Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Just heard from the shipping company and I'll be picking up the bike today. Lots going on here (wife is in healthcare and tested positive COVID a couple of days ago. My 104 year old mom just had a fall and broke her hip. She is in a long term care facility but was caring for herself and walking every day. I haven't been able to actually visit her for months due to this f-ing virus. Makes me incredibly angry at ignorant people that refuse to adhere to simple mask wearing and social distancing protocols. Risking their own lives and more importantly, the lives of others. Rant over and sorry for the off topic ...

Totally agree brother, some clown told my Mrs to “F&@£ off” at the shop 3 days ago for mentioning that exact statement to him. He now has a Timberland “face mask” he won’t be able to take off for at least a week. I was sitting in the car and saw the whole thing. He was so fkn dumb actually said “alright bro” as I approached to stomp him.

I bought the Handlebar Jack 6 or 7 months ago. Ingenious design and good for on the road/trail flat repair. I used them once to test them out at home but not since that time. I bought a bike stand that I use for regular bike maintenance.
Hi @RMK!, did it come yet? About your bike stand, do you think it will hold our ebikes and if so where did you get, please?

Hi @RMK!, did it come yet? About your bike stand, do you think it will hold our ebikes and if so where did you get, please?
It did not ... there was a screw up (of course) and it's about 100 miles away at another depot. I am going to drive there today to pick this f-ing phantom ebike up. I bought this one off of Amazon. Doubt it will hold the MD 1000 but I have other bikes that I maintain and the bike stand is very helpful.

After a 6 hour 375 mile round trip the MD1000 has arrived. Box was a bit beat up but it was nicely packed and the bike looks good. Unboxed, charging batteries and will setup and take a first ride tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20201231_183930_resized.jpg
    20201231_183930_resized.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 20201231_184135_resized.jpg
    20201231_184135_resized.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 20201231_184539_resized.jpg
    20201231_184539_resized.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 20201231_185005_resized.jpg
    20201231_185005_resized.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 271
After a 6 hour 375 mile round trip the MD1000 has arrived. Box was a bit beat up but it was nicely packed and the bike looks good. Unboxed, charging batteries and will setup and take a first ride tomorrow.
Congrats! Any idea how much charge was on the batteries before you started to recharge them?

Congrats! Any idea how much charge was on the batteries before you started to recharge them?
Thanks, no I couldn't check the charge state as I hadn't installed or powered up the controller. The 5amp charger has a fan and powers off when the battery is fully charged. They are fully charged this morning and after some coffee I'll finish the setup.

Thanks, no I couldn't check the charge state as I hadn't installed or powered up the controller. The 5amp charger has a fan and powers off when the battery is fully charged. They are fully charged this morning and after some coffee I'll finish the setup.
Congrats...
now there are 3 bikes on hand from Alibaba!
it looks that TYKOEHN1 bike and my bike may be delivered next week!

Congrats...
now there are 3 bikes on hand from Alibaba!
it looks that TYKOEHN1 bike and my bike may be delivered next week!
Thanks, yes I'm sure you will get it next week based upon the tracking you posted. The Bill of Lading said the box weight is 140 lbs and after loading/unloading and dragging it in the house, I believe it. It is indeed a beast of an ebike. Everything from the tires to the disk brake rotors are just bigger than other bikes I have seen. I believe TYKOEN1 ordered 5 of em (o_O) and so he should have lots of help unboxing and setting up.

One thing I would do over is to order another 5 amp charger. The bike will be stored in the garage and I want to bring the batteries in during winter and summer and would like the convenience of charging simultaneously.

Awesome brother! Delighted for you! Finally it’s here! 👍

Hey all you MD1000 and HD750 owners, thanks for this thread! I'm glad your bikes turned out to be real but don't want to repeat your horror stories so I'm gonna buy in-stock from Biktrix as soon as they open on Monday. Thinking of the beast, same frame as the MD1000, especially after reading Terry's experience, but the sales rep has tried to dissuade me because it's huge. I've no doubt I'll fit the bike (6'1" and gangly), but question how it'll fit in my SUV, max 88" from back of seat to rear hatch, so in theory it should fit. My question is more how much of a pain it would be to get it in there; at 52yo I can feel my strength diminishing. RMK, have you tried putting yours in your SUV yet? Thanks again - GEF

EDIT: Terry, thanks especially for your range info. I'm hoping to use this as a partial replacement for my car, but I live in a rural town with a long ride to the city if I need something that Walmart doesn't sell. One of the plusses about the beast is battery availability from sources other than biktrix. I'm thinking of ordering spares from Leili as they look considerably cheaper; and I could wait on spare batteries longer than I can wait for the bike itself.

