wants one speed just put your bike in a gear that you like and leave it there. Shifting is an option if you have the gears to do so. My wife couldn't learn to shift gears if her life depended on it so a single speed would suite her fine. No confusion which gear to ride in so no frustration.

I understand simplicity being the attraction of single speed bikes to some but on the other hand if one just wants one speed just put your bike in a gear that you like and leave it there. Shifting is an option if you have the gears to do so. My wife couldn't learn to shift gears if her life depended on it so a single speed would suite her fine. No confusion which gear to ride in so no frustration.
Single speeds also have the benefit of less maintenance, less weight, and less complexity.

I’ll ride my geared bike when I have to (really hilly and long rides), but single speeds are more enjoyable to me, and I ride them as much as I can. Easier for me to be “lazy” with gears, while a single speed has forced me to build strength in my core, and shrunk the size of my beer belly. Forces you to work out harder, IF that’s what you want, because you have no other choice :)

Single speeds also have the benefit of less maintenance, less weight, and less complexity.

I’ll ride my geared bike when I have to (really hilly and long rides), but single speeds are more enjoyable to me, and I ride them as much as I can. Easier for me to be “lazy” with gears, while a single speed has forced me to build strength in my core, and shrunk the size of my beer belly. Forces you to work out harder, IF that’s what you want, because you have no other choice :)
But if you ride a geared bike you can force yourself to ride in a higher gear than comfortable not only building core strength but developing strength of mind and confidence while not restricting the road you take. . .
Think about it. . . 🙃

But if you ride a geared bike you can force yourself to ride in a higher gear than comfortable not only building core strength but developing strength of mind and confidence while not restricting the road you take. . .
Think about it. . . 🙃
Of course, you’re right. With gears, I just can’t stop myself from shifting into the biggest cog and spinning up steep hills :rolleyes:. I need to be forced to be on a diet (of gears).

I’ll ride my geared bike when I have to (really hilly and long rides), but single speeds are more enjoyable to me, and I ride them as much as I can. Easier for me to be “lazy” with gears, while a single speed has forced me to build strength in my core, and shrunk the size of my beer belly. Forces you to work out harder, IF that’s what you want, because you have no other choice :)is no sin to push
"may not shrink the tush,its no sin to push"

I know I know some ones going to get mad but, yes she can learn how to shift. I mean after all she's put up with you all these years it's a piece of🍰 compared to that!🤣

Back