Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

I purchased 2 extra batteries (4 total) for the MD 1000. They were from Yeili and were approx. $400 delivered each. Shipping is a killer as they only charge $270 for the 15ah batteries. I would recommend anyone planning on ordering the bike who might want extra batteries, should make the extra battery(s) order with the original bike order. That might avoid additional freight charges and make the batteries very affordable.
Good suggestion.

Hi All
Been looking at this bike for ages now. I have a question before i decide which bike to go for. Whats the difference between the MD1000 and the MD750 (besides the obvious wattage). Will they both provide 160nm of torque? Will the 750 be slower at all gear speeds, will it be more frugal with battery power? Is the difference just the amp controller allowing lower amps use? I assume their the same motor with different controllers?? Has anyone on here had any experience with the MD750?
ps.....great thread for info. Well done to all that contribute, warts and all
Hey bro, I’m almost sure the 1000w has bigger mosfets in compared to the 750w to deal with the higher power. I can’t remember where I read that, it may have been a tear down video or some thing. I have a head like a sieve! 🤯 👍

Hey bro, I’m almost sure the 1000w has bigger mosfets in compared to the 750w to deal with the higher power. I can’t remember where I read that, it may have been a tear down video or some thing. I have a head like a sieve! 🤯 👍
What do you mean by mosfets?

Hi All
Been looking at this bike for ages now. I have a question before i decide which bike to go for. Whats the difference between the MD1000 and the MD750 (besides the obvious wattage). Will they both provide 160nm of torque? Will the 750 be slower at all gear speeds, will it be more frugal with battery power? Is the difference just the amp controller allowing lower amps use? I assume their the same motor with different controllers?? Has anyone on here had any experience with the MD750?
ps.....great thread for info. Well done to all that contribute, warts and all
Hey bro, I’m almost sure the 1000w has bigger mosfets in compared to the 750w to deal with the higher power. I can’t remember where I read that, it may have been a tear down video or some thing. I have a head like a sieve! 🤯

Bolton says unlocking the 750 controller provides the same power as the 1000. My guess is they are exactly the same controller/motor but I have been known to be wrong (once I think) so independent verification is always a good idea. :)

Any idea where you saw that info terry. Would be good to review it. Cant find any meaningful info even on bafangs website

Any idea where you saw that info terry. Would be good to review it. Cant find any meaningful info even on bafangs website
I can’t buddy, sorry. Just one of those things I can’t remember where I saw it, just a bell went off in my head for some reason when I thought about it. It would have probably been a YouTube tear down video or a spec sheet or something if anywhere.

Bolton is playing with these things every day too so he prob knows best, he’ll have proper spec sheets on hand to consult. Maybe I’m tripping or whatever, it has been known. Lol 🙂

Hey fellas! I know it was discussed in here somewhere but cannot locate it... I am looking at upgrading to a thudbuster type seat post, could someone verify the size I should be looking for? Also, a good brand that you have experience with would be bonus points... TIA!

Hey fellas! I know it was discussed in here somewhere but cannot locate it... I am looking at upgrading to a thudbuster type seat post, could someone verify the size I should be looking for? Also, a good brand that you have experience with would be bonus points... TIA!
Hey buddy. I got the Cloud C9 seat with a Suntour SR-12 NCX seat post. Comfy as heck but quite a big seat! Check it out and if it interests you I can get the sizes needed for the MD frame.

Cloud-9 Sunlite Bicycle... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000H87PUI?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

SR SUNTOUR Unisex's SP12-NCX Seat... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HMXE8ZU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Hope you get sorted 👍

Electronic components that deal with the power in the controller. Do you know what a circuit board is? Mosfets are a type of component soldered on to it.
Never heard that term with any circuit board. From my little knowledge and dabbling I know of resistors and capacitors on a circuit board. Anyway, I believe from explanation that this motor is the same in both cases including circuitry with just the programming limitation to include a middle range product. More sales opportunity you know. They give the same power, torque (160Nm) meaning circuitry would have to be the same.

Last edited:
Hey buddy. I got the Cloud C9 seat with a Suntour SR-12 NCX seat post. Comfy as heck but quite a big seat! Check it out and if it interests you I can get the sizes needed for the MD frame.

Cloud-9 Sunlite Bicycle... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000H87PUI?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

SR SUNTOUR Unisex's SP12-NCX Seat... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HMXE8ZU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Hope you get sorted 👍
I like the looks/specs of the Suntour. Just need to know the post size, I would assume its the 31.6mm tube size?

I like the looks/specs of the Suntour. Just need to know the post size, I would assume its the 31.6mm tube size?
Bikonit seat post is 30.4mm just went through this with their support, they told me it was 31.6mm; it is not; the 31.6mm I bought was too big, called Bolton and they confirmed 30.4mm. need to buy a 27.2mm and a 27.2 to 30.4 sleeve.