Last edited:
Hey all you MD1000 and HD750 owners, thanks for this thread! I'm glad your bikes turned out to be real but don't want to repeat your horror stories so I'm gonna buy in-stock from Biktrix as soon as they open on Monday. Thinking of the beast, same frame as the MD1000, especially after reading Terry's experience, but the sales rep has tried to dissuade me because it's huge. I've no doubt I'll fit the bike (6'1" and gangly), but question how it'll fit in my SUV, max 88" from back of seat to rear hatch, so in theory it should fit. My question is more how much of a pain it would be to get it in there; at 52yo I can feel my strength diminishing. RMK, have you tried putting yours in your SUV yet? Thanks again - GEF
Nothing wrong from buying it from biktrix, they got great customer support. My bike is coming in a week or so but I would imagine it would be a pain in the butt trying to get the bike in the back unless you had someone helping. Did you rule out a bike rack?

Did you rule out a bike rack?

Thanks tykoehn1.

No, I haven't "ruled out" a bike rack in the long run, it's just that my piggy bank will be empty when I get the bike!

I appreciate the suggestion upthread for the ultra-tow, and when I get a bike for my wife, I'll definitely need it. That won't be until her cancer goes into remission, which thankfully looks to be on track. I think it'll be a great way to build back her strength after chemo to be ready for her next battle (may it be many years before that happens). For now the ultra-tow is out of stock on Amazon which makes we wonder if other sites that show it in stock just haven't updated.

Thanks tykoehn1.

No, I haven't "ruled out" a bike rack in the long run, it's just that my piggy bank will be empty when I get the bike!

I appreciate the suggestion upthread for the ultra-tow, and when I get a bike for my wife, I'll definitely need it. That won't be until her cancer goes into remission, which thankfully looks to be on track. I think it'll be a great way to build back her strength after chemo to be ready for her next battle (may it be many years before that happens). For now the ultra-tow is out of stock on Amazon which makes we wonder if other sites that show it in stock just haven't updated.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Glad she is on track to getting better.

I got my ultra tow from northerntools.com
Right now it says it backordered.

I personally haven't tested it yet, but it has good reviews. Seems heavy duty.

I'll leave it to RMK to give you his opinion on getting the bike in the trunk. I believe the bike weights 72 lbs without the batteries so maybe you can save some weight by removing the front tire. I have a feeling it will be challenging. Do you have any experience with putting a normal bike in the trunk?

EDIT: Terry, thanks especially for your range info. I'm hoping to use this as a partial replacement for my car, but I live in a rural town with a long ride to the city if I need something that Walmart doesn't sell. One of the plusses about the beast is battery availability from sources other than biktrix. I'm thinking of ordering spares from Leili as they look considerably cheaper; and I could wait on spare batteries longer than I can wait for the bike itself.
No problem at all brother. I know the % meter isn’t properly accurate but I really roasted mine for 30 miles and it said I still had 20% left! I am 75 kg, even say 85kg all loaded up for a trip and I would be totally confident taking it 60 - 70+ miles using PAS and being sensible at say 20-25 mph. I don’t mean sensible as in nursing it, just not roasting it full thumb for the sake of roasting it. It’s all icy as hell here right now so can’t get out. It’s also freezing cold.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Glad she is on track to getting better.
Thank you.

Do you have any experience with putting a normal bike in the trunk?
Yes. I have a conventional bike with a frame so large that I'm having trouble giving it away. Still it's 10" shorter and only 34#. The trick is to put it in rear wheel first and hold it high enough that the pedals don't scrape, which means I'm not just holding it up, but doing so at arm's length. That's why I'm worried about the weight of this bike, but as I explain it, the thought occurs that I could rig some kind of slider, maybe just slick plastic or maybe a furniture dolly, and then I wouldn't have to bear the full weight.

Back