Full suspension with Belt drive - why ?

Does it have to be titanium ?
Good question. I think that the word Titanuim has a certain cache but aluminum would be just as effective and possibly lower in cost... If using Titanium lowered the overall weight that would tip the scales in its favor.

I don’t know how much the TI is playing into how great my WW rides but I would pay for it again if that is making a decent difference...
And my bike is heavy enough in TI lol

Any ideas when?

Full suspension w/ belt drive (maybe with a step through frame) and your usual build quality and I will buy 2 on the spot and I know a lot of others will as well. I'm begging you!!! Just do it! :p

It is doable. Honestly I have SO much on my plate. The amount of testing it takes is crazy. Also we haev to custom design some parts - just the mold and testing the mold takes a lot of time and effort.

The great thing is - if you buy a bike today (even hard tail), you can swap out the frame if / when new frames are available. I will ensure all parts are plug and play for the most part.

The term "Ultimate Commuter" to me means it will last a long time and also be very strong to handle lot's of weight. Same goes for an "Ultimate Tourer".
I may be wrong but isn't it easier to do that with Steel or Titanium frames. Not to mention doesn't Ti flex a bit giving a certain 'feel'?

Last edited:
Suspended rear & front carrier would be important for me in the future. I guess Germans "commute" with Beer more often and would like it not to be so shook up when they get to their destination! :)

Suspended rear & front carrier would be important for me in the future. I guess Germans "commute" with Beer more often and would like it not to be so shook up when they get to their destination! :)

Suspended front carrier ? You mean on the frame itself ?
Suspended Rear carrier - like the RM ?

There appears to be an acceptable compromise even with an unsprung rack. Just have to get the kinematics right.

Now for that stepthrough ... lol.

Good question. I think that the word Titanium has a certain cache but aluminum would be just as effective and possibly lower in cost... If using Titanium lowered the overall weight that would tip the scales in its favor.

Titanium is the superior material... the cost and fabrication are the real issues. 😉

1595471442204.png
1595471546445.png

Suspended front carrier ? You mean on the frame itself ?
Suspended Rear carrier - like the RM ?
Yes & Yes, so the goods you have on the racks get a smooth ride, also do not contribute to wear & tear of the bike as much and they also do not hinder the suspension like racks connected to axles front or rear would.
eg. Most suspension forks are not designed to have a 10kg wheel rebound, same goes for the rear.
The discontinued Tout Terrain Panamericana had a suspended rear rack. Not sure about any others.
But the R&M designs are more elegant albeit small load capability on their front racks.

eg. Most suspension forks are not designed to have a 10kg wheel rebound, same goes for the rear.
How about faster rebound, but a larger rear suspension to compensate for the faster rebound ? Its not ideal but you can get 80 - 85% of the way.

How about faster rebound, but a larger rear suspension to compensate for the faster rebound ? Its not ideal but you can get 80 - 85% of the way.
The suspended rack is the ultimate, like i said, comfortable on the gear on the rack, bike & suspension without having to worry about rebound so much.
But i guess it's difficult for the frame designer.

The suspended rack is the ultimate, like i said, comfortable on the gear on the rack, bike & suspension without having to worry about rebound so much.
But i guess it's difficult for the frame designer.
Yeah.. its not trivial. Most of these suspended racks need custom molds.
WIll keep this mind..

I remember reading about & discussing here:

Yeah.. its not trivial. Most of these suspended racks need custom molds.
WIll keep this mind..
I would make the mount points on the frame, have the rear rack as optional & make it out of Chrome Moly or Titanium so the whole rack has a bit of 'spring' factor.

For 5-6k+ I don't see an excuse to go for a mediocre seatpost suspension instead of a real full suspension setup on an Aluminum bike.

I also think suspended rack is not that big of a challenge and are they really necessary ?

Back