GenZe 101

Putting on the 40th. charge on the battery now =70miles!! The most yet!! Second bar still flashing , green light still on on the battery. All is still working good. Keep looking up! Ken:

Thank you Mr. Grench.
You could do it too , if you would tell your boss to let you bike to your jobs instead of using an airplane all the time!!:)
Keep looking up ! Ken.

Thank you Mr. Grench.
You could do it too , if you would tell your boss to let you bike to your jobs instead of using an airplane all the time!!:)
Keep looking up ! Ken.
Ya travel is excessive...this is not sustainable! In Charleston WV for the week. No electric bike shops anywhere around?:(

That is a bummer! At least you are not in all the rain they are to get along the coast.
We had the rain last week, must of got a foot of rain in two days. Well keep safe out there, and try to have fun. Ken.

Putting on the 41st. charge on the battery=72! Miles this time.
Second bar still flashing , battery light green.
These miles are not put on all on one ride,( just to make sure everybody knows this). All the charge cycles are for three days at 20+ miles a day. Except for that one 50 mile ride, to see how far I could go in one ride on one charge. So the bike is still doing good. Over 2,300 miles, just checked for loose bolts and pieces. All is good! Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 41st. charge on the battery=72! Miles this time.
Second bar still flashing , battery light green.
These miles are not put on all on one ride,( just to make sure everybody knows this). All the charge cycles are for three days at 20+ miles a day. Except for that one 50 mile ride, to see how far I could go in one ride on one charge. So the bike is still doing good. Over 2,300 miles, just checked for loose bolts and pieces. All is good! Keep looking up! Ken.

GenZe is no more 101. It's now 700 level E-biking course ... :)

Putting on the 42nd. charge on the battery now=72 miles.
All is good . Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 43rd. charge on the battery=40 miles. I did not let it get a full charge this time, had to put two rides on it yesterday , and used pedal assist 5 a lot to get out of the rain, and to fight the wind.
The battery still had two bars up. Just that National Bike Challenge is OVER!!! And I will be sleeping until the day after Halloween . Please wake me up so I can get the discount candy.
So I thought it would be better to have the battery at full charge. Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 44th. charge on the battery now=45 miles, last bar up, battery light still green.
I do not know why it only got 45 miles this time, except that it has set a lot this charge cycle . It has been 12 days, and when I rode I used pedal assist 3 a lot.
Between the end of the national bike Chalange , rebuilding the Schwinn , and our dog dying! I have not been riding a lot.
I did ok in the Chalange . For a busted up( car hit me on my motorcycle 14 years ago) old dude (63).
6,170 miles. From May to the end of September .(4,000 of I put on the Schwinn ,( that plus the 10,000 miles I already had on it is why I have to rebuild it).
161st. Place in the nation.
33rd. Place in Fla.
1st. In Sebastian , Fla. and 1st. On our Team EBR. Go Team.
We are still logging in miles if anybody wants to join in on the fun. Keep looking up ! Ken.

image.jpg Putting on the 45th. charge in the battery now=60 miles. All is still good.
I have had the genZe for five months now. I like it!=2,525 miles on it.
Well I can not resist it any more!
For all you hip Kats and Kittens! A blast from the past. Remember this song was written in 1969 . Listen to the words and see how right they were. Even back then. Ken.

Well putting on the 46th. charge on the battery now=44 miles.
And all is not well. Had to come home in throttle assist. No pedal assist at all.
Heard a snapping sound,( I thought a couple of spokes broke). Than it got real hard to pedal,( windy out too).
Still has throttle mode, the LCD works, everything works except pedal assist .
I could see the torque sensor moving it and out as I pedaled and it is making the snapping noise. It has bent one of the metal forks on the bottom bracket. So I am sure it is the torque censer that is broken. Something that I know nothing about.
Will have to call GenZe tomorrow and see what they say. I hope they will just help me over the phone and find out what they think is wrong with it. And I will send the part back to them and they can send me a new one. I do not want to send the whole bike back.
I did ask them before I bought it what would happen if something whent wrong with it. They said that I would just send it back to them. Oh well I will see. Keep looking up! Ken.

