Here is what I did to my Magicycle commuter bike

usclassic

Region
USA
My first ebike and I am really enjoying it.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 09-04-04 Commuter Hidden Battery Road eBike - Magicycle Bike.png

Used code M60 for $60 off sale price,
I live in a hilly neighborhood and can go up the steepest hill in pas 2 or 3. Most of the time pas 1 is enough and great for no effort peddling. Sometimes I ride with no power assist pas 0. Have not tried pas 4 or 5 yet but 3 has been more than enough so far. I changed the seat and added a suspension post. Also added an adjustable handlebar riser so I can sit more upright. The waterproof phone bag is from magicycle and features touch plastic. I tried some soft panniers for grocery runs but did not like them so I switched to some locking hard cases. The only issue is hard starting up if stopped on a hill but other than that the single speed belt drive is quiet and maintenance free.

PA175691.JPG

PA175692.JPG

PA175694.JPG

PA175695.JPG

PA175696.JPG

PA175697.JPG

Got everything I might need now on the bike. Chain lock, tools, patch kit and spare tube, foot pump and first aid kit. I have bar end turn signals on the way that should be here Thurs. Really enjoy riding.......

I got the Hafny bar end mirrors...love them! Much more confident now that I do not have to turn around constantly!

Seems like a great deal for the price! Belt drive, wow! Are you using it for farting around and exploring like me or are you using it for a dedicated commute? Either way, enjoy your ebike and keep us posted on the good, bad and hopefully no ugly.

And before I forget, really like the side boxes. They look sharp. Are they motorcycle side boxes? Heavy?

Seems like a great deal for the price! Belt drive, wow! Are you using it for farting around and exploring like me or are you using it for a dedicated commute? Either way, enjoy your ebike and keep us posted on the good, bad and hopefully no ugly.

And before I forget, really like the side boxes. They look sharp. Are they motorcycle side boxes? Heavy?
I am retired so no commuting. I have been setting it up for grocery store trips and cruising around the neighborhood.

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 21-37-09 New Hard Saddle bags Saddlebags w_ mounting kits Fit Kawasak...png

The bags are not heavy, about 3 lbs ea but the included motorcycle mounting hardware is very heavy. I did not use any of the included hardware.

Wonder why the huge price cuts? Maybe they ordered too many from China and are attempting to blow out inventory. At first blush, 43 lbs with belt drive, 599 looks like a great price. I have a belt drive Ride 1 UP Gravelster that weighs a little less that I paid $1200 for I think...

Wonder why the huge price cuts? Maybe they ordered too many from China and are attempting to blow out inventory. At first blush, 43 lbs with belt drive, 599 looks like a great price. I have a belt drive Ride 1 UP Gravelster that weighs a little less that I paid $1200 for I think...
I think it is clearance this model will be discontinued or updated. The replacement battery is $499 on it's own. I should buy this for parts.

Back