Frame tool bag for Superdelite

amayers

Region
USA
I'm interested in buying a small frame bag that will mount to the standard water bottle holder mounts on my 2021 Superdelite. However the area is pretty small, and I haven't found a frame bag that will fit there, and allow access to the factory lock. I plan to use the bag to hold a couple basic tools: allen wrenches, torx wrenches, pliers, knife and CO2 inflator. Does anyone have experience with a bag that will fit in this space?
Because I have a dropper post, a normal small seat bag doesn't really work.
3D61D55B-DFFA-4266-A92E-D3C1B1CC5469.jpeg

There are quite a few options out there. Try searching "Bottle Cage Tool Roll."

Abus makes a plastic/fiber strap to secure that lock holder. Try removing the holder and see how it fits on the back side of the seat tube, just above the rack attachment points. If it fits, contact ABUS USA and ask them to send you a couple of the straps. They sent them to me at no cost.
E-Mail: [email protected] Phone: 312-640-1111

worst case scenario just buy one of these for $25 as they come with two of the securing straps

That would open up your lower triangle for both a water bottle and a water bottle style tool holder.

Just get a large water bottle and put your tools in it?
Or you could strap a small tool kit under the rack.

Attachments

• 7335BDC3-3643-418D-8F46-07F2587D531F.jpeg
    7335BDC3-3643-418D-8F46-07F2587D531F.jpeg
    812.3 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
I use one of these soft tool bags with one of these side-load cages on one of my bikes with limited cage space, and since it's a little soft and pliable, it works well.

I purchased a $16 cloth tool roll up from Menards and applied a clear rubber sealer to the outer layer. This was the only tool wrap I found to fit the length and width of the Delite rear rack. Was an affordable and easy solution to carry tool, tubes wallet, phone and pump in a minimal size rear rack bag.

Attachments

• Tool wrap Alanzo.jpg
    Tool wrap Alanzo.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 245
I swapped for the Ergon saddle (even though I have the GX option) and bought one of these saddle bags (see pic) that clips directly into the back of the seat. I store a wrench, micro ratchet, tire levers, patch kit, CO2 gas pump in it no problem. When I use dropper I "guide" my seat down with my rear rather than full weight plop as the bag just barely taps the rear rack when fully lowered.

1620710355041.png

Anyone else notice from OP's pic, R&M swapped out the old horn (left side) and hi-beams (right side) buttons for a combined assembly on the left?

Anyone else notice from OP's pic, R&M swapped out the old horn (left side) and hi-beams (right side) buttons for a combined assembly on the left?
I ended up moving the horn/light assembly to the right. I could get it much closer to the grip that way.

Back