GenZe 101

Putting on the 50 charge on the battery=46 miles. Two bars up. Everything is doing good. Adjusted the brakes again, everything looks good, pedal , pedal, pedal . Assist!
Keep looking up! Ken.

KenM, thanks for the posts, they are like a long term update on the Motor Week TV show. Many bikes have gone to 48 volt. And in the same price category as http://store.genze.com is Radpower bikes. They use 750 watt motors. When I see riders on YouTube with lower watt systems, they really are huffing and puffing to get their ride in. I guess this is all just the hallmarks of time. These Ebikes are like desktop computers were in the old days. Afraid to buy anything for fear it will be improved on and I will then miss that.

Yes, you are right about that. The march is on!
I like the GenZe set up, with the small motor and battery the bike is a lot lighter then the big bikes, so it can go farther. And that is what I wanted. I did not want to have to charge the battery everytime I ride it. I can get two or three 20+ mile rides before I have to charge it.
I have been in pedal assist 5 sense the torque senser was changed . I do not have to pedal hard anymore . It is not a fast bike anyway, but my speed days are behind me now too.
I like it, it is good for me. I would get another one if I need a new bike. But with the good help I get from the GenZe people I thing this one will last for a long time.
Thank you, Jim for your thoughts. That is why I am doing this long term review to help other people that might be interested in a GenZe bike. Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 52nd. charge on the battery=40 miles. Two bars up. Had to cut the ride short,( rain) . Not enough charge left for another ride , so I will charge it up now. All is good.
I really did this Friday, just forgot to post it till now.

You guys should of helped me!!! I am going over to to DARK side.
I found out how cheep the gas kits are for bikes, under $150. I got an old Huffy road bike for $20.
$15 for new shifter cables, everything else is ok. So for less then $200 I will have my first Gasser!!
Putting it together now, the kits are very low quality ! Put it is fun to do , so far.
I kept the drop bars and have the throttle set up on the flat part of the bars. This is going to be neat!!
I hope Ann M does not ban me from here now:rolleyes:
Keep looking up! Ken.

Thank you Mr. Grench . Are you home yet??? You better get some miles on! You know Thanksgiving is almost here!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 53rd. charge on the battery=45 miles. Two bars still up. Everything is working good .
It is nice to be able to ride a motor asstisted bike for thousands of miles without any problems. I have not even put any gas in the gas bike, and I already know the problems that are just down the road. It will be like the guys on their 1903 motorcycles. You have to be continually working on them. Oh well, I had to have one.
Pray for me as I get ready to do the maiden ride after Thanksgiving . We are going away, and not sure when we will be back. But will try it then. Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 54 charge on the battery=43 miles. Second bar still up. All is good, checked for loose bolts. Could not even find a single thing loose.
I went for the maiden ride, and a couple other rides. On the gas bike. And I have had to tighten just about everything . And I do not think that it vibrates that bad either.
It is strange to ride a bike without pedaling ! Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 56th. charge on the battery=44 miles. Two bars still up. Running good. Have 3,000 miles on it now. All is good.
I have had two tip overs ,( in sand), in these 3,000 miles. No damage! I have less then 20 miles on the gas bike and already fell over today,( went to start it and it hit compression and the rear wheel skidded to a stop and over I went).
Got a small tear in the seat, a small tear in my elbow, sore hip gas on my pants and sock. We found out that gas/oil mix stains real good. Used degreaser, soap, vinegar , will not come out.
My wife does not like the gas bike so far .
Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting ot the 57th. charge on the battery=44 miles. Two bars still up. Running good.
I guess it is time to rotate the tires again.Should be the last time. Another thousand or two miles, and they should be wore out and I can get rid of those tires and get a nice set of street tires! Keep looking up! Ken.

Ken hope you have a great day riding and enjoy that warm Florida weather! Having a winter storm here! Shoveling not riding for me haha

OH NO !!! Snow, what is this snow you speak of!!:rolleyes:
Man it is STILL in the 80s here. Too hot for this time of year,
I grew up in the western part of New Jersey. I miss the snow.
But not shoveling it:( Be careful up there . But have fun in the snow too, skiing ,sled riding, ice skating :p! Keep looking up! Ken.:cool:

Putting on the 58th. Charge on the battery=37 miles. Two bars up. Had to cut the ride short today, and not enough charge left for another ride.
I rode in the power mode today, because I knew I would only put on 15 miles. Do not like it that much. The assist comes on more like an off and on switch,instead of smoth like in normal assist. Road in power assist 3 and could go 13 and 14 mph.

I got to do something else to it besides just adjust the brakes:p
When I rotated the tires, I was putting the rear wheel back on and saw in had a little wobble . So I got to true the rear wheel back up to snuff !:D
Keep looking up! Ken.

Put on the 59th. charge on the battery=44 miles . Only one bar up this time, do not know why. All is in good shape for the shape we are in!
Merry Christmas ! Everybody ! Keep safe. Ken .

Putting on the 60th. charge on the battery now=44 miles. Only one bar left. I think I will go back to charging the battery all the way up. This having to worry about just being able to get 44 miles and having enough charge to make it. All is good with the bike. Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting on the 61st. charge on the battery=48miles. Two bars up. All is good.
Have not ridden much this month. My wife has been sick, so stayed home to help her. She is almost better now! So I can start to get back on the ride again.
Two weeks without ridding , it has been five years since I have not ridden for that long : I have been out on the gas bike, but can not count that, only 1/2 hour at a time. I have been to the hardware store three times with the GenZe, to get bolts to keep the gas bike together . But that is only a four mile round trip. Oh well! Keep looking up! Ken.

Back