TREK-FAZUA MAY BE A LEMON

Thanks again and for the heads up. I've been through northern MI and WI in the fall camping but not on a bike and it was a long time ago so I'll definitely check into weather. Thanks for the hotel info too.

I live in the PNW/Washington and lead lots of road rides. Another rider and I have identical Trek Domane + LT with the Fazua system. We continue to have electrical problems, mostly associated with the remote turning on/off or changing power levels all on its own. My dealer is working with me to try and resolve the issue and understands that if we can't resolve things, he will talk to Trek about me getting some kind of satisfaction.

My friend had a totally opposite reaction from his Trek dealer. He was told that he could not return the bike and that his only recourse was to sell it on some used equipment forum.

We are both very unhappy with this product and urge anyone considering it to be very careful. It is our impression that Fazua may not have used the care to work out all of the bugs before bringing this product to market.

We are both reasonably able-bodied riders, just looking to "cheat" on e.g. hills once in a while and we could ride regular bikes. If a truly disabled rider who has trouble peddling had one of these bikes, and it broke down out in the middle of nowhere, it could be potentially a life-threatening experience.

PLEASE NOTE: this bike also comes with a Bosch motor. We know nothing about the quality of that system other than Bosch is definitely an old-line, reputable German company. But, like all else, do your due diligence before shelling out 5-6000$ for a Trek e-bike.

I bought a $1000 Hurley rear-hub motor bike as a backup and for 1/6th the price of the Trek, it performs just as well.

Signed
A very unhappy customer
I have a Trek Domane with the Fazua motor with thousands of successful miles. It really works as advertised. Your problem can be fixed by adjusting the sensitivity of the remote control. Instructions are on the Fazua website.

I have a Trek Domane with the Fazua motor with thousands of successful miles. It really works as advertised. Your problem can be fixed by adjusting the sensitivity of the remote control. Instructions are on the Fazua website.
The weight and Fazua system of this bike are intriguing, I'd love to have one. Hopefully the OP is still checking to read your post. I read this on the Trek product reviews which seems to be in line with what you posted.
"I noticed the remote seemed to be changing assist modes randomly, and I've seen one other review mentioning this problem. Finally figured out that many times when I stopped—such as at a traffic signal—and straddled the top tube, I was inadvertently brushing the remote, which is very sensitive. "

I had an issue with Trek in 2000. My Trek 5500 Carbon frame cracked. It was a stress crack because Trek failed to radius the end of the slot in the seat tube.

The dealer was very good, unbuilt the bike and sent it back to Trek. I will spare you the unpleasant back and forth, but Trek outright refused to honor the warranty.

I called back one last time and asked to speak to Dick Boone. I was amazed that the operator put me through.

He was very nice, apologized and asked how I would like it painted.

I doubt that in 2022 you will get a response from the top, but if the dealer isn’t solving the problem, I would go to Trek or your state’s attorney. Screwing around with the middle men is often a wasted effort.

Before I committed to a Fazua bike I studied the engineering and the Company. I am happy to say they are excellent. The bike companies not so. If you get a Fazua issue you should deal direct as they will support you. I have done over 14K on mine and its still brilliant both in engineering terms and design.

I like the concept, but having to take the battery out every time you want to charge the battery or turn it on to go for a ride is a big turn-off for me.

Back