GenZe 101

image.jpg image.jpg Put the 4th. charge on it yesterday -50 miles on last charge.
The charger is working ok, just took a long time last time for some reason. Did not get a full charge last time and still got 50 miles with the second bar still flashing. All is good!
Got the fenders on, the cable lock, and new hand grips. They are just Walmart cheapBell ergo grips, but they are ok, softer and stickier that the stock ones. I hit another dip I did not see, and my hand did not come off the bar. So I guess they are good. Keep looking up! Ken.

Put the 5th. charge on it last night. Got 52 miles, with second bar still flashing . Rode 7 miles in PAS 5, that was fun, but used to much of the battery . I like getting over 50 miles per charge. Will continue to use 3&4 assist . Bike is still working good.
I like the fenders on it, the way they look. Haven't had it out on wet roads yet, to see how they work. I like the grips too , the more I use them I like them better. And the cable lock, I do not know if I will ever have the courage to let it out of my site to use the lock at all . Keep looking up! Ken.

Do yourself a favor, don't ride it in the rain. I've seen these things after a few "weather cycles". It's a big worthless pile of rust. Very cheap components, everything comes from Korea/China, absolutely no US design features or quality checks (Genze just imports these bikes). If you happen to get one with the brakes functioning, the forks straight, the tensioners adjusted properly, you pretty much won the quality lottery. The paint is real thin as well, low quality stuff with no protective clear coat, will flake off very easily.

If you happen to be out of range of their "repair network" (which to my knowledge does not consist of any bike repair places) you are basically out of luck if you have issues. "Maybe" they can send you new parts, but you'll be on your own getting them installed.

I have to admit that I was surprised when I got it and was setting it up that the brakes, derailler , were all set up good.
There is no wobble in either wheel , or the freewheel .
Maybe the front fork could be bent. Might explain why I can not ride it with both hands off the handlebars. But I did not think to check for bent forks. Everything rusts, the paint is ok so far. Been in two showers so far. For $1,500 you can not expect much these days. Keep looking up! Ken.

Got the 7th. charge going on the battery right now.= 55 miles 2nd. bar still flashing. All is still good.

Got a good surprise today! A call from GenZe. They read my review on amazon. And wanted to know about why I could not get a reply from there service department , I told her that I called twice a day for three days, left five messages, one e-mail, and no reply. That was three weeks ago . She put the head tech on the phone, and he answered all my questions I had.
Then later in the day, one of the head guys from Mahindra, called me. That is the mother company of GenZe. He wanted to make sure I was taken care of in the best way the company could do for me. I thought that was very nice of him.
Keep looking up! Ken.

Do yourself a favor, don't ride it in the rain. I've seen these things after a few "weather cycles". It's a big worthless pile of rust. Very cheap components, everything comes from Korea/China, absolutely no US design features or quality checks (Genze just imports these bikes). If you happen to get one with the brakes functioning, the forks straight, the tensioners adjusted properly, you pretty much won the quality lottery. The paint is real thin as well, low quality stuff with no protective clear coat, will flake off very easily.

If you happen to be out of range of their "repair network" (which to my knowledge does not consist of any bike repair places) you are basically out of luck if you have issues. "Maybe" they can send you new parts, but you'll be on your own getting them installed.
Careful man your are addressing the Captain of our team...and the EBike with the leadership of the EBR team on The National Bike challenge. He can ride in the rain if he wants to! Go get em Ken!

Grench , you make me smile more and more! My friend , You Are The Man! Keep looking up ! Ken.

Did the 400 mile chain clean and relube , lubed the moving parts. Cheeked it over, all looks good . Ready for the next 200 miles. Keep looking up! Ken.

Ken,
I've been enjoying your updates.
My wife is enjoying hers, mostly on easy single track! The bike even took a nasty spill in stride.
Aside: When I test rode your model, I couldn't ride hands free. It's the geometry of the beast. Not a bent fork or anything. Riding no hands on my Emotion 650b is easy but it's not such a forward leaning position.
Ignore comments by evenger. His negative opinions sound elitist. Genze builds a competitive entry level, purpose built e-bike, as you've discovered.
Good to hear the company responded. They're building a network in a crowded, low volume field and doing ok in my book too.

Hi Alan, thank you for your input! I hope your wife is ok after the fall. It is never any fun , even if it is just a litte tip over, which it does not sound like that is what your wife had.
I did not think that the forks were bent, but you never know . I am no alignment expert, but I do know how to check them. I check them every way I know how and they are straight .
You can tell he does not know anything about paint either. Thick paint chips easier, and weighs more too.
I am enjoying it very much, it is a good bike.
I like that the brakes are cable controled , no oil leaks. I have over 400 miles on it and not one squeal out of them.
Yes GenZe was very sorry about how they messed up on replying to my phone calls . All is good now. Keep looking up! Ken.

Hey,Hey. Lookee Here! What GenZe sent me as a thank you gift, for them not calling me back. A drinking cup, and a back pack bag. I thought that was very nice of them. They did not have to send me anything . I was not excepting anything . They are really trying ! Keep looking up! Ken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 517
Put the 9th. charge on the battery yesterday = 53 miles! All is still good. Had to tighten the shifter cable about 1/4 trun. Shifts spot on again. Keep looking up! Ken.

Ok, putting on the tenth charge on the battery right now! All is good. Over 530 miles, doing good , even in this 90+* weather. This has been a hot month of June for us here in Sebastian , Fla. As long as the big winds stay away. It will be good. Ken.

Putting the 11th. charge on the battery now=53 miles. Second bar not even flashing , still solid this time.
Did the 600 mile oil change and chassis lube too. All is good.

Putting in the 12th charge in the battery now=40 miles .
Went on a 25 mile trip with it this afternoon , and I want to do it again tomorrow . So I had to run down the battery enough so I could recharge it. So the last 12 miles of the trip I used the number 5 assist . That was fun, I had a 15 to 20 mph. head wind, and I could still go at 12 to 13 mph. with just a little pressure on the pedales. Just like having a tail wind all the time . No wonder people like these e-bikes! Some fun for sure. Ken.

Thank you very much Tara D. Yes I will,( maybe), put another 25 on tonight.
I put 51 miles on the Schwinn this moring. So I do not know if my old broken up, wore out body will be able to do another ride tonight . We will see. Thank you . Ken.

Ken, I'm really impressed with the mileage your getting out of your bike, it seems like a small battery to get 50+ miles, what setting are you using, and how much do you weight that's a key question. Im interested in buying a new electric bike, and the reviews are glowing for this bike, there engineering office in Michigan is 6 miles from my house, but I believe its more for the scooter at that facility. is it hard to pedal, I have a ezip trailz right now with lead battery's which puts the bike with both batterys on the bike at about 100lbs. and of course the batterys don't last long, and my heart is not the greatest at all. I live about 6 miles from my city, I use to be able to ride about 36 miles with both batterys now that they are old I can only go about 12 miles using both of them. but your lithium battery even though its small is getting excellent distance, seems to be getting better distance than some of the bigger size battery. thanks for your time.

Back