Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Hey J3ON

The 3 HD 750 BIKES i've messed with had 80-90lbs of air pressure in the front shock out of the box. (port is on the underside facing the ground) Get a decent Front suspension pump with gauge and boost that to about 90-110psi. It could damage the suspension to exceed 120psi be careful- I'm 250lb and ride somewhat aggressive. I like it 105-110psi. Also on the bottom side of the other fork you can adjust the red rebound knob. My fork has 12 click settings for rebound. I set mine to 3 clicks in out of 12. Mess with it until it suits your body and riding style. Get this dialed in and you'll be pretty satisfied with the RST front end. Hope that helps.

↓ ↓ I have this pump, it works good.↓ ↓

GIYO High Pressure Shock Pump, (300 PSI Max) for Fork & Rear Suspension, Lever Lock on Nozzle No Air Loss

Hi Wendigo,
Until now I had no choice but to ride with the fork completely locked, I'm an heavy weight too and when I'm on the bike the fork gets completely compressed but now I will try some adjustments by turning the red cap as you suggested.
This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for, but 110lbs !?
I'm 265lbs and I thought 80lbs was the maximum, from 80 to 110 there is 30lbs of difference, what is your fork model ?

Welcome to the gang brother!

You should sell your spare IGH set up and get some more “treats” for your bike. It’ll prob still be an awesome set up for a analogue bike or even lower powered motor. The Ultra is just too beefy for it. RMK puts good miles on his bike with the Sram set up and he says it’s been great so far. I’d trust his word and tests. I can’t wait to get the Sram set up on mine! It’s been parked up for a while since the IGH more or less split in two. I’m hoping to get it any day now and think I’ll be able to fit it myself in a few hours.
I rebuilt my IGH and think it would be ok on a bike with no motor so yours should be good for that no sweat. 🙂

In the end I think to keep the belt drive kit, never know I might need a rim or other parts someday and like you said it could also be part of a future project.
You will be so satisfied with your SRAM system, it is reliable and very precise and despite having a chain it is also silent, so silent that while riding in a park, deers noticed my presence just when I was a few meters from them!
The only loud enough sound coming out of this bike is the sound of the MAXXIS tires on the asphalt, no need to ring the bell, everyone hears something big is coming 😄

Hi Wendigo,
Until now I had no choice but to ride with the fork completely locked, I'm an heavy weight too and when I'm on the bike the fork gets completely compressed but now I will try some adjustments by turning the red cap as you suggested.
This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for, but 110lbs !?
I'm 265lbs and I thought 80lbs was the maximum, from 80 to 110 there is 30lbs of difference, what is your fork model ?
Hey bro, as a bench mark for you I am around 170 lbs and I ride with 95-100 PSI in the front shock and have the rebound set very near middle of the road. I’m quite demanding of it though. 1 click to the “+” if you wanna split hairs. If you’re just riding on pavement that may suit you too. I’m sure 140 PSI is max but once you get over 100 you’ll feel it really stiffen up. If I was you I’d start @ 100 PSI and go from there, you can add a bit more if you need it. It’ll just depend how you ride. Here’s the pump i

Rockshox Hi Pressure Shock/Fork... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M6ZFEL4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

RMK is heavier than me and I’m sure he’s played around with his shock pressure too so may be able to give you more info. 👍

In the end I think to keep the belt drive kit, never know I might need a rim or other parts someday and like you said it could also be part of a future project.
You will be so satisfied with your SRAM system, it is reliable and very precise and despite having a chain it is also silent, so silent that while riding in a park, deers noticed my presence just when I was a few meters from them!
The only loud enough sound coming out of this bike is the sound of the MAXXIS tires on the asphalt, no need to ring the bell, everyone hears something big is coming 😄
Nice one. I’m sure the IGH would be great on a low power motor or just a plain analogue bike. 👍

Terry
A question for us Brits. Have you any worries riding on the road as bike not legal? I assume if stopped it would be penalty points multiple for no insurance and illegal moped plus fine and bike confiscated....just wondered if removing batteries till I get off road would be sensible

Hey Wolfie, hope you’re well bro? I have no worries at all, none.

I ride in and around Edinburgh city centre, so it’s well busy with police and traffic and pedestrians and… etc… etc. I find so long as you’re riding responsibility and not flying about the place you’re good. Lots of people stop and ask about the bike because it’s so big but most are just curious. I’d say most cops will be much the same with you, so long as you’re behaving responsibly they don’t take any notice.

If you felt you were being “pulled” over by a PITA…
The power button is right on your left thumb so the bike can be switched off in a heartbeat if needed. It then becomes just a normal analogue bike. You could also click it into PAS 1 or 2 and it’s only good for 15mph or whatever. You could also unplug the throttle altogether. All these things are available but if you’re behaving responsibly I doubt anyone will bother you.

