Gear + Button Problem - Interceptor

Ron from BC

My wife returned from a ride yesterday without any issues, she left the driveway this morning and found that she could no longer press the black Gear + button the right hand controls. I don't use the bike at all but I believe the button 'should' have a spring loaded feeling. Right now the housing around it seems a bit loose.

Anyone know if there is a spring seated in behind it which may have come loose?
IMG_3808.JPGIMG_3810.JPG

Thanks in advance

I'm afraid I can't help you much since I have the Platinum Interceptor which uses a different shifter. From what I can see in your pics, it does appear to be a loose or broken spring. I recommend you contact Pedego tech support. They will diagnose the problem and likely send you the parts & instructions if you are comfortable doing the work yourself. If not, try contacting your dealer.

Right, the dealer was closed yesterday but it's off to the bike doctor this morning. I'll report the conclusion.

I dropped the bike off at 930 this morning and got a call at 430 saying that it's ready for pick up....all fixed. There is a spring underneath the button however apparently the housing around the button was broken as well. Oh well, I'll take the wife in first thing in the morning and she can ride home.

.....and just to yet again confirm the stellar customer support from Pedego, there was no charge in repairing/replacing the thumb shift assembly. o_O (Pedego Victoria BC)

The 1st e-bike I test rode was a pedego ridge rider and I loved it.. I had no idea what they cost and the grin on my face went away as soon as the dealer told me it was $4,000.. Sure, dealer and warranty support are worth a lot plus it would have been just a 45min. drive for me instead of 1.5 hours where I bought my haibike.. In the end, I just couldn't justify spending nearly twice as much for the pedego but it was very tempting.

My wife is very happy with her Interceptor so that means me too. I'll be buying one in the near future but wanted a more Mtn Bike style and while I tried the Ridge Rider the one size frame was just too small for me at 6'3. Had it come in a larger frame I likely would have spent the premium dollars, as you described, for the service and convenience of both bikes going to the same shop. I can't disagree with you that a comparable ebike can be found for quite a bit less money.......customer support might not be the same but I hear you.

A Giant Quick E+ is likely on the horizon.

Back