GenZe 101

Putting on the 72nd. charge on the battery=46 miles. Two bars up. Everything is working good. Keep looking up! Ken:

image.jpg image.jpg Hi all, I will not be updating as often as I have been. Only when something happens, bad or good to the bike.
Att raised the Internet fee up to over $47 , and I am not going to pay that much. So I will drop by the library when I need to update something .
So instead of spending +$47 I spent over $86 for two seats. One for the GenZe and one for the gas bike + I need a front tire for the Schwinn . A never ending story!
I am glad I did! What a difference. The leather seat might be harder on the sit bones, :confused:but the springs are WAY better on the back bones!:p
I took the gas bike out for a ride with the new seat on, what a difference it makes on that bike!:D
Not only does it smooth out the road bumps, but it took away almost all the vibration from the engine:D!
I like the way they look too! Hope they hold up good!

Putting on the 75th. charge on the battery =45 miles. Two bars up. All is good.
Keep looking up! Ken.

Hi all,
Well the GenZe it a year old now!
Very disappointed in the odometer ! I have over 4,300 miles on the bike but the odometer always goes back to 4,095.
I called the warranty department at GenZe, and they say there is nothing wrong with it, it is made that way, and I said you think there is nothing wrong with an odometer that stops adding the miles.

Also , the spokes are way rusted, they won't warranty them either. The Schwinn that I have is over three years old and the spokes are not half as rusted.

I think this will be my last update here.
It is a good bike for the short term, and if you do not care about keeping count of your miles pased 4,095.
Keep looking up! Ken.

Hi all,
Well the GenZe it a year old now!
Very disappointed in the odometer ! I have over 4,300 miles on the bike but the odometer always goes back to 4,095.
I called the warranty department at GenZe, and they say there is nothing wrong with it, it is made that way, and I said you think there is nothing wrong with an odometer that stops adding the miles.

Also , the spokes are way rusted, they won't warranty them either. The Schwinn that I have is over three years old and the spokes are not half as rusted.

I think this will be my last update here.
It is a good bike for the short term, and if you do not care about keeping count of your miles pased 4,095.
Keep looking up! Ken.
Nice to hear from you Ken. Keep logging those miles even if you go back to the SchWin! I miss your updates.

Pretty crazy ATT always raising prices. The library is fun anyway! You will surely find something good to read while there as well double win :) And that is disappointing about the odometer on the GenZe!

Hi, all.
I could not get back on the forum with my old ID and password , so I had to get a new one.

The 101 has about 9,000 miles on it, or so. Can't really tell with the odometer not working.

The battery is not holding a charge very good anymore . Have to baby it to get 20 milles on a charge.
I was under the opinion that they were good for 1,000 charges. I have 270 charges. And the red light on the charge meter has never been on.

Well I guess that is it for now.
I guess all the people I used to know are no longer here .
Keep looking up! Ken.

Last edited:
Hi, all.
I could not get back on the forum with my old ID and password , so I had to get a new one.

The 101 has about 7,000 miles on it, or so. Can't really tell with the odometer not working.

The battery is not holding a charge very good anymore . Have to baby it to get 20 milles on a charge.
I was under the opinion that they were good for 1,000 charges. I have 270 charges. And the red light on the charge meter has never been on.

Well I guess that is it for now.
I guess all the people I used to know are no longer here .
Keep looking up! Ken.

Not all gone! I wondered what ever happened to you. Good to know the old bike is still rolling. How have you been? Stay safe in these troubled times.

Hi,JR !!!
Glad to hear from you.
We are ok, my wife is having a little trouble with an open wound on her foot that has gotten infected !
The doctors down here need more practice. God is in control.
Other than that all is good.

How are you? Still got your Harley ?
Glad you are still here. YOU ARE ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS !!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Hi,JR !!!
Glad to hear from you.
We are ok, my wife is having a little trouble with an open wound on her foot that has gotten infected !
The doctors down here need more practice. God is in control.
Other than that all is good.

How are you? Still got your Harley ?
Glad you are still here. YOU ARE ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS !!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Still got the Harley. I'm well. There's a few of us old timers still on the forum. I've missed reading about your epic rides down there in Fla. We are experiencing an early spring up north.

