Help choosing between a bike with poor stand over height or too aggressive geometry

DSGamer

Region
USA
I had a Trek Verve+ 3 back in 2020 and felt like overall it was a great bike for getting around and running errands, shopping, etc. Ultimately I moved on from it and tried a Tern for a while, because I was unhappy with the stand over height. I’m 6’2” with a 30 inch inseam, so the XL seamer like the right fit, but there was absolutely no stand over height.

Later I landed on a Specialized Turbo Vado 5 and have loved that bike for a variety of reasons. Notably the standover height is great and I feel like the bike is sturdier overall. I have noticed my hands get a little numb on long rides, however, so the geometry of the bike is definitely too aggressive.

Currently I have that Turbo Vado in one state where I live part time and I’m back in another state where I live part time thinking of getting an eBike for this location. I’m thinking of the Verve+ 4 or the Vado 4, currently.

These bikes present the same dilemma, obviously, so I guess I’m wondering how hard it is to correct the handlebar length/height ultimately, since I know I can’t really fix the standover height. I’m using that to help weight out my decision.

Any advice on this dilemma or how to mitigate the handlebar height, swoop back on the Vado would be appreciated.

I had a Trek Verve+ 3 back in 2020 and felt like overall it was a great bike for getting around and running errands, shopping, etc. Ultimately I moved on from it and tried a Tern for a while, because I was unhappy with the stand over height. I’m 6’2” with a 30 inch inseam, so the XL seamer like the right fit, but there was absolutely no stand over height.

Later I landed on a Specialized Turbo Vado 5 and have loved that bike for a variety of reasons. Notably the standover height is great and I feel like the bike is sturdier overall. I have noticed my hands get a little numb on long rides, however, so the geometry of the bike is definitely too aggressive.

Currently I have that Turbo Vado in one state where I live part time and I’m back in another state where I live part time thinking of getting an eBike for this location. I’m thinking of the Verve+ 4 or the Vado 4, currently.

These bikes present the same dilemma, obviously, so I guess I’m wondering how hard it is to correct the handlebar length/height ultimately, since I know I can’t really fix the standover height. I’m using that to help weight out my decision.

Any advice on this dilemma or how to mitigate the handlebar height, swoop back on the Vado would be appreciated.
Go to a step through bike where stand over height is not an issue?

I worry that I’m a little too heavy for those. Additionally I usually need one of the bigger eBikes and most manufacturers don’t carry the bigger bikes in a step through. Even companies like Gazelle.

Back