Hi All
Kevin from Australia. It has been 6 months since I initially sought feedback on a new Ebike. I have ordered Riese and Muller Charger 5 mixte in 53 cm frame, with the off road kit, front rack and bag and two drink bottle cages, and second 800 wh battery for extended ebike touring. It will be ready next week.
I assume the most logical place to mount the cages is on the head tube that the front rack attaches to or is there a better option. Sizing of bolt hole opening for bottle cage is much smaller than for the front rack
Is there a mounting kit or a special system for this to work when you have already used the head tube mounts for the front rack? Are there any other options?
A quick Internet search suggests from Amazon.
This appears to be one mount only not two as per pictures, which means two kits at a price of 90 AUD, which is rather expensive
Fahrer Multiadapter for Riese & Müller E-Bikes - Adapter for Four Accessories, Bottle Holder, Lock Holder, Stainless Steel, Black
Brand: vipstar
https://www.amazon.com.au/Fahrer-Multi-Adapter-Müller-Bikes/dp/B0CJYGR8X1
I have also ordered a second 800-watt hour battery, length is 424 mm, for extended Ebike touring. I will have two Ortlieb panniers on the sides of the rear rack. Is there a mounting system or rack bag that can hold this battery securely and go on top of rack. There is a MIK HD mounting system on rack, while also attaching two Ortleib panniers. Would like it to lengthwise on rack rather than across.
Enjoy the ride
Thanks for any suggestions
Kevin from Australia. It has been 6 months since I initially sought feedback on a new Ebike. I have ordered Riese and Muller Charger 5 mixte in 53 cm frame, with the off road kit, front rack and bag and two drink bottle cages, and second 800 wh battery for extended ebike touring. It will be ready next week.
I assume the most logical place to mount the cages is on the head tube that the front rack attaches to or is there a better option. Sizing of bolt hole opening for bottle cage is much smaller than for the front rack
Is there a mounting kit or a special system for this to work when you have already used the head tube mounts for the front rack? Are there any other options?
A quick Internet search suggests from Amazon.
This appears to be one mount only not two as per pictures, which means two kits at a price of 90 AUD, which is rather expensive
Fahrer Multiadapter for Riese & Müller E-Bikes - Adapter for Four Accessories, Bottle Holder, Lock Holder, Stainless Steel, Black
Brand: vipstar
https://www.amazon.com.au/Fahrer-Multi-Adapter-Müller-Bikes/dp/B0CJYGR8X1
I have also ordered a second 800-watt hour battery, length is 424 mm, for extended Ebike touring. I will have two Ortlieb panniers on the sides of the rear rack. Is there a mounting system or rack bag that can hold this battery securely and go on top of rack. There is a MIK HD mounting system on rack, while also attaching two Ortleib panniers. Would like it to lengthwise on rack rather than across.
Enjoy the ride
Thanks for any suggestions