Hydra Order Specs help

Get the 2300w and get the firmware upgrade and software cable. I have a 1500w peak BBSHD motor and when I'm in a rush and hit slight inclines I'm struggling to maintain 30mph on pavement. It gets a little annoying. I wish I had just that little bit extra to maintain a good 30-35mph for when I need it. As far as the firmware upgrades, I would count on Pushkar to never leave well alone. I believe he will continue to improve upon his products and you will reap those rewards with the firmware upgrades.

One other thing no one has mentioned is the convenience of already having the power. Let's say you opt for the low or mid power X1 option, if you find it's not enough and want to upgrade you will have to take out the motor, send it out and wait for the controller to be swapped out and shipped back and then you will have to re-install it. Better to have all the power available and use software programming to turn it down if you feel like it's too much. Cost difference at the point of new bike sale is negligible but down the road an upgrade will cost more down time and money.

I could be wrong but if you go with fat tires (and judging by how you want to use it you probably should) I believe there is only one option for the front fork.

Sorry this is all I can help with.
Better to have and not need than need and not have?

if your going to be riding that fast you will need more than 1000w imho,
the cruiser in my Avatar is 1000w, its quick but nothing crazy, Riding at or around 30mph is cool for 1000w bike but OP sounds like he wants the option to ride well over thirty and to maintain these speeds i think you may need more than 1000w?

A bit overenthusiastic i know but #FatBike #Bafang #+1000w almost puts you on the darkside on EBR #DIY would tip it, #Carbon might trigger them though 🤣so company is always welcome.

Underpinning my suggestions is one thing really, i think you're looking for quite a serious tool for quite serious uses and lo and behold cycling across frozen lakes..... 2300w is about having it and not needing it rather than not having it and needing it; deep snow, hills and fat tyres = power plus you want a little headroom on that power, you can always ride it in low power and know you have that ace in your pocket should you need it i also picked up that you want a bike not a motorbike as you already have one so you're unlikely to rev n rip, Kindernay is rated upto 160Nm yes you could do that from a stop by just using throttle but if that isnt its purpose then i wouldn't worry too much as the torque sensor will do a fine job.

Sorry to do this but...... you might need a second battery, battery+cold=-Ah also higher wattage will be consumed in the colder months in snow, you don't want a flat battery in deep snow miles from home, these things let us go places we probably shouldn't so do it safely.

You're gna have a blast i can see it, 2 dogs belting around in the snow, YEAHHHH. #jelly
I find myself in agreement with you, much to my financial distress. I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that the reason we've not heard from Pushkar is that he's just watching the total continue to rise due to input from the brain trust. Just kidding Pushkar, I have far to much respect for you and know you would pull on the reins if you thought I was heading off into the ditches.

I find myself in agreement with you, much to my financial distress. I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that the reason we've not heard from Pushkar is that he's just watching the total continue to rise due to input from the brain trust. Just kidding Pushkar, I have far to much respect for you and know you would pull on the reins if you thought I was heading off into the ditches.
If you DM him he will respond, he is very busy building Ebikes right now, but he responded to my DM really fast this week.

I'm getting two Helios bikes with the 2300W upgrade and programable cable (founding member). All my computer equipment is Apple, so does that mean I'll have to buy a PC to be able to do any program changes?
I've read, somewhere, that it is possible to convert a MAC to run both. Can anyone comment on this?

if your going to be riding that fast you will need more than 1000w imho,
the cruiser in my Avatar is 1000w, its quick but nothing crazy, Riding at or around 30mph is cool for 1000w bike but OP sounds like he wants the option to ride well over thirty and to maintain these speeds i think you may need more than 1000w?
More like burst speed versus constant. Gotta catch them mutts when their off finding a kid.

My thanks to all of you who chimed in with knowledge, thoughts and advice. After a brief discussion with Pushkar (that man is a dream to work with) we've settled on the specs. Doing the 15" frame (I have a 28" inseam)
with the 2300W Archon X1 upgrade, going with the Shimano 11 Speed, Dominion brakes with the MDRP rotors, Aluminum wheels. For color I'm thinking the raw carbon with a clear coat, anyone seen one of those?

My thanks to all of you who chimed in with knowledge, thoughts and advice. After a brief discussion with Pushkar (that man is a dream to work with) we've settled on the specs. Doing the 15" frame (I have a 28" inseam)
with the 2300W Archon X1 upgrade, going with the Shimano 11 Speed, Dominion brakes with the MDRP rotors, Aluminum wheels. For color I'm thinking the raw carbon with a clear coat, anyone seen one of those?
Fat tires?
Clear carbon is 👍👍
anyone got a link ... is it a cerakote option?

For color I'm thinking the raw carbon with a clear coat, anyone seen one of those?
The UD matte CF used by WW won't look good clear coated. Likewise, it's been said that Cerakote does not recommend clear coating their colors.

This has been discussed. When you think clear coat carbon we imagine the nice weave patterns we've seen on other things. This carbon does not look like that. That's why nearly all of us have opted for paint. :)

As the name implies, it is a ceramic coating.

It's paint. Ceramic particle imbued paint but it's still paint. The word paint is also a verb. It describes a plethora of processes and types of materials. Cerakote wants to say it isn't paint but that's just a quibble to my mind.

It's paint. Ceramic particle imbued paint but it's still paint. The word paint is also a verb. It describes a plethora of processes and types of materials. Cerakote wants to say it isn't paint but that's just a quibble to my mind.
I'm not here to quibble. You can get paint from Pushkar, but it'll cost you more.

Just a comment on the Nextie wheel option: I have built two sets of wheels that use these rims and love them both. My first set I got when Nextie was young, trying to make a name for themselves and they were letting them go cheap. The experience I had with them let me take the plunge on the second set, which I built just a few months ago.

The rims have a deep center channel, and you can unseat the bead of a tire by hand roadside. Not something to take for granted these days. What sealed the deal is there is nothing this size capable of handling so much weight. Assuming WW is using the standard and not the lightweight version of these rims, they have a 250kg weight limit. I could find nothing else in that league and wanted it for the application I was using them for.

They take to tubeless beautifully. I am presently using Vee Snowshoe XLs tubeless and they held air without any sealant just fine for days. With sealant they take about 5 weeks to need a refill. My other set uses tubes and I am running cheapass Arisun fat tires (wire bead) on it. Wire bead tires go on with soap, determination, elbow grease and some bad language.

The fact that they are 90mm wide and give you the fattest of the fat look and are gorgeous besides... that had no bearing on my purchase. Did I mention they are gorgeous?

pxl_20201211_170311048-e1614731410692[1].jpg

Back