Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

1631904922902.png

Just to double check before I contact the supplier to change it to 190mm, they said theyd put in a 197mm dropout idk if that makes a difference. Also why do you need a 190mm vs 177mm would it not align correctly with the front cog?

from what I found 190 and 197 is the same thing.... Just depends on where they measure it from. Anyways the 190 mm speed hub is what you need if you want to put it on the md1000 so that it fits in the dropouts properly. And yes the gates 22t needs to line up properly too

This is the exact model, it looks like I would need to get the e-14 addon separate. Can you retrofit the e-14 onto the MD1000 with the rohloff 500/14XL?
Short answer, no you can not retrofit an E14 to a non-Bosch (perhaps one other brand) powered Ebike. This is unlikely to change in the near future. The IGH KOOB referenced is the one Leili provides on the MD 1000. They told me they ordered 50 and have sold 35 MD1000's equipped with the Rolhoff 14. If ordering new, I would definitely go that way rather than doing my own retrofit ... it's cheaper for one thing and no bloody knuckles. :)

from what I found 190 and 197 is the same thing.... Just depends on where they measure it from. Anyways the 190 mm speed hub is what you need if you want to put it on the md1000 so that it fits in the dropouts properly. And yes the gates 22t needs to line up properly too
Ok I am just double checking with the vendor but the 8097ZXXL is in fact 190mm, when I was searching "8097ZXXL" on google it showed "8097ZXL" which is 177mm. I am fine with a manual rohloff, Ill just be very careful.

Confirmed its 197mm with the vendor.

pictures if they havent already been released.

Attachments

• 8d0929b2900205fd38b0d3cde93e62c2.jpg
    8d0929b2900205fd38b0d3cde93e62c2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 858273d6102568ef9877344eee3435ab.jpg
    858273d6102568ef9877344eee3435ab.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 0953962c873ab28c6f409baf8c73f2db.jpg
    0953962c873ab28c6f409baf8c73f2db.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 205
  • d7210cd110a046e3d1e96fb4320ac9fa.jpg
    d7210cd110a046e3d1e96fb4320ac9fa.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Ok I am just double checking with the vendor but the 8097ZXXL is in fact 190mm, when I was searching "8097ZXXL" on google it showed "8097ZXL" which is 177mm. I am fine with a manual rohloff, Ill just be very careful.

Confirmed its 197mm with the vendor.

pictures if they havent already been released

First impression of the Rohloff equipped MD 1000 ... paint the aluminum billets to match the frame. They sent me the same raw billets with the SRAM rear wheel kit. I used a generic flat black paint and it looks okay but installed on the bike they should ship out painted.

Yeah, I think that is the MD 1000 model to get. Looking forward to comments about these bikes with that drivetrain. :cool:

Last edited:
I haven’t even received my bike yet but I had an email today that Alibaba have released all the funds as I haven’t confirmed the shipment nor requested a refund within the given time period. Something for anyone else ordering to keep an eye on as global shipping delays are only going to increase.

I haven’t even received my bike yet but I had an email today that Alibaba have released all the funds as I haven’t confirmed the shipment nor requested a refund within the given time period. Something for anyone else ordering to keep an eye on as global shipping delays are only going to increase.
I was told 50 days of shipping when they ship out in December. Also Im west coast and close to a port so that may help.

I think you can extend the time to confirm receipt but then after that Alibaba refunds order.

I was told 50 days of shipping when they ship out in December. Also Im west coast and close to a port so that may help.

I think you can extend the time to confirm receipt but then after that Alibaba refunds order.
My bike was shipped on the 23rd of July and was received at the port on the 20th of September. With the increase due to Christmas and port backlogs I would imagine it would now take much longer.

So far the other issues with this bike I've been reading have been the axle breaking (easy fix), the seat post breaking(catastrophic failure), and the kickstand breaking(major fix). Have those issues largely been resolved or is it rare? Would anyone of you still order this bike having known about these issues? I'm hoping the QA has improved based on the feedback everyone has provided (for example Changzhou Leili has discounted SA IGH).

Also for payment I put down a 50% deposit do I wait until the bike is received before paying the rest?

Last edited:
So far the other issues with this bike I've been reading have been the axle breaking (easy fix), the seat post breaking(catastrophic failure), and the kickstand breaking(major fix). Have those issues largely been resolved or is it rare? Would anyone of you still order this bike having known about these issues? I'm hoping the QA has improved based on the feedback everyone has provided (for example Changzhou Leili has discounted SA IGH).

