Hello all that own a Trek!

The heat is why I wanted the update to allow me to turn the light off. I need to look into getting a USB rechargeable front and rear flasher also!
for the front I use a Knog PWR Trail - it is powerful has a huge battery capacity and will recharge your phone way faster and better than plugging in to a Bosch display. I mount it under the handlebar snug and as close to the stem as I can.

For the rear light I use an XLite 100 that has an accelerometer and gets brighter when you break. It mounts on the seatpost

Here is a photo where you can see the Knog PWR Trail

20200712_074304 (1).jpg

Nice!

Question: If you last powered down the bike with your lights on, do they stay on by default the next time you turn the power back on on the Purion? Or do you have to turn the lights on separately every time you power back up?

In other words, do the lights default to the state they were in when you last shut down the bike?
I just tested my updated Allant +7 w/Purion and the light remains in the mode it was left in when last turned off.

I got the latest update installed by lbs at no charge. Infact i got chance to play around with bosh software.
There was no option to setup emtb mode for mine bike which is alant+ 9.9s. Infant the dealer and me were both looking for that option.
There is an option to disable light or ability to have option to turn off.
There is another option to select 75nm to 85nm. Mine was at 75 first after update but than manually selected to 85.
The software looks like completely basic, I don’t know why bosh doesn’t allows us to have that software.
The cable that connects to our bike looks like simple micro usb, Not sure it had any dongle front or not.

I got the latest update installed by lbs at no charge. Infact i got chance to play around with bosh software.
There was no option to setup emtb mode for mine bike which is alant+ 9.9s. Infant the dealer and me were both looking for that option.
There is an option to disable light or ability to have option to turn off.
There is another option to select 75nm to 85nm. Mine was at 75 first after update but than manually selected to 85.
The software looks like completely basic, I don’t know why bosh doesn’t allows us to have that software.
The cable that connects to our bike looks like simple micro usb, Not sure it had any dongle front or not.

What little I saw-there was a dongle and the micro-usb. After he looked at the crank arm he mentioned something like “170” and there was a list of options from which he picked one that (I think) included EMTB/85Nm. I didn’t see it all but my guess is that each motor (mines a 2020 PLCX) has its own update possibilities. Given how little real specific bike/motor info is provided by Trek or Bosch, I’m not surprised that they won’t allow users to have that software.

Actually my boss has encouraged me to post more. I have had some interesting life events that have led to me not being able to post as well as 3 other jobs outside of the bike shop to help pay for my addiction to bicycles. I am back at the request of the boss man to try to help everyone and provide as much information as I am capable of.
Have you worked with the Electra Cafe Moto? Have you thots on why mine develops a grinding, gravelly noise when rear braking after 20 or so minutes? brake or Evolo IGH/hub? or ???

Ok, Mr. Wizard! Trek (and Bosch, I believe) say we should remove the RIB when transporting my Allant+7 on a car bike rack. This leaves a gaping hole for dirt/water/mud/snow/ice/etc. to be driven into the empty battery compartment at interstate highway speeds. Yet Trek hasn't said a word about what we are supposed to use to fill/cover this hole.
A. Why haven’t they got a solution?
B. Are they working on one?
C. What do they/you suggest?
D. Whats the worst that could happen if I just leave the battery in place during transport in potentially bad weather?

Ok, Mr. Wizard! Trek (and Bosch, I believe) say we should remove the RIB when transporting my Allant+7 on a car bike rack. This leaves a gaping hole for dirt/water/mud/snow/ice/etc. to be driven into the empty battery compartment at interstate highway speeds. Yet Trek hasn't said a word about what we are supposed to use to fill/cover this hole.
D. Whats the worst that could happen if I just leave the battery in place during transport in potentially bad weather?
This is just what I do with my ebikes while hauling in foul weather. I bought a huge roll of glad cling film to leave in my truck. Might be seran wrap, threw the box away, but the better brands seem to stick better. I remove the battery and display, then I wrap the downtube and empty battery cavity, I also wrap the handlebars where there are wires and connections. Been doing that with ebikes for about 4 years and so far no issues. Cheap and easy. Not very aesthetically pleasing, I know.

This is just what I do with my ebikes while hauling in foul weather. I bought a huge roll of glad cling film to leave in my truck. Might be seran wrap, threw the box away, but the better brands seem to stick better. I remove the battery and display, then I wrap the downtube and empty battery cavity, I also wrap the handlebars where there are wires and connections. Been doing that with ebikes for about 4 years and so far no issues. Cheap and easy. Not very aesthetically pleasing, I know.
I did that once but just used the existing wrap we had. Not sticky enough. I wish you knew what brand yours was. My big concern is big rain storms while on the interstate. Fortunately I have a pickup truck I can use if all else fails.😉

I did that once but just used the existing wrap we had. Not sticky enough. I wish you knew what brand yours was. My big concern is big rain storms while on the interstate. Fortunately I have a pickup truck I can use if all else fails.😉
I share your concern. I use 2 Thule Insta-Gater truck bed racks. I find the bikes get less water and far less road grime while in the bed. Tires tend to throw up a lot of grime from wet roads.

