Hello all that own a Trek!

You can buy a neoprene cover, that's what I use on my allant+ 8. Works a treat. This is the one I got, made by Fahrer:

+1

I posted a photo of this cover on an Allant on following thread:

Planning to take my Trek Verve + 3 in to my dealer for its first post-purchase visit since early July, 5000+ km later. Probably about 140 charging cycles on the battery, a new derailleur after an altercation with a stick in the woods, couple of bent spokes as a result. Changed the chain guard out for a simple guard over the chain ring to make it more accessible. New 11-46 cassette and longer chain. New Redshift seat post and stem, new pedals. New all-season tires.

034E5A65-5DAF-4345-BEC9-F243A282BCE5.jpeg

Hope they will recognize it as one they sold, lol!

Planning to take my Trek Verve + 3 in to my dealer for its first post-purchase visit since early July, 5000+ km later. Probably about 140 charging cycles on the battery, a new derailleur after an altercation with a stick in the woods, couple of bent spokes as a result. Changed the chain guard out for a simple guard over the chain ring to make it more accessible. New 11-46 cassette and longer chain. New Redshift seat post and stem, new pedals. New all-season tires.

View attachment 72216

Wow I keep looking at the snow covered motor. Aren’t you worried about the motor getting wet? I heard the Bosch motors are water proof and all but not sure I would be as confident as you riding through snow that deep.

Wow I keep looking at the snow covered motor. Aren’t you worried about the motor getting wet? I heard the Bosch motors are water proof and all but not sure I would be as confident as you riding through snow that deep.
Konstaninos, this would only be considered deep snow on a sun drenched island somewhere in the Aegean ;) In Canada this is a "light dusting".

I am not at all concerned, maybe I should be? The bike has been bullet-proof in all conditions I have ridden... water, wet snow... I plan to keep riding trusting Trek’s assurances this is an all weather bike. What Alaskan said! I won’t submerge the motor though!

Konstaninos, this would only be considered deep snow on a sun drenched island somewhere in the Aegean ;) In Canada this is a "light dusting".
My toes and fingers would fall off riding in that! just looking at it and I’m shivering. Light rain causes all sorts of commuter problems here on this Aegean island ; a Canadian dusting would be total anarchy🤣

I am not at all concerned, maybe I should be? The bike has been bullet-proof in all conditions I have ridden... water, wet snow... I plan to keep riding trusting Trek’s assurances this is an all weather bike. What Alaskan said! I won’t submerge the motor though!
I don’t know if you should be concerned but probably not I guess since so many emtbs go through much worse. Atleast what I’ve seen them put through on YouTube. Definetly not submerging the motor like Alaskan said sounds about right to my ears. I was also asking because you’re braver than me.

I don’t know if you should be concerned but probably not I guess since so many emtbs go through much worse. Atleast what I’ve seen them put through on YouTube. Definetly not submerging the motor like Alaskan said sounds about right to my ears. I was also asking because you’re braver than me.
My good friend, Makis, who lives in Patras is an avid road biker. He crashed riding the coast road near Zoupas Beach in the spring and got a compound fracture of both radius and ulna, 9 pins and four months off the bike. The poor guys missed the entire summer but he is back now. Iii don't think they get much snow on the Gulf of Corinth either.

View attachment 72216

Oh to be 50 again that I might aspire to becoming some fraction of the rider you are. 👍 👍

for the front I use a Knog PWR Trail - it is powerful has a huge battery capacity and will recharge your phone way faster and better than plugging in to a Bosch display. I mount it under the handlebar snug and as close to the stem as I can.

For the rear light I use an XLite 100 that has an accelerometer and gets brighter when you break. It mounts on the seatpost

Here is a photo where you can see the Knog PWR Trail

View attachment 59347
What did you take that pic with? The clarity and detail is amazing. Very sharp. And tremendous depth of field. 👍

@Akrotiri: All high class mid-motor ebikes have their motors totally enclosed and sealed. No worries.
(I used to ride my Giant Trance E+ and Specialized Vado 5 over so deep water-holes the motors became immersed. I also had a chance to look at the motors with the motor cover/skid plate removed. No serious e-bike manufacturer would make an e-bike that were afraid of water...)

@Akrotiri: All high class mid-motor ebikes have their motors totally enclosed and sealed. No worries.
(I used to ride my Giant Trance E+ and Specialized Vado 5 over so deep water-holes the motors became immersed. I also had a chance to look at the motors with the motor cover/skid plate removed. No serious e-bike manufacturer would make an e-bike that were afraid of water...)
That’s very good to hear because even though most of my riding is on pavement ,here where I am it is quite dusty filled with tiny gravel and arid everywhere. It also rarely rains. In the back of my head I am worried about that fine dust seeping into the motor.

That’s very good to hear because even though most of my riding is on pavement ,here where I am it is quite dusty filled with tiny gravel and arid everywhere. It also rarely rains. In the back of my head I am worried about that fine dust seeping into the motor.
You would be very (positively) surprised indeed. I don't ride in clean conditions either. It is very easy to remove the motor cover in my Vado (I had to do it twice recently for some reasons). After a year of riding the Vado in very different conditions (deep mud, sand, etc), the motor looked like this:

1606137906023.png

The inside of the motor cover accumulated a very small amount of fine dust or dried mud. Improbable, isn't it?

Back