GenZe 101

Got to 1,000 miles tonight. 2-1/2 months not to bad. No problems at all.
Now on to the next 1,000 miles. Keep looking up! Ken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
nice going Ken, Hows the tread wear on the tires, 1000 miles notice any battery changes, is it as peppy has your first day. I was watching some genze bike commercials on you tube, made by genze the e bike ones are all filmed in downtown & campus area of my hometown where their Tech Center is.

Hi Rich, does the videos bring back good memeries ,all is going good so far. Rear tire is about 1/2 wore out. Front is about 1/3 wore out.
Still getting over 50 miles per charge. And the motor still fills as strong as new, as far as I can tell.
I like it! Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 20th. charge on the battery now =53 miles.
Still working good, might have to adjust the breaks a little .
They still work good. Had to hit them hard yesterday , so I would not get hit by a motorcycle ! Yes even they are trying to take us out now. The rear breaks work so good it locked up the rear tire . I really like these breaks. I think they are just showing some wear for over 1,020 miles.
I will not mention the brand name of the motorcycle . Because JR. might look in on our conversation here. I do not want to get him mad at me. I will just put down HD, nobody will know what that means! Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 21st. charge on the battery now =55 miles. Same thing 2nd. bar still flashing .
On the maintenance forum I posted about how I made wheel weights to balance the wheels . I took the first ride with the wheels balanced, I think I really could feel a difference .
The front wheel was not out of balance to much, but the rear wheel would bounce the whole bike when I had it on the center stand and spin the wheel with the pedals. Now it is nice and smooth! Keep looking up! Ken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 494
Putting on the 22nd. charge on the battery now =53 miles.
Went over the intercostal bridge tonight for the first time . It is as close as it gets to a hill here in Sebastian , FLA. Went up it using pedal assist 3 and 5 gear at 11mph. sitting down. That was fun. More fun coming down 28mph. That most be fun on the big bikes that can do 28mph. on the flat road . But how could ever ride a non ebike again?
I think,if I can think of some way to get the GenZe , our dog, and the stuff we need. In the Rav 4 we have. I might ask my wife if we can go to are friends up in NC. That way I could go and ride The Tail of The Dragon! I think that would be a fun ride on an ebike.
For those of you that do not know The Dragon Tail Ride it is just 11 miles long, BUT!!!! In has 318 turns! Now that is FUN !
Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 23rd. charge on the battery now=55 miles, the second bar still flashing . All is good.
Rotated the tires the other day, no problems . Took about 1/2 hour or maybe 3/4. Always forget to check the time.
I want to get ride of these knobbies , when they are wore out. So this way they will both be wore out .
I like street tires. I gave up riding in the dirt when I was a kid.
These knobbies do not work in this surger sand we have down here anyway. I have had the front tire washout on me twice in that sand! Not much fun. Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 24th. charge on the battery now =52 miles. All is good.
Adjusted the breaks. The right way this time! Can not just take up slack in the cable. Have to adjust the rear pad too. When the rear pad wears down to much the rotor flexes to much when you alppy the breaks, and comes in contact with the calaper . And makes all that nasty noise that I do not like!
But all is good now! Stops good, NO NOISE !!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 25th. charge on the battery now=53 miles.
All is still working good. No problems. Keep looking up. Ken

Putting on the 26th. charge on the battery now =50 miles.
I do not know what happen this time, it was only 50 miles and the battery was the lowest it has ever been, just the last bar showing. I used to get 55 miles and still have the second bar still flashing. I hope the last charge did not go just right. Or the battery is on its way down hill. Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 26th. charge on the battery now =50 miles.
I do not know what happen this time, it was only 50 miles and the battery was the lowest it has ever been, just the last bar showing. I used to get 55 miles and still have the second bar still flashing. I hope the last charge did not go just right. Or the battery is on its way down hill. Keep looking up! Ken.

Great stuff Ken.
On a side note, it's not a good idea to run GenZe battery all the way down can reduce the battery life span.
Take a look at this pic from Battery University. Last bar blinking = roughly 10% Depth of Discharge. So # of cycles go down.
But nevertheless, keep looking up and set a new benchmark for CONSISTENCY ;)

DoD.JPG

Thank you Ravi, Yes I have never had the last bar anyway close to blinking.
This time was the first time that the second bar was still not blinking . The last bar was still solid . Thanks again for the info. Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 27th. charge on the battery now=56 miles!! Second bar still flashing. Go figure. I go from the least amount of miles to the most amount of miles per charge.
The only thing I can thing of is the charger does not charge right at times.
Or maybe it is because of the cooler weather I got to ride in this time. Got to ride after rain storms, a lot cooler 75* in stead of 90*. Praise The Lord for fenders!! It is so nice to ride in the cool of the after rain weather without the worry of the wet stripe up your back. Keep looking up ! Ken.

Putting on the 28th. charge no the battery=57 miles. The last bar is still solid. All is good.
I did mess around in throttle mode four times. I got the idea from George S. He said he pedal backwards in throttle mode when some body calls him a cheater.
There is an open air biker bar along the river road I ride on all the time. So I thought it would be fun to mess with them. So when I go past them I have it in throttle mode and pedal backwards. I do not know if anybody even notices , as I do not look over at them, but I have fun anyway !
Even at 63 I still have to rebel some how. The Lord will forgive me. Keep looking up! Ken.

Hello,

I am a new member to this website and an active searcher for an e-bike. It is my first ebike and so I am very careful in choosing and categorizing what I actually need for daily use. I am a novice to e-bikes & regular bikes in general, so please be patient with me :)

My choice came down to Genze e101 and Rad Power Rover, which are both priced at $1499.00 (But Rad Rover's shipping costs an extra $195). I read all of Ken's posts and it sounded great - it has stability, and consistency (thanks to Ken's daily use, I saw more posts from a general user than any other e-bikes out there). However, I was curious as to why you had to replace your tire so early in your purchase? I see that you rode a lot, but a set of tires won't last 1,000 miles?

And the lack of comfort while riding is a bit of concern too, as Rad Rover provides much comfort with shocks & fat tires, which I am not a huge fan of because I will be riding mostly on street.

Hi Chan. Glad you are here, you will me able to learn a lot here.
Yes, I do this long term review of the GenZe 101 so people will be able to see how good or bad the bike truns out to be.
I have over 1,400 miles on it now in just three months. And I have to say nothing but good about it so far.
I have not replaced the tires yet, I have just rotated them so they wear out the same. Because I want to put street tires on it.they are about 1/2 way wore out. Like you I only ride on the streets. I do not like knobbies .
You do lean forward a lot on this bike, but I see they make it now with higher handle bars, that look like will give a better up right position.
I got this from Amazon in May , and shipping to FLA. was $50 then. I do not know if it is the same now or not.
If there is anyway I can help you just let me know. Keep looking up! Ken.

Ok Ravi! This one is for you! I road this battery charge in pedal assist two.

Ok putting on the 29th. charge on the battery=63 miles!!! Second bar still comes up when I stopped .
All is good. I have forgot to put in that I have did the 1,400 mile chain clean and lube, and shift moving points. All is good. Keep looking up ! Ken.

Back