Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

I read everything in 2021 is Canbus. The cable won't work. I got mine in July 2021 it's canbus. I am waiting for a hack or a dealer to unlock it. At least to a class 3. It came locked as class 2. I can peddle it to class 2 without a motor.
One last thing I was a member on Bikonit Facebook page and was asking questions. Bikonit removed me from the Facebook page. They don't want this talked about is my guess. This forum has a lot of discussion about Canbus. Search it.

I read everything in 2021 is Canbus. The cable won't work. I got mine in July 2021 it's canbus. I am waiting for a hack or a dealer to unlock it. At least to a class 3. It came locked as class 2. I can peddle it to class 2 without a motor.
So the bike is restricted to 20mph? That would be a major downgrade.

So the bike is restricted to 20mph? That would be a major downgrade.
The bike is very nice it rides single track well and it's pretty nimble for it's size. I am very happy with it except for the 20 mph is a downgrade for sure. There are people working on the fix I am sure in a few months it will happen. I hope. The guy Mark from Bikonit wrote me in emails that they are worried that I will hurt myself so that's why they locked it at 20mph. But it is Bafang that are controlling the Canbus not Bikonit or Biktrik or whoever else puts their names on this bike.

The bike is very nice it rides single track well and it's pretty nimble for it's size. I am very happy with it except for the 20 mph is a downgrade for sure. There are people working on the fix I am sure in a few months it will happen. I hope. The guy Mark from Bikonit wrote me in emails that they are worried that I will hurt myself so that's why they locked it at 20mph. But it is Bafang that are controlling the Canbus not Bikonit or Biktrik or whoever else puts their names on this bike.
Humm, A muy macho, self described "hunting ebike" with a "you'll put your eye out" mom-splaining admonition ...

Way to go Bikonit!

One last thing I was a member on Bikonit Facebook page and was asking questions. Bikonit removed me from the Facebook page. They don't want this talked about is my guess. This forum has a lot of discussion about Canbus. Search it.
I was also removed from the Facebook group. I don't think they want people to buy direct from China.

It's here. The derailer is a little wonky. The mounting screw just spins and doesn't tighten snug. I'm going to have a bike shop tune it up.
HD1000.jpg

I'm still waiting on my HD1000 that's been in California off the water, now in port, for 3 weeks. I have a fedex tracking number that shows fedex hasn't picked it up yet. Anybody else in the same boat?
I am in the same Boat up here in Vancouver canada bike has been in port for 3 weeks UPS waiting to pick it up kind of frustrating

I wondering why Leili doesn't just send additional good batteries to us now.
Apparently they don't want their customers to mix and match batteries I asked the same question even offered to send the batteries back once I received my bike but a big NO they said I have to dispose of them or recycle with proff then they will fly out 2 new batteries in the mean time I will be with out a brand new bike for another 2 weeks!!

She sent me the video too with some daft info sheet. It’s a bit “ad hoc”. The battery they used in the video looks a bit “hmmm”! Watch what your doing bro, lithium is dangerous stuff when it goes up! Especially when it’s already not right to start with.

I fixed a couple of small things myself when the IGH started give up so she(Flora) thinks they can save a few £’s and get me to fix the battery myself too. I’ll have to think about that.
My contact Cindy said the repair is easy my engineer friend says no its not and said to send the batterie back Cindy said they tested 1000 batteries and found only 1 defective and might not be bad but don't want to chance it especially on a new bike I ordered the MD 750

Is there a specific tube for the 26" x 4.8" tire or is a standard 26" x 4" okay? I'm waiting for delivery but want to be prepared. Thanks

Anyone else received a bike lately and can confirm it’s restricted to 20mph? Still waiting on mine but hopefully here next week.

Another quick update... The Rohloff IGH is frickin still amazing! too bad about the battery recall on the md1000... it's always something with this f'in bike.... I did recently purchase a luna x1 mtb... I love this Rohloff IGH so much I think i'll replace my SRAM on my x1 with a Rohloff IGH!!! sick of tuning the stupid SRAM... and I do beat the hell out of that thing and would be so much more simple with the IGH... Plus i hate planing my climbs and i dont have to do that with the rohloff.

Attachments

• PXL_20210827_153847103.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210827_153847103.MP.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 136
Another quick update... The Rohloff IGH is frickin still amazing! too bad about the battery recall on the md1000... it's always something with this f'in bike.... I did recently purchase a luna x1 mtb... I love this Rohloff IGH so much I think i'll replace my SRAM on my x1 with a Rohloff IGH!!! sick of tuning the stupid SRAM... and I do beat the hell out of that thing and would be so much more simple with the IGH... Plus i hate planing my climbs and i dont have to do that with the rohloff.
So you retrofit a Rohloff 14 to the MD 1000? I wonder if anyone has ordered the MD 1000 with the Rohloff 14 from Leili? I have the Rohloff E14 on my current bike and it is indeed "amazing" but it is an electronic shifter that is fully integrated with a smallish Bosch mid-drive motor (75Nm) that has auto cutoff when shifting to protect the E14.

As long as you ride carefully e.g. not shifting under load I imagine that would be fine but a 120Nm motor can be a drivetrain shredder. The horrible experience with the SA RX-RK5 taught me how to shift without pedal or motor power engaged and I continue to do that today. The MD 1000 is certainly not a "mountain bike" and anyone who buys it for that use case will find that out pretty quickly. It's a cool looking big, fast, fun cruiser that can go just about anywhere but riding it like a mountain bike is a good way to maim it, or yourself.

So you retrofit a Rohloff 14 to the MD 1000? I wonder if anyone has ordered the MD 1000 with the Rohloff 14 from Leili? I have the Rohloff E14 on my current bike and it is indeed "amazing" but it is an electronic shifter that is fully integrated with a smallish Bosch mid-drive motor (75Nm) that has auto cutoff when shifting to protect the E14.

As long as you ride carefully e.g. not shifting under load I imagine that would be fine but a 120Nm motor can be a drivetrain shredder. The horrible experience with the SA RX-RK5 taught me how to shift without pedal or motor power engaged and I continue to do that today. The MD 1000 is certainly not a "mountain bike" and anyone who buys it for that use case will find that out pretty quickly. It's a cool looking big, fast, fun cruiser that can go just about anywhere but riding it like a mountain bike is a good way to maim it, or yourself.
Waiting on my MD1000 from Leili with the Rohloff IGH. It's at the Port of LA. Getting close.

Actually I've tried to break this thing and I can't. Here's some photos and videos of the adventure.... https://photos.app.goo.gl/k4c6ML7YR5CjtQqA8

Back