Bags compatible with Superdelite rack

amayers

Region
USA
Hi, I just placed an order for a Superdelite and I'm starting to plan out my accessories. Currently I have a Priority Current ebike, and on that I use a set of cheap panniers that fit a paper grocery bag each. I'm looking for something similar (although cheap isn't a required criteria), for the Superdelite. However the Superdelite's rack doesn't have the lower attach point that most panniers use to bungy the bottom of the bag to. I know from reading that it has a MIK system, and I see some panniers that can work with that. But all of those so far require you to have a pair installed at the same time. Are there any that allow a single pannier at a time? Since the MIK system is a top mount, maybe there are other types of mounts for the more side mounted loads that are compatible? So little info about the rack/baggage on these bikes...

I plan to get a ~7 L MIK compatible trunk bag that I'll probably keep on the bike when I don't have the panniers installed. For some basic tools, as well as having somewhere to put gloves and a light jacket. I've seen a couple setups that have both the panniers & a trunk bag. While I likely don't need all 3 on most rides, it would be nice to have the option. Is this something that could be done, without having to unscrew the MIK adapter from the trunk bag & panniers to make that swap?

Also, I'd like to get the water bottles that attach without a cage to the front rack's mounting bolts. Almost all the reviews for these bikes show them on there. Is there some special name for these type of water bottles so I can find them online?

For those curious about the config I ordered:
Superdelite Rohloff HS
Silver
GX
Nyon
Fox suspension upgrade
Normal rear carrier
No front rack

Currently I ride 10 mile round trip to pickup groceries, or basic takeout. If I want to go anywhere else more interesting, it's a 20-30 mile round trip. So far I've been doing all riding on the road, or paved trails. However I'm planning to do some light dirt trail riding as there are quite a few large trails within a 20 mile ride from my house.

Last edited:
I just have the one pannier made by restrap.com, their smaller size. It clips on and is securely attached.

Attachments

• 20201107_141332.jpg
    20201107_141332.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,107
I just have the one pannier made by restrap.com, their smaller size. It clips on and is securely attached.
How can you know if a pannier like that will work with this rack? I don’t see any mounting system named. Is it standard so any clip type pannier will work?

That is the Superdelite rack (not the mudgard one). The pannier does not use the MIK attachment but if you look at the pannier on the Restrap website the video shows how it attaches. There are other makes which use the same style of attachment.

Hi, I just placed an order for a Superdelite and I'm starting to plan out my accessories. Currently I have a Priority Current ebike, and on that I use a set of cheap panniers that fit a paper grocery bag each. I'm looking for something similar (although cheap isn't a required criteria), for the Superdelite. However the Superdelite's rack doesn't have the lower attach point that most panniers use to bungy the bottom of the bag to. I know from reading that it has a MIK system, and I see some panniers that can work with that. But all of those so far require you to have a pair installed at the same time. Are there any that allow a single pannier at a time? Since the MIK system is a top mount, maybe there are other types of mounts for the more side mounted loads that are compatible? So little info about the rack/baggage on these bikes...

I plan to get a ~7 L MIK compatible trunk bag that I'll probably keep on the bike when I don't have the panniers installed. For some basic tools, as well as having somewhere to put gloves and a light jacket. I've seen a couple setups that have both the panniers & a trunk bag. While I likely don't need all 3 on most rides, it would be nice to have the option. Is this something that could be done, without having to unscrew the MIK adapter from the trunk bag & panniers to make that swap?

Also, I'd like to get the water bottles that attach without a cage to the front rack's mounting bolts. Almost all the reviews for these bikes show them on there. Is there some special name for these type of water bottles so I can find them online?

For those curious about the config I ordered:
Superdelite Rohloff HS
Silver
GX
Nyon
Fox suspension upgrade
Normal rear carrier
No front rack

Currently I ride 10 mile round trip to pickup groceries, or basic takeout. If I want to go anywhere else more interesting, it's a 20-30 mile round trip. So far I've been doing all riding on the road, or paved trails. However I'm planning to do some light dirt trail riding as there are quite a few large trails within a 20 mile ride from my house.
FYI the bike should already bring 2 of those cageless bottles when you buy it

Right.. my SuperD GX with Rohloff with front rack came with bottles and correct mounting screws. My wife's Nevo 3 did not come with them...

I had it made specifically for the SD rack and it is low so the light is not affected. The company that made it for me here in Atlanta is called The Spindle and I am sure they could make one for you as well. It is just large enough for wallet, keys, tube and pump and a few other incidentals. I use it when the weather is nicer and I am carrying fewer layers of clothing. www.thespindleatl.com

I just ordered a Ortlieb Velo Shopper. I don’t really need HD waterproofing, and prefer the easier opening top. I do like the look of their QC-2.1 attachment system.

Back