Getting my first road ebike - Specialized vs Canyon

Henrikhoe

Region
Europe
Hi i was going to buy the Orbea m30i (not an ebike). But i find after trying my friends ebike that its easier for me to do longer trips.
I have narrowed the search to specialized turbo creo vs canyon endurace:eek:n (not in stock) og grail:eek:n (currently on sale)

Now the specialized i can see power meter data and cadence on my garmin edge, can the grail:eek:n also show that? I havnt found any info that says it can, but maybe im just bad at looking up things.
Is the power meter shown on these bike computers, my own power output, or does it add the power from the motor?
I am really not sure what bikes to get, the specialized is a lot lighter, but the grail:eek:n is much more powerful.
Specaialized i a have local dealer to help me with things.

I live in Europe btw, so they are both restricted to 25km/h.
Thanks for reading, and sharing your insights with me.

Having a dealer close by is a BIG plus when buying an ebike. Both are excellent bikes, so you can't go wrong buying either bike.
If you're worried about the Creo's lower power/torque rating compared to the Grail then you may be happier with the Grail. I have a Cannondale Topstone Neo Lefty 3 with the same motor as the Grail's and I really like how it performs, but at 39 pounds (roughly the same weight as the Grail) I often wish it was lighter.
You also may want to wait for a new model e-road bike with with the new Bosch SX motor.

Canyon is direct to consumer. They say that they use bikerepair.com for service. I recommend that you check on the service end of things before a purchase. A new complex bike could be offline for a long time without good local service. Do they have parts in stock that are specific to the electrical side of your bike, not just mechanical. Do the local technicians know how to replace a bearing in the motor?

Having a dealer close by is a BIG plus when buying an ebike. Both are excellent bikes, so you can't go wrong buying either bike.
If you're worried about the Creo's lower power/torque rating compared to the Grail then you may be happier with the Grail. I have a Cannondale Topstone Neo Lefty 3 with the same motor as the Grail's and I really like how it performs, but at 39 pounds (roughly the same weight as the Grail) I often wish it was lighter.
You also may want to wait for a new model e-road bike with with the new Bosch SX motor.
Do you know any bikes that has been announced with the new bosch sx motor?
I have an old road bike im using daily, and if its better to wait until 2024, maybe that is the better option, especially if there is a big leap

The new Bosch SX motor is coming out in some mountain bikes, but so far I haven't heard of any e-road bikes coming out with this motor.

If the sellers in your area have not started discounting their new inventory, under no circumstances would I buy now. Price discounts are on the way across the industry. Specialized has already started in the USA.

I saw Trek dropped its price on Allant 9.9, and others too. This window is a good time to buy unless you’re waiting on something specific

Do you know any bikes that has been announced with the new bosch sx motor?
I have an old road bike im using daily, and if its better to wait until 2024, maybe that is the better option, especially if there is a big leap
I have the same question, but for gravel bikes.

Back