Before using cling film I tried some commercial shrink wrap. The kind used to secure boxes on pallets and such. It was only 4 inch wide though and a lot more expensive. Stickier though. They all seem to require a tight stretch to stick well. You might try a wider roll of that. I'm sure Amazon or a home center sells it. Or an office supply like Staples.

I bet something like this will work: https://tinyurl.com/y4qysfas.
Just not a fan of using this since it's not environmentally friendly.

Ideally, whether it’s cling wrap or thin neoprene closed by velcro, it should be around 21” long just to extend over the opening by an inch or two at top and bottom.

Does anyone know if this would work for that purpose:

It may be that this only fits the Allant+ 9.9s carbon frames and not the lower model aluminum frames. The product title specifically indicates Allant+ 9.9s.

If that would not work, it would be nice if Trek made a clip in version of this:

But for WAY less than $90! :eek:

Without a clip in version of the battery cover, it would probably require purchasing a dummy powertube 625 battery from Bosch (at a mere $100!! :eek:) and then attaching the battery cover to the dummy battery. Here's an example of a dummy battery:

A potential solution (if Trek makes a battery cover that fits)....but at $190 USD all in, it is certainly not a practical solution for what is essentially a simple dust cover to protect the battery contacts.

I agree we need a reasonable battery port cover. I wonder if the product in the first link would serve this purpose. At $25 USD that is certainly a bit more reasonable.

Good finds but I don’t know how you’d attach the cover or if it would be waterproof. Not sure the dummy bat would work with the battery key lock. And I’m sure not spending $190 for the cover/dummy battery combo.

Actually my boss has encouraged me to post more. I have had some interesting life events that have led to me not being able to post as well as 3 other jobs outside of the bike shop to help pay for my addiction to bicycles. I am back at the request of the boss man to try to help everyone and provide as much information as I am capable of.
Dallant has been majorly helpful, but he adapted hid Allant 7 a bit differently than I need. Back ordered bikes of course are still backed up. i have tested the Verve 3 low step and of course fallen in love. Waiting for the allant 7 low step to arrive, was supposed to arrive 2 weeks ago. I need to know if the stem and handlebar can be replaced to emulate the verve to allow me to sit more upright? At 67 and bad back, it will make a difference. Will all of the cables need replaced also. I will love the Verve 3, but for 600.00, the CX and shocks seem worth it.

Dallant has been majorly helpful, but he adapted hid Allant 7 a bit differently than I need. Back ordered bikes of course are still backed up. i have tested the Verve 3 low step and of course fallen in love. Waiting for the allant 7 low step to arrive, was supposed to arrive 2 weeks ago. I need to know if the stem and handlebar can be replaced to emulate the verve to allow me to sit more upright? At 67 and bad back, it will make a difference. Will all of the cables need replaced also. I will love the Verve 3, but for 600.00, the CX and shocks seem worth it.
YES, the stem can certainly be replaced without replacing any cables. Show your Trek dealer this picture of the stem from my wife’s Allant+7 Lowstep. My Trek guy said it’s a Bontrager stem that only dealers can get, which makes no sense to me. The adjustment could have gone higher but the front brake cable may have had to be replaced/lengthened, especially for times when turning hard. We used the original handlebars and using longer/higher ones in combination with that stem might again require replacement/lengthening of the cable(s).
My wife loves it and says it perfectly replicates the upright ride of the Verve+3 she test rode. The Trek guy threw it in with the deal and kept the original stem.
BTW, great choice on the Allant+7! The Verve+3 is a great ebike but the +7 with the better CX, shocks, tires, and frame is just a more complete package for where we want to ride now and into the future. 😎👍
A9B74F78-DC62-4A27-AEED-4247122D4EF8.jpeg
856C556D-DB01-4F25-9CA0-D0FA0910E136.jpeg

Last edited:
YES, the stem can certainly be replaced without replacing any cables. Show your Trek dealer this picture of the stem from my wife’s Allant+7 Lowstep. My Trek guy said it’s a Bontrager stem that only dealers can get, which makes no sense to me. The adjustment could have gone higher but the front brake cable may have had to be replaced/lengthened, especially for times when turning hard. We used the original handlebars and using longer/higher ones in combination with that stem might again require replacement/lengthening of the cable(s).
My wife loves it and says it perfectly replicates the upright ride of the Verve+3 she test rode. The Trek guy threw it in with the deal and kept the original stem.
BTW, great choice on the Allant+7! The Verve+3 is a great ebike but the +7 with the better CX, shocks, tires, and frame is just a more complete package for where we want to ride now and into the future. 😎👍
View attachment 72018View attachment 72019
Well done!

View attachment 72018View attachment 72019
Thanks. Just called Wamsley cycles and apparently it got sold rather than shipped. Still waiting.

You can buy a neoprene cover, that's what I use on my allant+ 8. Works a treat. This is the one I got, made by Fahrer:

Back