Bags compatible with Superdelite rack

I just ordered a Ortlieb Velo Shopper. I don’t really need HD waterproofing, and prefer the easier opening top. I do like the look of their QC-2.1 attachment system.
We have the Veloshopper on my wife's Homage mainly for the zippering opening, we also removed the shoulder strap from that one as well, I sure you will be happy with it.

This bag came with my ride. Similar to the R&M bag. I have it on the back for now until as it blocks the light a bit on the front. Looking at moving my light, but will see on this later down the line. One step at a time.

Last edited:
So I got the Ortlieb Velo Shopper, and while I want to like it, I don't. I like it's QC 2.1 mounting system, but I don't like it's size/shape. With the taper at the bottom, you can't even put a carton of eggs in the bag without standing them on end. I've been using https://banjobrothers.com/collections/panniers/products/market-pannier on my previous bike, and while they are clearly kinda cheaply made compared to the Ortlieb, they actually fit groceries much better. I also like that it's easy to leave the lid of the bag open or to fold the lid inside the bag. The other day I put a pair of folding chairs in the Banjo Brothers, and just had them sticking 2' out the top. I can't comfortably do that with the Ortlieb.

Anyone have any other good recommendations that will fit on a SD rack? I don't need waterproofness. I may just try to see what I can do to make panniers that attach with a bungee on the bottom work on the SD, as that opens up more options.

I have R&M's front carrier bag on order (ETA by end of the month), so that will cover me for smaller items I want to bring along.

we use a Velo shopper on my wife's Homage and she likes it because of the zipper opening. I have an Ortlieb urban on my SD which is more typical Ortlieb shape but has roll top and is not huge. But I like it a lot and find it fits well though i had to adjust the bottom mount to accommodate the size of the SD rack rails. Tight on the top but I find it works as advertised.

In what way, please?
Dropping the seat at traffic lights & for getting on and off would help me (crook back). I've got the GT, so tossing up between an after-market dropper & the Cane Creek Thudbuster. Even though the Super Delite has dual suspension, I am thinking the movement of the Thudbuster helped a lot on my previous Supercharger. If I can get the two together I might just?

Dropping the seat at traffic lights & for getting on and off would help me (crook back). I've got the GT, so tossing up between an after-market dropper & the Cane Creek Thudbuster. Even though the Super Delite has dual suspension, I am thinking the movement of the Thudbuster helped a lot on my previous Supercharger. If I can get the two together I might just?
The SD suspension can be set up so soft that I can't imagine needing anything additional. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you ride it.

Marc

The SD suspension can be set up so soft that I can't imagine needing anything additional. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you ride it.

Marc
Agreed, I was surprised and even more surprised how gentle travelling over kerbs was, something I'd never done before. These are great bikes and a real pleasure to ride. I did as you say go so soft a few months back and found it aggravated things for me - so I went the other way and eventually maxed it out at 290 which oddly improved things. In trying to figure it out, the success of the Thudbuster on my previous SuperCharger hardtail got me thinking of the difference in the mechanics., i.e., there is also a slight back and forward movement in the 'bounce' or 'absorption' of the Thudbuster. The cost of being an adrenaline junkie in my younger years is here. Backs are funny things. I'll report back. btw, is that a HS Rohloff in your profile?

Nelson-Rigg 'rear' bag & Thudbuster: Got the Thudbuster & a bag for the Super Delite rear MIK compatible rack. 3 weeks riding. Thudbuster is doing what it does, I'm happy & so is my back. I've again tinkered with the rear suspension & have gone back to 290 with firm & 80% lock out (LOR8 model). The bag is a Nelson Rigg brand motorcycle tank bag. i.e. designed to sit in front of the MC rider. I would have preferred the Basil MIK rear Trunk bag for its simplicity of attaching & removing & it does look good however the Basil cost, shipping time & shipping cost saw me looking for alternatives. The Nelson Rigg attaches with straps & 4 plastic clips that are a bit smaller than the Ortlieb clips. The straps tuck away nicely on the rear rack, they also supply additional elasticised loops to help hold the loose ends in place. Rubberised base avoids slipping & the clips have rubberised flaps that sit between the clips and protect the rack from scuffing. After detaching the bag, the clips & flaps tuck away into the base so you would not know they exist. Nelson Rigg thought this bag out well but don't think they considered it would fit so snugly on bicycle. So the MC bag takes about 15 seconds to detach and maybe 30 seconds to attach. Comes with rain cover, a few pockets & zippered lid. Conclusion: convenient & if I can leave the Ortlieb panniers off I now do. It sits nicely with the Ortlieb panniers attached too. It's also meant less clutter around my work desk.

Attachments

• 20210418_195922.jpg
    20210418_195922.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 575
  • 20210418_121409.jpg
    20210418_121409.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 562
  • 20210418_114626.jpg
    20210418_114626.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 514
  • 20210418_101122.jpg
    20210418_101122.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:
I have a Superdelite and purchased the Basil Miles MIK pack for the rear carrier. It is waterproof and fits/works perfectly for me. Regarding the dropper post - I do not have one and have no issues with reaching the ground when I come to a stop.

tempImage4dxKw3.png

In the German forums, most prefer the byshulz seat posts.
You could have done both with one of these:

Whilst not on a SuperDelite but an R&M with MIK & light mounted at handlebar i opted for a (slightly) :) cheaper option:
Front (A$16.29):
Rear: (A$21.66):

Last edited:
In the German forums, most prefer the byshulz seat posts.
You could have done both with one of these:

Whilst not on a SuperDelite but an R&M with MIK & light mounted at handlebar i opted for a (slightly) :) cheaper option:
Front (A$16.29):
Rear: (A$21.66):
Wow I didn't think they existed, I'll have to pick this one up in another lifetime, Byshulz would be my choice if I ordered again. Best of both worlds I reckon but looking at my seat height in reference to my SD seat clamp I may have struggled getting decent drop.

I got the ROCKBROS 27l panniers from Amazon. They are waterproof and fit perfect on my superdelite. I think the price was $120 for the pair or you can buy them separately.

Attachments

• 16298137864422124404314816797138.jpg
    16298137864422124404314816797138.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 346
Right.. my SuperD GX with Rohloff with front rack came with bottles and correct mounting screws. My wife's Nevo 3 did not come with them...
My Nevo3 GT Vario GX did not come as standard with water bottles either. Had to order a pair of these separately. However, the Dealer did fit them and they work fine.

I see that Ortlieb uses a different setup than MIK, which is what the Superdelite comes with. Is there any way to get an Ortlieb trunk bag to work on a Superdelite?

Back