Getting on the Hydra band wagon

Went back to 26x4.8, not going to worry with Tannus and just go tubeless. I think the spec is dialed in now. :)
My only concern with this would be the range. With tires that size, I run them at a low psi (they get bouncy if too much air). They are great with a huge patch touching ground, but they are very inefficient. Wouldn’t surprise me at all that if maintaining 20 mph or more and they will be using 30+ watts/mile. I would have some range anxiety with anything over 20 miles.

Looking back a few posts I see that I had promised to post what the Tannus feel like in use - then I promptly forgot about it. I couldn't attribute any certain feel to having them in. Maybe I could perceive something if I rode with them, pulled them out, and rode the same terrain again.

It's comforting to think I could ride home carefully on a flat if one occurred.

Looking back a few posts I see that I had promised to post what the Tannus feel like in use - then I promptly forgot about it. I couldn't attribute any certain feel to having them in. Maybe I could perceive something if I rode with them, pulled them out, and rode the same terrain again.

It's comforting to think I could ride home carefully on a flat if one occurred.
Do you know if they installed the 27.5x2.5 tubeless insert?
Or the 27.5x2.6-3.0 insert with tube?
I did not order mine with armor, but I installed them on my last bike and want to install them on this one.
Thanks

Just installed the tannus insert. Not as easy as when I did my 26x4 tires, but doable. I made the mistake of ordering the tubes from tannus. The ones they sent has none removable cores.

Back