Hi from Europe

rustygun

Running a modified Mountain Cycle shockwave 9.5, with two magic pie motors. I find this forum informative and a good data base, hope to hang around a it. I moved the battery to the rear built off the seat post, I'll post a pic when finished. At present I have 3000W and 60Amp with a maintained throttle distance of around 40km ( providing temperature is warm...
20160925_185948  bike.jpg

That is a beast:eek:.

Not my cup of e but looks well thought out and executed. Except for the battery placement which you obviously realized and have made adjustments for.

I am curious as to what you have going on in the bb area? Maybe a drive side view would help?

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that. Welcome, and thanks for posting. I'll be joining the off-road ebiking community in the coming year and sure wish we had the freedom of open trails the E.U. has in the U.S. I guess we make up for it in our freedom of riding on the streets in America. Interesting difference of approach to ebiking Europe and America has.

Quite a powerhouse there, @rustygun! Looking forward to hearing more about your bike and rides :); Welcome to EBR.

JRA, 'Not my cup of e'....:rolleyes:

Reactions: JRA
unnamed.jpg
That is a beast:eek:.

Not my cup of e but looks well thought out and executed. Except for the battery placement which you obviously realized and have made adjustments for.

I am curious as to what you have going on in the bb area? Maybe a drive side view would help?

Here is a photo of the drive side. If you are familiar with "Mountain Cycle" and their shockwave downhill bike.
drive.jpg
The idea is to get to the top ( the particular downhill ride) then its freefall...lol) The south of France has some fantastic rides, and extreme conditions demand rather extreme bikes, obviously the build hasn't the "ride to work" thought in mind, but the both wheel drive are a serious plus in rough terrain.

This is off road, (as to your "cup of e" ) granted its a narrow spectrum in the ebike world, and even more limited in its downhill function relative to the huge market of this e trend. The work on this build is progressive, each ride brings a modification of some sorts, which is why the battery is being moved to the rear. Otherwise the shockwave is a fantastic frame to build from.

Last edited:
I remember Mtn. Cycle from the early 90's. Robert Reisinger was a true visionary in regards to the application of suspension to both ends of the bicycle. They made them here in Portland at the U.S. Kinesis facility for awhile. I never got the opportunity to swing a leg over one however and don't even recall if I have ever seen one outside of Interbike back in the day.

I certainly can relate to the progressive aspect as even my 1000w 25amp front hub bike gets me thinking of ways to improve upon it every ride! I am sold on the front wheel drive feature but with less h.p. and the right gearing I don't mind taking up the rear duty.

I am always impressed by a build that is well thought out and executed though on any bicycle. I can only imagine the complexity of your bike in regards to controlling two motors at once. Not a plug and play project for sure!

Ride on

Back