I offered a cop at the beach where I ride a go one day but he said “not while he was on duty”, I was being sensible and he was curious as hell. He wasn’t bothered in the least. All good. I know not all coppers are the same but most I’ve ran across are too busy with other stuff to even look unless your asking for it.

Hope this puts your mind at rest. 👍

It does thanks. Did your batteries come separately and before your bike or after? She quoted DDP shipping. Is that how your delivery was and was there any additional costs is vat or dumping duties to pay?. Sorry for so many questions Terry

It does thanks. Did your batteries come separately and before your bike or after? She quoted DDP shipping. Is that how your delivery was and was there any additional costs is vat or dumping duties to pay?. Sorry for so many questions Terry
No problem at all, ask away buddy.

I got mine DPD over land too, was quite quick to be honest. I know others had a bit of a wait but mine came quick. Those were all US also though. All the batteries and everything are already installed, comes in 1 big box, it’s a decent box. Not top notch but it does the job. It’ll have a few smaller boxes inside with your charger and pedals etc. The wee tool kit they send with it will get you going. Mines arrived with flat tires so maybe have a pump on hand in case you’re the same. My batteries were quite low too but they charge quite quick. There’s no other charges at all. It’ll just turn up with a courier. Just shout if you think I can help you with any other info. I know what the wait is like too. You just want your bike! Lol

Hey bro, how long did shipping take for the Sram kit? I ordered/paid for mines 2 weeks ago. Am hoping I get it any day now. 👀
It took about a month total.

I've been riding 30-40 miles 4-5 times a week and the SRAM continues to impress. I'm back to worry free riding going fast and far while getting a great workout. I just can't bring myself to ride the Specialized Turbo Creo anymore and I'm thinking of selling it as that is a very expensive backup hanging from my garage ceiling.

Terry
A question for us Brits. Have you any worries riding on the road as bike not legal? I assume if stopped it would be penalty points multiple for no insurance and illegal moped plus fine and bike confiscated....just wondered if removing batteries till I get off road would be sensible
Yank here ... :cool:

In the good old US of A, if you limit the speed on the controller and put one of these stickers on the bike you are fine. As Terry said, not drawing undo attention to oneself is key to survival in the wild ...

It took about a month total.

I've been riding 30-40 miles 4-5 times a week and the SRAM continues to impress. I'm back to worry free riding going fast and far while getting a great workout. I just can't bring myself to ride the Specialized Turbo Creo anymore and I'm thinking of selling it as that is a very expensive backup hanging from my garage ceiling.
Cool, I’m maybe jumping the gun a bit then in my excitement to get back out on it. 😢

You’ll prob get a good price for your Creo if you do sell it, there isn’t enough bikes to go around right now.

Hey bro, as a bench mark for you I am around 170 lbs and I ride with 95-100 PSI in the front shock and have the rebound set very near middle of the road. I’m quite demanding of it though. 1 click to the “+” if you wanna split hairs. If you’re just riding on pavement that may suit you too. I’m sure 140 PSI is max but once you get over 100 you’ll feel it really stiffen up. If I was you I’d start @ 100 PSI and go from there, you can add a bit more if you need it. It’ll just depend how you ride. Here’s the pump i

Rockshox Hi Pressure Shock/Fork... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M6ZFEL4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

RMK is heavier than me and I’m sure he’s played around with his shock pressure too so may be able to give you more info. 👍
Ok, I'll do that, thanks

Of course delayed again, "waiting for batteries, still need to wait"
That sucks bro! 🙁 About your sticker issue, they should peel off if you use boiling water on them then they should peel off quite easily. Just be careful with where the water is going to run etc. Use a set of tongs and a cloth and dip it in the boiling water the hang it over the sticker. You may have to do it a couple times to soften the glue but they should come of relatively easily. I actually wanted stickers but got none! Lol

Is the rear SRAM gear a 7 or 9 speed? The online site doesn't seem to make it clear. Not talking about the 11 speed biktrix version here

Hey guys, has anyone thought about battery replacement i.e. availability since this frame has been built around this battery size/shape and all. I suppose you'll have to depend on Bikonit, Bolton Bikes and Biktrix to make sure that this particular frame size battery be manufactured since they are retailers of the same bike.

Hey guys, has anyone thought about battery replacement i.e. availability since this frame has been built around this battery size/shape and all. I suppose you'll have to depend on Bikonit, Bolton Bikes and Biktrix to make sure that this particular frame size battery be manufactured since they are retailers of the same bike.
I purchased 2 extra batteries (4 total) for the MD 1000. They were from Yeili and were approx. $400 delivered each. Shipping is a killer as they only charge $270 for the 15ah batteries. I would recommend anyone planning on ordering the bike who might want extra batteries, should make the extra battery(s) order with the original bike order. That might avoid additional freight charges and make the batteries very affordable.

Back