Also for payment I put down a 50% deposit do I wait until the bike is received before paying the rest?
IMO, the axel issues were related to the SA IGH and should be considered part of that configuration. The seatpost issue was limited to an early batch of frames and seems to be resolved. I'm tall and had the seatpost at full extension putting the seatpost under maximum torque with no issues at all. This bike is heavy and if it's ridden serious down hill real mountain bike on difficult single track trails, it will have issues. I would avoid the SA IGH at any price. Frankly it is a piece of junk clearly not designed for use on a big powerful machine like the MD 1000.

I think of it more as a "adventure bike" capable of going many places and doing so with lots of power and in relative comfort. I have regrets about selling mine as the swapped out SRAM drivetrain was working well and it is a very fun, fast and cool looking ride that for me size appropriate (tall man on a tall bike). I came very close to ordering another MD 1000 with the Rholloff IGH and I am still considering it. I'm in no hurry and will be waiting for a few early adopters (like you) to give it a good going through and report here.

IMO, the axel issues were related to the SA IGH and should be considered part of that configuration. The seatpost issue was limited to an early batch of frames and seems to be resolved. I'm tall and had the seatpost at full extension putting the seatpost under maximum torque with no issues at all. This bike is heavy and if it's ridden serious down hill real mountain bike on difficult single track trails, it will have issues. I would avoid the SA IGH at any price. Frankly it is a piece of junk clearly not designed for use on a big powerful machine like the MD 1000.

I think of it more as a "adventure bike" capable of going many places and doing so with lots of power and in relative comfort. I have regrets about selling mine as the swapped out SRAM drivetrain was working well and it is a very fun, fast and cool looking ride that for me size appropriate (tall man on a tall bike). I came very close to ordering another MD 1000 with the Rholloff IGH and I am still considering it. I'm in no hurry and will be waiting for a few early adopters (like you) to give it a good going through and report here.
I plan on taking on fire roads/atv roads. Moderate incline with no serious jumps or steep downgrade.

I've also summarized a few improvements that I could do based on this thread

1)Locktite every fasteners(like front basket)
2)diaelectric grease electrical connections (for an electric bike to protect from rain)
3)gear is important, when it comes to shifting but also climbing in a single gear is bad due to motor overheating or going down hill at high rpm and no pedal assist causes excess heat

I plan on taking on fire roads/atv roads. Moderate incline with no serious jumps or steep downgrade.

I've also summarized a few improvements that I could do based on this thread

1)Locktite every fasteners(like front basket)
2)diaelectric grease electrical connections (for an electric bike to protect from rain)
3)gear is important, when it comes to shifting but also climbing in a single gear is bad due to motor overheating or going down hill at high rpm and no pedal assist causes excess heat
I agree with all 3 points. The Rholoff gives you 14 gears and you won't regularly use them all. 2nd -5th will be the climbing gears and I seldom use 13th or 14th although it would be fun to see the top speed in 14th gear unlocked pedaling using highest level of PAS and/or full throttle. That would be a holy S#!T moment ...

Has anyone installed a double kickstand on the bike? It seems a better idea with the weight of the bike and the report of the default stand breaking off.

C'est génial frère ! Je suis vraiment contente pour toi et j'ai hâte de voir les photos. Vous avez travaillé dur pour surmonter tous les problèmes que vous avez rencontrés et méritez vraiment de vous amuser bientôt sur votre vélo !????
Voici Terry quelques photos de ma MD 1000 enfin récupérée après les problèmes de ma jante abîmée le changement du BMS sur les batteries et l'axe de moyeu cassé, je vais enfin pouvoir rouler avec et en profiter... J'espère tout ça va pour toi Terry ?

Attachments

• IMG_20211006_155347.jpg
    IMG_20211006_155347.jpg
    782.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20211006_155159.jpg
    IMG_20211006_155159.jpg
    892.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20211006_155138.jpg
    IMG_20211006_155138.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 177
Voici Terry quelques photos de ma MD 1000 enfin récupérée après les problèmes de ma jante abîmée le changement du BMS sur les batteries et l'axe de moyeu cassé, je vais enfin pouvoir rouler avec et en profiter... J'espère tout ça va pour toi Terry ?
Does that light function as a brake light and what brand fenders are you using? Can you give information on the parts?

I noticed these fenders online and I bookmarked them as they look like they would fit the bike and keep the water from splashing on your front and backside.

Fat fenders

Back