I am looking up. You too!

Hi. Ravi.
Glad you are still out there too!
YOU ARE ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS TOO!!
Still out there putting on those LONG rides?
Hope all is well. Keep safe. Love those down hill runs!
Keep looking up. Ken.

Hi, All.
Well the GenZe is five years and two weeks old, 319 charges, and 10,000 miles!!
If not for the weak battery, and all the rust on the spokes, and the other metal screws and parts! I would be happy with it!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Last edited:
Hi, All.
Well the GenZe is one year and two weeks old, 319 charges, and 10,000 miles!!
If not for the weak battery, and all the rust on the spokes, and the other metal screws and parts! I would be happy with it!
Keep looking up! Ken.
We should all be so lucky to get 10,000 s-miles from any ebike!

Well, another year.
The GenZe is still plunging along. 13,547 miles. Get about 18 t0 20 miles to a charge, depending on how much wind is blowing. On number 3 assist.
489 charges, still rusting, Other than that it is cherry !
Keep looking up! Ken.

These great posts by Ken. M convinced me to buy a 2nd Genze 102 for my in-laws (they live in great biking territory but very hilly). I've got about 1000 miles on my home 102 (not my main bike-- I prefer my Colnago aluminum road bike) without any problems. Sad they are leaving the marker but I picked up a nearly new for $799, if I can get a fraction of what Ken.M got on his bike I'll be happy.

Glad I helped in at least a small way. That was the idea fo doing the real life review. To help other people know how it holds up. Yes , to bad about GenZe going out of business. But does that make our bikes collector items?
Keep looking up! Ken.

Well not looking good today.
The bike worked fine yesterday, Today the display unit says Error 15, and nothing electron works, no motor help, no speedometer, nothing. I have a feeling that it is the torque sensor at the bottom bracket. But I don't know forsure. Anybody know what the error code 15 means?
No fun peddling a 40 pound bike! I might be done if I can't fix it myself. Not going to pay some shop $100 an hour to fix it. Oh well !
Keep looking up! Ken.

Looks like the beginning of the end.
Mike Majors, the owner of the Electric Bike Shop in Sacramento, Calif. Told me that error code 15 means - Motor Controller/ Display Communication Malfunction.
He was supposed to get back to me if he had the parts I needed. No word so far. I probably could not afford it anyway. Probably two or three hundred dollars. Then in less then two years I expect the battery to give out. Another three to four hundred dollars. This is not a poor mans hobby.
I could just take out the battery, and strip out the rear wheel of the motor. But it would still weigh 30 some pounds. Not what a threescore and nine year old wants to Pedal around. Oh well, this night be my last installment of the review. Keep looking up! Ken.

Looks like the beginning of the end.
Mike Majors, the owner of the Electric Bike Shop in Sacramento, Calif. Told me that error code 15 means - Motor Controller/ Display Communication Malfunction.
He was supposed to get back to me if he had the parts I needed. No word so far. I probably could not afford it anyway. Probably two or three hundred dollars. Then in less then two years I expect the battery to give out. Another three to four hundred dollars. This is not a poor mans hobby.
I could just take out the battery, and strip out the rear wheel of the motor. But it would still weigh 30 some pounds. Not what a threescore and nine year old wants to Pedal around. Oh well, this night be my last installment of the review. Keep looking up! Ken.
Dave Wolfe from Charity Bikes been really helpful sending me a torque sensor replacement. He works on a lot of GenZe bikes and still able to get parts from them.

Dave Wolfe from Charity Bikes been really helpful sending me a torque sensor replacement. He works on a lot of GenZe bikes and still able to get parts from them.
Thank you! I was thinking about getting it touch with him. But I figured I couldn't afford the parts I might need anyway. Thanks again. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Keep looking up! Ken.

Thank you! I was thinking about getting it touch with him. But I figured I couldn't afford the parts I might need anyway. Thanks again. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Keep looking up! Ken.
best to call him, i tried emailing him first but that went nowhere, haha. I got a working replacement torque sensor for $20 pre-shipped. I also asked the prices for other parts. I think the controller was $50-$70 and the LCD screen was less then that.

Back