Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Did they mention any delays to you due to covid like RMK? You're in Cali right?
Didn't get any "Covid delay" excuses. Ordered end of September, bike was completed mid November and shipped out. Timeline of shipping so far is attached here. There are various shipping methods and options, not sure what Leili, other companies or other people opted for shipping wise. I selected having it shipped to my door so the boat to Fed-Ex to me.

I didn't get a BOL, the name of the ship my bike was on or a link to track the ship in real time during the journey. I did get 2 tracking numbers, one for the first leg, that it is on now and the other for the second, fed-ex leg.

The 18 day period of 12/3 - 12/21 there were no updates. You do have to be prepared to not see any updates while it is at sea.

Mine is currently at a port awaiting discharge, given that it is one box in a container, on a boat with likely 10,000 - 20,000 other containers at a port with several other ships. I'm not expecting the discharge to be done super fast. Ordering direct is great but along with saving $2,500 bucks comes the wait time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 7.16.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 7.16.21 AM.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 184
  • download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    477.5 KB · Views: 211
I was told last night (by another Leili salesperson) that Frank is "sick". It seems to be a culture of conflict avoidance which leads to making up excuses. No matter the outcome, I won't be doing this again ...

I was told last night (by another Leili salesperson) that Frank is "sick". It seems to be a culture of conflict avoidance which leads to making up excuses. No matter the outcome, I won't be doing this again ...
What type of shipment did you opt for originally?

I was quoted a Sea Freight price only. I asked about air but was quoted absurd numbers for that service. Apparently, Leili has an "agent" that handles the domestic delivery and they were going to use Estes-Express to deliver. BTW, I was using Alibaba and was not given a down payment option nor, did I request one. I paid the full invoice up front because well, I'm told I'm rich. :cool:

What type of shipment did you opt for originally?
I did boat from china to baltimore then fedex. It arrived on the 21st like yours. Mine is already off the boat and cleared customs according to the tracking info. From my understanding it goes to a warehouse nearby or is there already. FedEx then picks it up. I was able to track the boat across the ocean. Still waiting for FedEx tracking number. I got a good deal from leili compared to what you paid but I didn't have the option for camo :(
Also I ordered more than one which helped with the overall price

Last edited:
I was quoted a Sea Freight price only. I asked about air but was quoted absurd numbers for that service. Apparently, Leili has an "agent" that handles the domestic delivery and they were going to use Estes-Express to deliver. BTW, I was using Alibaba and was not given a down payment option nor, did I request one. I paid the full invoice up front because well, I'm told I'm rich. :cool:
I was offered an option for to the port where you would deal with a local party/broker to handle the second leg or to the door where fed-ex handles the second leg.

I did boat from china to baltimore then fedex. It arrived on the 21st like yours. Mine is already off the boat and cleared customs according to the tracking info. From my understanding it goes to a warehouse nearby or is there already. FedEx then picks it up. I was able to track the boat across the ocean. Still waiting for FedEx tracking number. I got a good deal from leili compared to what you paid but I didn't have the option for camo :(
Also I ordered more than one which helped with the overall price
Yes that sounds like mine. Gives me hope that mine makes it off the boat quickly! What port did yours go into?

We have probably underestimated the problems in factories and supply chains due to covid-19.

I just looked a YouTube video "want an ebike in 2021? Watch this first", where the guy from Bolton ebike explains that when you order brakes totday from one of the most populair used in the cheaper DIY kits, you will get them in december 2021!!

Also a lot of warnings on sites where you want to order an ebike, you see a warning "not shipped before march 21!
Imagine what will happen in spring when everybody wants one!

Things are not getting better soon

So, good news on my end! Just got a message from Leili. They said my bikes are done and ready to be shipped out. She stated that I need to finish with my balance, but before I do that what is everyone's recommendation on handling the payment? I thought I didn't pay the remaining balance till I got the bike.

So, good news on my end! Just got a message from Leili. They said my bikes are done and ready to be shipped out. She stated that I need to finish with my balance, but before I do that what is everyone's recommendation on handling the payment? I thought I didn't pay the remaining balance till I got the bike.
I paid before they shipped the bike. I think it's safe cause alibaba protects it

That’s great news buddy! Sounds like you got the same deal as me. You pay the balance but alibaba holds it until you confirm delivery then they release it to Leili. Is it an alibaba link they ask you to pay it by?
Awesome news buddy, hope the final part is a breeze for you.

I got the same notification yesterday that my md1000 will be completed early next week and send remaining 50% balance payment. Did you get this same photo from them? Just curious.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201227-064234.png
    Screenshot_20201227-064234.png
    598.3 KB · Views: 219
I get these photos....

Attachments

• 799A8AE6-D2E2-488C-A9B5-04B93D82F11A.jpeg
    799A8AE6-D2E2-488C-A9B5-04B93D82F11A.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 99C903D1-D19F-4C3B-AD92-4CA59966358D.jpeg
    99C903D1-D19F-4C3B-AD92-4CA59966358D.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 231