Never heard that term with any circuit board. From my little knowledge and dabbling I know of resistors and capacitors on a circuit board. Anyway, I believe from explanation that this motor is the same in both cases including circuitry with just the programming limitation to include a middle range product. More sales opportunity you know. They give the same power, torque (160Nm) meaning circuitry would have to be the same.
It’s a high powered transistor, metal oxide one too! Lol They’re used for higher power stuff. Resistors and caps are the basics of electronics.

When I was first enquiring about the MD I asked about the 750w first. Leili advised me against the 2 battery set up with the 750w motor for some reason so I went with the 1000w pretty quickly after that and never asked any more.

it may have been an upgrade to the mosfets as a newer more up to date model of the ultra or something I’m thinking of too. I’ve read too much over the months to be sure. At first I was reading everything I could get my hands on. Looking forward to tinkering with the programming again once I do the conversation.

Bikonit seat post is 30.4mm just went through this with their support, they told me it was 31.6mm; it is not; the 31.6mm I bought was too big, called Bolton and they confirmed 30.4mm. need to buy a 27.2mm and a 27.2 to 30.4 sleeve.
I did the same. I bought a Thudbuster post and ended up bining it. I tried to sand it a bit as I had got the size wrong but got fed up and bought the Suntour one. I find the Suntour is a decent ride. Looking forward to getting back out on it! 🙂

Thank you!

Bolton says unlocking the 750 controller provides the same power as the 1000. My guess is they are exactly the same controller/motor but I have been known to be wrong (once I think) so independent verification is always a good idea. :)

Hi RMK,
about the G510, the underside of mine is marked 750W, it's true that I ordered an MD750 but, as you said, I believe that the MD750 and the MD1000 are equipped with the same motor, if you guys check and you have marked 750W it means that either it's a 750W motor with a controller programmed to 1000W or it's still a 750W but equipped with a more powerful controller inside the frame, but Leili confirmed me that the MD750 and the MD1000 have the same torque, so I would go more on the first option.

Hi RMK,
about the G510, the underside of mine is marked 750W, it's true that I ordered an MD750 but, as you said, I believe that the MD750 and the MD1000 are equipped with the same motor, if you guys check and you have marked 750W it means that either it's a 750W motor with a controller programmed to 1000W or it's still a 750W but equipped with a more powerful controller inside the frame, but Leili confirmed me that the MD750 and the MD1000 have the same torque, so I would go more on the first option.
Yeah no matter what you call it, the Ultra 1000, G510, or M620 it is one motor. The controller sets the power limits and fortunately, it can be changed via the controller to be either a 750W or 1000W + motor with 160 Nm of torque. By all accounts it's a damn good motor but it makes a lot of really strange noises.

I test rode a RIESE & MULLER DELITE GX with ROHLOF E14 (2019 pre pandemic floor model) today and absolutely loved the very quiet Bosch Performance motor, the smooth shifting Rohloff E14 IGH (chain version) and the front and rear FOX suspension. My finger has been hovering over the place order button all day. The price difference between the MD 1000 and the R&M is ridiculous even with my serious finagling of the price. I may yet pull the trigger but it means parting with my Specialized Turbo Creo. The Creo is a nice unsuspended great handling well built road bike for younger people. After the test ride today the R&M is clearly a better ebike than the Creo for me.

Riding the M 1000 is fun and it is more powerful and faster than just about anything else I have ridden. But I can't shake the "this thing will die well before I'm ready for that to happen" feeling every time I ride it . OTOH, the R&M is great looking and rides like the expertly built, quality engineered product it is. Smooth, refined, quiet and fast enough is my take. It's like the MD1000 is a MIG-17 and the R&M is a LearJet 75.

Update: I pulled the trigger on the R&M Delite GX today. Quick ride to my office today confirmed all the good things I was expecting. The Rohloff E14 + chain is simply a great ebike drivetrain and the Delite GX bike is world class as it should be considering the price.

I also sold my Specalized Turbo Creo in 1 day (multiple buyers) and that mostly convered the cost of the R&M. The quality used ebike market appears to be very strong.

Attachments

• Delite 2 (1).jpg
    Delite 2 (1).jpg
    766.4 KB · Views: 217
  • Delite 2 (2).jpg
    Delite 2 (2).jpg
    684.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Delite 6.jpg
    Delite 6.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 20210520_150042.jpg
    20210520_150042.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
After hours of researching Rohloff IGH's I found that one common problem with belt equipped Rohloff's was caused by excessive belt tension. That makes me wonder if a tight belt could cause premature wear with the Sturmey Archer IGH. It would be interesting to see if loosening the belt tension improves the reliability of the SA-IGH. If the SA wasn't designed for the torque of the Ultra mid-motor a tight belt on a drivetrain designed for acoustic bikes might cause problems. Anyone want to test that theory?

Last edited:
Congratulation, that looks an amazing electric bicycle. You will sure have a lot of fun on that well specified machine, the only negative is you can’t really buy any upgrades as it has everything :)

Back