Last edited:
@Ken you may be able to take some pliers and realign the PTS sensor ring so that its rotating straight. Look for a small magnet that may be attached to a metal strip with a wire attached. In correct working order, the sensor and magnet setup should be just a few millimeters apart. Hopefully nothing was broken. BTW make sure the bike is TURNED OFF! if its on, and you get everything lined up and bump those pedals...it will move when you aren't planning for it to. I have verified this through my own personal experience! ;)

Thank you Ann, I will check that out. I looked some at it , but I do not know what I am looking at.
The metal fork pice that was bent a little is connected to the bottom bracket. It has the two plastic nipples going through it on the top and bottom. I guess they are from the torque sensor
I saw a wire coming from the plastic part. I will look again to see if I can find the metal part with magnets on it. Thank you again! Ken.

Last edited:
Well GenZe is doing REAL good so far!:p
Called them up this morning, told them what happened. They said they would look for a shop that was near me that would do the work on the bike . In less then an hour Jason called back and has it all setup with Allen's bike shop in the next town( I have gotten parts and tools from them, so I know them some what). And GenZe will pay for it all.:)
So I am so happy I did not have to ship it back to them. I am very happy so far.:cool:
The wind has picked up here ,20mph. :(I do miss the motor help. Keep looking up! Ken.

:D Well the GenZe is back and ready to Pedal,pedal,Pedal Assist again!:p
GenZe did real good as far as I am concerned:)
They not only replaced the torque sensor , but the complete pedal assembly . Bottom bracket , crank arms. At no cost to me.:rolleyes:
I think , Jason at GenZe did real good for me.
And Travis at Alan's Bicycle Center in Vero Beach. Did a good job putting it together .
Now I just need to ride off into the sunset!!:cool:
Keep looking up ! Ken.

Putting on the 47th. charge on the battery now=46 miles, two bars up.
The new torque sensor must be different then the original one. To average 13 mph. I have to be in pedal assist 5, or burn my legs. I used to be able to average 13mph. even in pedal assist 1. Other then that it is good. Even better then before!
For some reason, that I do not know why. I can now ride this bike with my hands off the handle bars. I have tried manny times before, and could not stay straight for two pedals. Now I just road two miles with hands off. The only thing I can think of is that maybe because the tires are wore down where the knobbies are wore down enough that the little nubs they have in the center of the tires and make them more like road tires.
I want those tires to ware out, so I can put road tires on it.
In case you can not tell - I do not like knobbies !!
Keep looking up! Ken.
I forgot to say ,I found out that there is a power setting for pedal assist too! The manual does not say anything about it at all.
The manual is all but useless !
Courts review says nothing about it either:(
:mad: I had to go on the other ebr,( electric bike reporto_O) to find out about it:eek:.
I used it a little to see how it works. It really wakes up the bike:)
A lot more power:eek: But I guess it would wear things out a lot faster. So I do not use it. It is good to know that it is there though.:cool: Ken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 512
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
Putting on the 48th. charge on the battery now =45 miles, two bars up. Not enough to go for the next ride so I will just charge it now.
Have been riding in no.5 pedal assist. to keep it at a 13 mile average. It is fun not to have to pedal so hard.
All is working good.
I called Jason at GenZe about putting on a double crown front supension fork on the bike.
He said they have tried different supension fork and they do not work on this bike, because it is not designed for supension forks. He has not tried the double crown forks. But I guess they would end up with the same bad results . I guess I will not be trying them. I sure like the way they look. That is the main reason I want to put them on. I do not really need supension , I just like the way look! Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 49th. charge on the battery=46 miles, two bars up. Used pedal assist 5 the whole time. Everything is working good. Keep looking up! Ken.

Back